• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some of my Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey everyone.
I've decided to show something that I've made recently and just finished but before I can show you all, i need to tell you that I don't draw like some people here, that I like to draw concept arts or weapons and that drawing is a hobby for me.

Without further ado:

Here are the drawings with a wall of text:

Arcane Champion:
A hero unit for my project. This hero would be a Mage that is Tank/Damager but taking itself off of the mage tropes. In my lore, these guys and galls are artificial mages equipped and trained by the military and used by Passive-Magic users (people with a rare dominant DNA code that allows them access to the arcane are called Active-Magic Users while people with the recessive side of the DNA code are called Passive Magic Users) in combat. Armed with an Artificial Catalyst with an Arcane Receiver (Equipment capable of channeling magic), a Backpack with two Supply Antennas and two Arcane Feeders (looks like wings #cool) and a battle shield that also serves as an arcane Receiver (not started yet). They are found more commonly in the military (Main Faction #captainobvious) and uncommonly the Militia (Separate mini faction) and are considered dangerous.
They serve as the 5th hero in my project for the Alliance (Main faction) and as the only hero for the Militia.

wGrjBaU.jpg
[/img]
Don't mind the English error on the Arcane Receiver, I've wrote that in a hurry)

ERib5Ra.jpg

DsH2JXE.jpg

Level 49
About execution. Try don't put hard on the pencil, use low touch smooth technique, that increases accuraty a lot. That is all i wanna tell about techs, cuz ur drawings for a moment is not drawings, is paper scratching.

About design. In my opinion you should always look a total signature and shape when making a conception. For understanding what i mean just fill the shape with black and look at it. Your looks like a chainsaw or something like that. So, the weapon's shape is always greatly ergonomic, smart and makes danger impress. This don't look danger. Don't look attacking. You should imagine how it works. How you hold it, how put a trigger and how it fires. So, this one currently looks like plastic doll-gun from Saints Row.

Level 12
About execution. Try don't put hard on the pencil, use low touch smooth technique, that increases accuraty a lot. That is all i wanna tell about techs, cuz ur drawings for a moment is not drawings, is paper scratching.

About design. In my opinion you should always look a total signature and shape when making a conception. For understanding what i mean just fill the shape with black and look at it. Your looks like a chainsaw or something like that. So, the weapon's shape is always greatly ergonomic, smart and makes danger impress. This don't look danger. Don't look attacking. You should imagine how it works. How you hold it, how put a trigger and how it fires. So, this one currently looks like plastic doll-gun from Saints Row.

thanks for the suggestion

Level 28
The suggestions I would give have already been given out countless times, as you are still in that phase where any tutorial is useful. So just start with tutorials. We even have a thread about them here somewhere, let me try to find it for you...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/concept-art-fan-art-275/art-tutorials-books-etc-249578/

Try looking through these. A lot of great suggestions were gathered here by Hivers.

So that's regarding advice, regarding posting your work here, it's good that you care and actually took the time to compile your art and look for feedback! Wish I looked for feedback back then... But remember to not get pride with your paintings cuz, you might end up not progressing since you will be satisfied with the process. Just.. always look for something wrong, and you will usually find it. When you do, you will figure out a way to fix it. Think. Drawing is about thinking. It's not as "artistic" and "talenty stuff" as many people describe it to be. Requires lots of logic and understanding of real life. To better understand those stuff watch tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.