• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Starter Edition (But we had the Full Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi guys,I was playing a game in Starcraft II in my desktop days ago with my friend (about January 7-10),it was perfectly fine,after playing many games I decided to not play ScII for a few days, and i opened my SCII again on January 13 (yesterday before this thread was created) and i tried to log in,it said "Cannot Connect to Battle.net" and you might think this is just the problem,guess what,i kept on resetting my router and it has connection,so i said "What the hay,lemme play some sweet offline VS AI games instead" I clicked play online,it said "Starcraft II: Starter Edition cannot play in offline mode",WHAT STARTER EDITION?! I BOUGHT THE RETAIL VERSION WITH MY MONEY,then it's just gonna say "Starcraft II: Starter Edition cannot play in offline mode",i clicked play as guest and it did the same thing saying that bullshit message containing "Starcraft II: Starter Edition cannot play in offline mode",me and my bro Gorb started to search the internet for the solution: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2878398054?page=1 here's one thread that Gorb found,we read the whole thing,i noticed that July was when the thread started,but i only found problems in January! now im starting to get lost,then i found what starter edition has,and it was not cool,i mean... AT ALL NOT COOL
Features:
1. 4 Campaign Missions!
2. Only 4 Melee maps to play
3. Cannot Play in Offline mode
4. Can only play as terran --WTF man,i might be a terran player but this is shit--
5. It's free,BUT WE BOUGHT THE RETAIL VERSION...

If anyone has a solution,please tell me,its very appreciated,thanks for reading this problem and not Tl;dr'ing it

Last edited:
Level 22
WHAT STARTER EDITION?! I BOUGHT THE RETAIL VERSION WITH MY MONEY
ActivBlizz wants it back lol

If you have the retail, want to play offline and it tells you, you need to buy the game or smth like that, you may have opened or tested a Campaign map. It creates a Bank file (smth like war3 Cache) in your My Documents\Starcraft II\ Banks\ folder. You need to delete this bank file (Campaign.SC2Bank or smth like that) if you have it. While I was testing a map I opened a campaign to modify a map and it wouldnt allow me to play single player with similar 'just demo version; or whatever

This is if you started campaign from the editor, if with Guest acc or bnet, don't delete folders inside 'Accounts' folder or any numbered folders inside it. That's some battle net or guest acc files.

And drag any custom map you want to play vs AI in the SC2 icon on your desktop. Or you can edit the map from te editor if you Open and log onto bnet from the editor to browse a map,

Yes I also like offline play not vs AI but e.g games like Hexd, thats why the league system im doing.

Level 14
ActivBlizz wants it back lol

If you have the retail, want to play offline and it tells you, you need to buy the game or smth like that, you may have opened or tested a Campaign map. It creates a Bank file (smth like war3 Cache) in your My Documents\Starcraft II\ Banks\ folder. You need to delete this bank file (Campaign.SC2Bank or smth like that) if you have it. While I was testing a map I opened a campaign to modify a map and it wouldnt allow me to play single player with similar 'just demo version; or whatever

This is if you started campaign from the editor, if with Guest acc or bnet, don't delete folders inside 'Accounts' folder or any numbered folders inside it. That's some battle net or guest acc files.

And drag any custom map you want to play vs AI in the SC2 icon on your desktop. Or you can edit the map from te editor if you Open and log onto bnet from the editor to browse a map,

Yes I also like offline play not vs AI but e.g games like Hexd, thats why the league system im doing.

Well,i never made a campaign in the Sc2 Galaxy Editor,not even a single map,but i have checked the galaxy editor on what it has and what possibilities it can do

Level 22
So do you have a bank file e.g Campaign.SC2Bank in that folder (User)\My Documents\StarCraft II\Banks\ ? Delete it if you do. My Docs\SC II\Replays\ or Saves\ or Banks\ is the Account for single player or Test Map mode that is neither Guest Acc, nor Bnet acc, the My Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\ contains your Guest and Bnet accounts' info.

the Bank appears in My Docs\sc2\banks only if you run a campaign map or the campaign from just dragging on the sc2 icon without entering as guest account or bnet. This is the only time I can think that this message not allowing you to play anything offline will appear

Other than that you can open some map with the editor and hit test, to play it offline, if you don't get that msg you will be able to play. Not allowing you to browse your maps offline from ingame like in all previous Blizz RTS games is just another 'why oh why, Blizzard?' question.

Status
Not open for further replies.