• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Storytelling RP: Avataria #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Good.
Now sadly because of my laziness I can't post right now. But my next post should be like telling about:
-Asorath joining the Evil Kingdom, and the rebels planning to launch a full-scale attack directly to the citadel.
-Rex will find his way back to the camp, or even went into the citadel.
-Lilith has successfully retrieved the King's Soul sword and came back to the Citadel to threaten the King and demand something.

Level 15
Guys, please, pull yourself together, I write multiple walls of text every second day or so, but I really can't do much using those 4 or 8 lines you wrote there... I know it's sometimes hard to write, or you even lack the necessary time, but I have 2 requests:

1. If you introduce a new character, please give it some form. The way it arrives is just not enough when it interacts with the other characters just in the next post - take a look at clockwork's post: he just doesn't know, how to deal with the newcomer, since we know nothing about him, except that he knew Auxion.

2. If you can't really write about something, just don't do it. It will only move forth the chapter count, but nothing else. This is a forum RP, and as such, we have to write an entire sequence of events in a single post even if it's hard - at least it's my experience as a forum RP player. You need to make information the others can react to.

Amar, correct me if I'm wrong, but these come from my experience - this is the first time I play a totally free RP like this, but these things even work in strict single character RPs, where we only control our own characters - we write what we expect to happen and answer to multiple moments of the same event in the same post. This is needed to keep the RP fast and fluent.

These aren't meant to be strict rules, just some guides on how to make things easier and faster on both sides.

Level 15
I know that, yet they tried to meet up with him, which caused a post like what I said... So either you finish indtroducing a character in it's first post, or others better not touch him until the details are known... I think it's better to do the first one, I don't like dragging thing too long

Level 12
Guys, please, pull yourself together, I write multiple walls of text every second day or so, but I really can't do much using those 4 or 8 lines you wrote there... I know it's sometimes hard to write, or you even lack the necessary time, but I have 2 requests:

1. If you introduce a new character, please give it some form. The way it arrives is just not enough when it interacts with the other characters just in the next post - take a look at clockwork's post: he just doesn't know, how to deal with the newcomer, since we know nothing about him, except that he knew Auxion.

2. If you can't really write about something, just don't do it. It will only move forth the chapter count, but nothing else. This is a forum RP, and as such, we have to write an entire sequence of events in a single post even if it's hard - at least it's my experience as a forum RP player. You need to make information the others can react to.

Amar, correct me if I'm wrong, but these come from my experience - this is the first time I play a totally free RP like this, but these things even work in strict single character RPs, where we only control our own characters - we write what we expect to happen and answer to multiple moments of the same event in the same post. This is needed to keep the RP fast and fluent.

These aren't meant to be strict rules, just some guides on how to make things easier and faster on both sides.

One man army, I completely agree. Anyways I apologize for my inactivity because I'm packing up my stuff because my vacation is about to end and I'm heading back home. I'll most likely be there in 18 hours, so yeah, when I'm back my activity will be brought back to the fullest.

Level 19

And Kanadaj, even though you are pretty new to the RP, there's no doubt that you are one of it's greatest contributors. Your hard work making those walls of texts are highly appreciated :)

1. I can't agree more - As I've said hundreds of times before, don't make characters, unless you need to! I mean, it's your own choice and all, but we are driving this story forward as a team, and introducing one unfinished character after another is just not teamwork. In fact, it makes it more difficult for the rest of us. We have several characters in the roleplay that is unused and never should have been created in the first place, and hopefully there won't be more of those :l

2. We have writers of all levels of experience (And just as important, english vocabulary), and for some, it's hard to write a good long well-explained post. Walls of texts are great for the story, but I can't and won't expect walls of texts in every post. It's up to the RP'er himself how much work he wants to put into his writing, but nobody should be in doubt that, the more work they put into it, the more it's appreciated by the rest of us :)

lol, sorry.
Please take it seriously, and tell me what exactly had happened to your characters. I believe this is the fourth time I ask, and I hopefully will get an answer this time.
Ever since the Aarons got to Hillcrose, all kinds of crazy stuff happened to them - they fought with Razet and one of them became a spider, and most recently they met up with Jerag. I don't get this whole thing, what the fuck happened?

You seem to easily forget stuff, so let me remind you that Original Aaron was the heroic and couragous of the four, and the deceased Red Aaron was the hotheaded one. Yet, Original Aaron got all crazy at Jerag. I'm saying this because I'm having a very hard time understanding his personality, which makes it hard for me to use him in my posts. Oh, and what happened to the other two Aarons?
Since when did Alaina start to use a rapier, and become all bitchy?
And please take a look at this map.

