• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Ideas Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was having problems making abilities because im not sure if it matches with the character on my RPG Adventure map. My first attempt at requesting ideas was pretty much hard to understand so im making this request with a template and a required job.

TEMPLATE
Name:
Type:
Targets:
Description:
Skill Levels:

Example:
Name:Meditate
Type:Active
Targets:Self
Description:This unit is protected by a barrier of wind blah blah blah...
Skill Levels:4 levels that are aquireable at levels 3/5/6/10.

Here is my list of jobs:
1.Freelancer (or jobless)
2.Knight
3.Paladin:Light, Devotion, Selfrenuciation
4.Black Knight
5.White Paladin

But it just Freelancer for now.
If you wan't to help on my map just join in our conversation in my signature.

Spell Status
Devotion = Complete
Selfreunciation = Finished
Light = Making

Last edited:
Level 38

What is the setting? Theme (time/place/scenario)? What kind of magic is there? What kind of technology? Is combat real-time, turn-based, or neither? Does each player only control 1 unit? Are there summoned units? Do you fight predetermined enemy mob groups or just in areas where units spawn randomly over time? Are there bosses? Who should spells be able to affect? Are there neutral passive/allied units too? Do you want AI for non-players to also cast spells? Should enemy units also have a few spells of their own or not? What kind of items are in the map (for example: many spell/ability ideas might work better as item effects)?

Level 34
Paladin (or White Paladin whatever the fuck that is)

some old unused spell ideas + effects

Name: Devotion
Type: Active
Targets: Allies (similar to druid of the claw roar)
Description: Paladin invokes loyalty among his followers. Increases attack speed and health regeneration of allies in N radius around the caster for a limited time. Does not affect Paladin.
Model: Devotion

Name: Selfrenunciation
Targets: Self, Enemies (basically works like mountain giant's taunt against mobs with a twist)
Description: Paladin enrages enemies around him withal gaining the divine armour. Forces enemies to attack Paladin and gives him massively increased armour for N seconds.
Model: DivineBarrier

Level 34
everyone wouldn't get confused
It didn't help much.

what skill slot would it be: first ability, second, third, or ultimate ability

Why? Is there a difference besides the one between ultimate and non-ultimate skills? Shouldn't this be up to you since you are the one to compose skills together? That's all so fucking weird.

And what's a freelancer? A usual merc? Or a literal lancer? Or like a free-lance journalist or designer:) WTF man

Level 38
What you want people to suggest exists within a literal 3-word framework: "RPG Adventure Map". It's exceptionally vague, yet you expect people to specify the ability's slot number? This is why I suggested giving more information about the map-- not necessarily as it is now but how it will be when completed!
Freelancers in other RPGs newbies or jobless
So that's something I can work with. I would suggest that a basic freelancer class would be like a rugged survivalist with things like
  • Ability to damage an enemy occasionally from range, but can't naturally fight air without orbs (unless you have a weapon system).
  • Some sort of debuff against mass creeps that helps keep the Freelancer alive when soloing. I would suggest an attack speed debuff (maybe aoe idk use your imagination).
  • Self-buff of some kind for attacks
  • Occasionally able to heal (lifesteal or long cooldown or high mana cost or can only really be used effectively situationally or ... etc).
  • Have a companion of some kind (familiar, pet, friend, summon, etc.)
  • Be able to teleport around the map in some balanced way, or high movespeed is probably very valuable alternative
  • A way to deal significant damage to a priority target
  • A way to tank maybe a little bit
Those are thoughts, pick a few that make a good set and add your own ideas.

Level 1
For the paladin
Name: Light
Target: Self, Ally, Undead
Description: A Paladin summons an angel to cure and heal allies and damages undead units.
Hp gained: 20/29/37/48
Damage to undead: 30/37/48/60

Status
Not open for further replies.