1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins is out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. The music contest has been revived! Vote for your favourite theme in the Music Contest #5 Theme Poll
    Dismiss Notice

Storytelling RP: Avataria #2

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Amargaard, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Hey guys, I'm back. :)

I've a got a shit ton to read. So far, what I've seen from skimming trough is that we're making a sequel o Avataria with a proper storyline?

And again, where is everyone?

2. -Peper-

-Peper-
    Next Monday is our National Exam. Though I won't study but my father restricted my internet, so yeah. And I don't understand what just happened. Did Darkness made the collosus? And where's the real Gaia now?

3. Amargaard

Amargaard
    I think Darkness made the collosus, and Aaron has the real Gaia ^^

4. Arcisal

Arcisal
  5. Amargaard

Amargaard
    Yeah, looks like this RP is dying. Noone is to blame but me, for being a bad "creator", letting the main post get as outdated as it is today :l

6. clockwork2

clockwork2
    Oh no!!! It was such an epic RP too. T.T T.T T.T
    :sad: :sad:

EDIT: too many emotes?

7. Amargaard

Amargaard
    Chillax, it isn't dead yet, but yeah perhaps we should aim for the end of the story now ;)

Location of the characters

Aaron Talwar - ?
    Aina - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Alaina - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Am'ar Gaardos - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Arcisal/Galros - Citadel of Evil
    Auxion/Selia - Near Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Cadaos/Rex - ?
    Claira - ?
    Darkness - ?
    Duke Talban - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Kareena - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Kargath - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Leo - Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Lillith - The Arena
    Nargos - Citadel of Evil (Dead?)
    Overlord Razet - Near Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Rave - Near Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Regex - Near Wall of Horror/Rebel Main Camp
    Taera - ?
    The King - Citadel of Evil
    Vayne von Fabre - Mysterious Temple School
    Zaarnoth - In a God realm or something

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. clockwork2

clockwork2
    I'm at a temple, and ok.....so are the villains gonna win? or will the heroes?

9. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Maybe we don't need an end of story? Maybe we could just have a cliffhanger or a victory for someone, like in Star Wars (except for VI of course). Perhaps a triumphant victory for the rebels and evil retreating back into the inner lands? Then the story could be continued on in a sequel, unless you want to expand on the characters backstory. :)

Just my thought. Yeah, it's getting pretty tedious posting now.

10. Amargaard

Amargaard
    By end of story, I mean an end of the Avataria#2 story (Not of the entire Avataria franchise) - I don't care how it ends, an exciting cliffhanger or a victory for the rebels/evil forces. No matter what, I should be able to make a sequel.

By the way, everyone are allowed to kill Duke Talban and Rave, but please let Am'ar survive this one :)

I've several ideas for Avataria#3 as you all know, like make it a sequel of this one, and changing the permission to create new chars, I even considered using a wiki instead of the main post (I'm pretty good with wikis). If any of you, experienced parts of my RP, which you think I should change in #3, please tell me :)

11. clockwork2

clockwork2
  12. -Peper-

-Peper-
    Cliffhanger is the best.
    We need to end it before it dies.
    Wiki is the best.
    Yeah, I'm just being honest. Now it's getting tedious.
    The reasons:
    1. Too many character to manage and places they separated.
    2. Maybe a new system for the #3?
    3. How the story develop, in my head it's getting way too lame. Just being honest.

13. Ironside

Ironside
    I agree with us ending #2, unfortunately I'm not good at doing that so I'll really need something like pointers on how to go about doing that.

14. clockwork2

clockwork2
    To be honest...neither do I.

15. -Peper-

-Peper-
    How about a bigass ending post in the next chapter?
    I also support the use of the wiki, the main point is everyone can contribute to it!

16. Ironside

Ironside
    Even so, I can't possibly imagine how the story could ever end in one post.
    Many characters are clearly far away from any sort of danger.

Unless the story intends to end by the defeat of the enemy forces and most characters stay alive.

17. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Why don't we all give our views on how it should end before someone gives a crappy finale? We all should agree (maybe even change what we want) in order to avoid arguments on how the RP should end.

I vote for a cliffhanger, but how I just need someone to tell me what's going on.

And yeah, like Iron said, we can't end it in one post. Maybe we each could "phase" it out? Like (for example) clock posts about the "attack", I post about the "fight", -Peper- posts about the conversations, Iron posts about the results and finally Amaar posts about the end. Just an example.

But one thing I think should definately happen is Amaar posting the very last post. It's his RP after all. We all can just contribute to how the end happens.

As I said before, cliffhanger. I think maybe some of the good guys can become baddies and some of the baddies can go rogue. IMO, that pretty cool. Maybe Lilith can backstab her way out of returning to hell?

And another thing, we need someone to die, like a final boss or fight. But the contestants don't have to be the big players. Maybe between Nagros and Duke Talban?

C'mon, let's contribute!

18. Amargaard

Amargaard
    I'm starting to doubt - what exactly is a cliffhanger?

I appreciate honest people, especially in an RP such as this, where teamwork is the most important :)
    1. Yeah, that's why there will be less characters in the sequel.
    2. What would you suggest? :)
    3. Agreed it's lame, but what's done is done, and all we can do now is trying to improve the story without adding more lame stuff ;)

Well, it's easy - just stop making new minor side plots and focus on the main plot only :)

I'm in for everything. I'll follow where the story takes me - towards the end, that is.

But I would prefer a good end, with either the defeat of the king or at least the citadel's fall, but readers should know that evilness will live on somehow.

That is a possibility, yes, but personally I think we should just carry on as we have done the whole time - but with a lot of planning between each post, to avoid anything that may push the end farther away :)
    I would be glad to have the last post, but it doesn't matter that much to me :)

Rex is a good choice for switching side (From evil to good). Where is he at the moment, by the way? In the rebel camp with the good guys?
    Nargos too, wants to leave the evil side, I think.
    And yeah, maybe Lillith?
    Rave was a good guy in Avataria#1, he may join the rebels too.
    Selia can perhaps become evil, due to the curse from Auxion.
    Or any other character, can be infused by Darkness.

We need a lot of deaths. Rave can die, and I planned to kill him during the current assault anyways. Most, if not all of the evil guys will have to die as well. And some good guys must of course have to die too. If Duke Talban has to die, it should be in the end.
    I would like Am'ar to stay alive, as I want him as my Avatar Character in #3 as well, so please do not kill him :b

My thoughts on the end plot

Here is a list of events, that I think should be included during the end of our story. Just my opinion.

*Rave is defeated.
    *Overlord Razet kills someone, then is defeated.
    *Aaron comes back.
    *Fighting moves to the Arena and Hillcrose Top.
    *Kargath and Rex bonding or fighting.
    *Vayne completing school and rejoining battle.
    *Remaining rebels assaulting the Citadel of Evil.
    *Duke Talban and Galros encounter (Father vs son).
    *The fight with the King.

19. Ironside

Ironside
    Yes Selia is about to become evil in one of the upcomming posts.
    I haven't decided yet, but Regex may die against Selia.

20. -Peper-

-Peper-
    We need to get Vayne back first
    My idea :
    The rebels advanced into the citadel, rushing forward. The King stands in the front line himself, and Zaarnoth watch the amusing scene. Darkness managed to get into Rex and invokes Cadaos, possessing him once more to annihilate the rebels.
    My suggestion of The battles :
    King vs Talban and rebels
    Am'ar vs Nargos and Galros, Galros then rejoins the King to fight Talban while Am'ar switch to fight the King
    Darkness Cadaos vs Aaron, Kargath, Alaina
    Auxion vs Selia and Regex (again, in the citadel)
    Razet is immortal and Lilith is 'immortal', couldn't think any best way to kill them :D
    Also, I haven't introduced the prince yet.