• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 - Boss Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
-

The Hostile Swamps

Game Play

Your task is to stop the envasion of the Revenants in this hostile swaps. Be strong in all your stats. Equip yourself with items that drops upon death of the neutral hostile units. There are hints in-game so you will not get lost.
I checked the number of players to conform with how powerful the final boss will be. The final boss has three phases where he becomes stronger in each phase.

If you have found the murloc encampment, you will be prompted the level of difficulty for murlocs only. Choose from easy to difficult levels. Have fun!!!

Game Commands

There are only few game commands:
1. -lvl to level up your hero
2. -mkills counts how many murlocs you have killed (activated if you have found the murloc encampment).
3. -uber calls up the strongest ally hero (for player 1 only).
4. -hint shows up a hint texts.
5. -endgame ends the game.

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some Notes

You can use the imported models in this map but you will have to give credits to me if you use them in your map. This will be my final entry My final entry will be v1.01 version 1.10 or might be updated soon.

Credits

Full credits go to SDRyoko for the creep revival I used in this map
Change Log

CHANGE LOG:

version 1.01
1. Adds some game commands
2. -uber command is disabled after 15 game time seconds.
3. timer after defeat is lengthen to 10 minutes.
4. Reset Life ability can now affect ally units.
version 1.10
Fixed some known bugs.

Attachments

• in-game_01.jpg
    in-game_01.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 3,835
  • in-game_02.jpg
    in-game_02.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,856
  • editor_5.jpg
    editor_5.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3,817
  • editor_6.jpg
    editor_6.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 3,841
  • Hostile Swamps.w3x
    362.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Hostile Swamps v1.01.w3x
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Hostile Swamps v1.10.w3x
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Do not post targa images take lot of space. Make it .jpg so i can dl it xD

EDIT:
Finally I have finished about 70% terrain. So I can start doing ai creeps. U can see on pictures that one part of map is outside and other in cave/castle.
How u get dipper in cave creeps are getting stronger. I will have at least 2 bosses and 3 mini bosses[elite] or more bosses less elite.
Map name will be Castle on the Chilling Lord. Omg I am so hoping to I will finish it on time xD. WISH ME BIG LUCK

Attachments

• Outside.JPG
    Outside.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 98
  • In Cave 1.JPG
    In Cave 1.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 137
  • In Cave 2.JPG
    In Cave 2.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Okey I willl add my thinking of all entries what I have seen/played:

@MaTiJa97
Very Good hero select, I am also thinking about hero select like this but without heir/cloak changing. U have a lot things to do

@Eubz
Really good Blizz like boss fight, perfect terrain with mini imports( that's most powerful point in your map). But somehow u should change mobs and add them custom spells and some cinematic to make it even better. And now is good but it can be much better. Try adding some short custom cinematic when attack main satyr or warning when boss cast some heavy spell. Also u should fix first and second spell of hero. The are to simple for contest.
EDIT: Also bonus for 5 players many of us are making only singleplayer

@Adarash
Small map 32x32, but epic. Minimum imports and unique phases, really good idea for boss phases. On the other hand controling 5 heroes in same time is to hard. I usually lose mage and warlock at start and when i lose priest will be defeat in few seconds. Make it two heroes. Priest and mountain king. Priest to heal and mk to take damage and dealt damage. Also add to mk spell taunt to make other attack him

@Aeroblactos
Your map size is huge better to tell epic. 256X256 Is to much. Also u lose some originality because u are using your main heroes from Chosen Once. And combination with wc3 and wow rip models somehow sux. So better use all wow or all wc3 models.
Like what I told using 3 heroes in same time is somehow extra hard. I do not how will be when finish but terrain also need a lot of fixing. I know to your map is early beta so I belive to u will fix it xD. About boss: He has very deadly spells and they come without warning so better give some warning and casting time for big bad ''green'' spell.