And please state who you are writing about, when you write in first person.

Level 15
1. srry, I like making new chars.

Also, all Aarons will more then likely get upset if someone does wrong-doing to Alaina.
And only one was, he then got forced and went into a spider, who forced him out of that body. He was wandering around and then got tossed into Rave's body, who swapped bodies, then he ran home. And Alaina(Maybe I just don't show it well enough?) has always used a rapier(She DID teach Aaron fencing ya know, and fencing requires a rapier). She also dislikes flat out flirting, although I DID overdue her reaction, waaaay too angry(lol whoops :grin:). And I only write in first person about Primary Aaron. I just thought it was a known fact.

Level 19
1. Yeah, I noticed that lol, but keep in mind what I wrote above please :)

Still, I think you could express his feelings some other way, to keep him heroic and courageous - and where are Blue and Yellow Aaron right now then? :)
Oh, and again you wrote Rave - It's Razet ;)
I remember you wrote about her fencing once before actually, but in truth I didn't know the definition of fencing before now, so that's my fault, sorry.
I know that you only write about Aaron, but please show it anyways to avoid any confusion :)

Level 15
Well Aaron took over a spider to survive, but eventually his control over it waned until he was kicked out. He then ran to the swamplands, near fading, when Razet gave him Razet's original body. In a freak incident, Aaron ragained his own body whilst being cursed to feel whatever pain Razet feels, and Razet is once again in his own body. Aaron then went into a dark elf village, and after some misunderstanding of him as a god, received directions to the Rebel camp.

better?

Level 19
In case you haven't noticed yet - We have all become grunts!! :O

My summer vacation is ending soon, and I am spending the last part of it with my family. That means that I have much more time on the computer than before (Where I was practically smoking weed and partying with my friends all the time).
Hopefully I can make a post in the RP thread, work some more on the wiki, draw something Avataria-related (I still need to finish the drawing with Asorath and Darkness), etc.

Good evening to you guys :)

Level 19
@Kanadaj: If hundred chapters are needed to end the storyline, then so be it, but really I don't think so ^^
@Arcisal: That is my plan anyway :)

EDIT: This is the reason behind the peon>grunt thing :b

EDIT2: Post made as promised - I thought Kargath, Kareena and Dillich had all been out of the spotlight for too long, and putting them into a group, would make it easier to keep them in the spotlight in the future :)

Last edited:
Level 19
Getax is a planet, home to futuristic elves and dragons, living in peace together (Mostly). Aaron Talwar, Alaina Tekan, Cadaos, Rex and Kargath all came to Avataria from that planet.
Am'ar visited the planet once, where he bought the GC3 gun from Mr. Tekan (Alaina's dad), but with the loss of his memory he can't remember much more than that.

If you need all information there is, run a search on any of the above keywords in the roleplaying thread, to find some informative posts :)

EDIT: We just reached 50 pages! Yay ^^

Last edited:
Level 19
Yo ho! Check the first page! Kanadaj helped me remove some of the old stuff, that made it outdated as fuck. And now it looks fabulous! :D

Oh and we reached 150 articles on the wiki ^^

That section is still missing a lot of characters :D
It is, and I'm not finished yet, but hopefully I will be soon (Though, I don't have much time on the internet the next 24 hours)

I'm gonna make a new character soon, I don't know yet how it will turn out, it will be a side-character with supposedly no major impact on the story, I just have to change the mood a bit xD
It's your choice, but if I am to decide, you should make a useful character instead - like a captain of one of the Rebel special forces you just created yourself or something :b

Level 19
Gymnasium (A danish version of high school) has just started for me, and the homework here will be devouring most of my time in the future 3 years, but I will of course strive to make time for the RP as well.

And I would be glad to make a large post featuring a lot of chars, but I'm not able to do so as long as nobody else posts :b

Level 15
Gymnasium (A danish version of high school) has just started for me, and the homework here will be devouring most of my time in the future 3 years, but I will of course strive to make time for the RP as well.

And I would be glad to make a large post featuring a lot of chars, but I'm not able to do so as long as nobody else posts :b

Oh, Gymnasium exists there as well? :) But... It's still summer, so why did it already start? Here we have a summer break from mid June to 1st of September o_O Also, why 3 years?

I don't want to post right now, waiting for others to do it ;)

Level 19
I guess it's all different here in Denmark, but most schools start after summer vacation sometime during August. Every danish gymnasium takes three years - and it only gets worse every year :b

Hopefully someone will - here is an almost complete list of all character's current situation, which might be quite useful, for those of the RPers who find it hard to understand the recent events of the story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.