@Others - Testing Please w8

ME - Hammerfist132

I m new hero so I think to I can do something huge and epic in same time for short time. All what I have done is terrain and I think to it is good for now. Better is outside then in cave. I m using so much import and my map for now without unit imports has size of 1mb. I think to it will be at least 8 when I finish (if i)

@mckill2009

Unique what to tell else. Wake up my memories fro 8 years old kid xD. Btw how am I shooting and am I shooting? One think more because is short u can add game easy/normal/hard. Also pls remove 10 seconds for selecting plane, I was looking at planes and what was next restart, quit, reduce difficult. So pls at least make it 30 seconds. Of course you should work on moving planes and like numbers 9 7 1 . It's easy if u may do not know just ask xD. I have made it for my car system xD. Also may u have added but I do not know because I haven't kill any plane xD. To they drop some special weapons lets say. Heavy Shield (protect few fro some damage ), rocket fire, splash attack etc xD

This is all just my thinking and my suggestions, thank you
Will add more next day now I must work on my

Last edited:
Level 21
AEGAEUS
(Alpha v2)

With rumors of an ancient race resurrecting their storm god, Aegaeus, you venture downward into the depths of their dark citadel to stop them.

· 2D-Style Platformer View & Controls (Includes Jumping)
· Arrow Key Movement
· Momentum System (Affects Movement Speed/Jump Height)
· Projectile Blocking/Parrying System
· Simple F Key Attack/Skill Hotkeys
· Hotkey Combos to Unleash Devastating Attacks
· Eerie Dungeon Environment
· Multiboard Cooldown/HP/Resource Stock Display
· Preparation Shop (Before the Boss)
· Uniquely-Designed Items for Varied Purposes
· Mini-Boss
· Boss/Mini-Boss 'Cinematic' Intros
· Hidden Gold Stashes

Basic Actions
F1: Sword Attack
F2: Kick Attack (Moderate Cooldown)
F3: Bow (Low Damage Projectile; Long Cooldown)
F4: Fire Enchantment (Combos Only)
F5: Potion

Movement
Up Arrow: Jump
Right Arrow: Move Right
Left Arrow: Move Left
Double-Tap Right Arrow: Dash Right
Double-Tap Left Arrow: Dash Left
Down Arrow (Hold): Sneak/Duck

Combos
F1 + F2: Bladestorm (Full Circle Damage)
F4 + F1: Phoenix Blade (Sword Damage + Short Range Projectile)
F4 + F2: Explosive Kick (Very High Damage)
F4 + F3: Flame Arrow (Piercing)
Down Arrow + F2: Iron Shield (Item Must Be Purchased)

Currently Incomplete:
· Daggers (Don't Bother Buying)
· 4/6 Boss Skills Need Work (Only 2 Functional)
· Balancing (Prices/Damage)

Make sure your light quality is on high while playing this map.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    921.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.png
    4.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.png
    3.png
    843.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.png
    2.png
    635.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 1.png
    1.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 6.png
    6.png
    882.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Tickles-Aegaeus v2-Contest #7.w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 4
@HammerFist132 - sorry, but controlling 5 heroes is point of my map and i won't remove three of them... flamestrike wouldn't be so epic if you wouldn't have to run with so much heroes and it would completely ruin 3rd phase, which you probably haven't seen(10 minutes long with nearly no space for mistake) and phase 4 will be like "kill him before he kills all your heroes one by one" and that wouldn't be much of fun with only two heroes

@Adarash
Do u know how looks playing with 5 heroes in same time on quick game.
Slowly enter starts.......Next seconds omg flame strike all move next in 0.02 seconds pres F4 and heal mage fast pick all heroes and once more run away from flame strike .. next 0.02 seconds pres F4 heal warlock next 0.01 seconds cast shockwave with MK ... next 0.01 seconds cast thunder clap....next 0.01 seconds of shit mage down i lost to much time o fck. heal demon hunter shit lock is down.

MAN IT'S EASY TO U TO PLAY WITH 5 HEROES WHEN U HAVE MASTERED YOUR GAME. I have tried many strategies. All on one place, all splited but soon all die.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
@Adarash
Do u know how looks playing with 5 heroes in same time on quick game.
Slowly enter starts.......Next seconds omg flame strike all move next in 0.02 seconds pres F4 and heal mage fast pick all heroes and once more run away from flame strike .. next 0.02 seconds pres F4 heal warlock next 0.01 seconds cast shockwave with MK ... next 0.01 seconds cast thunder clap....next 0.01 seconds of ship mage down i lost to much time o fck. heal demon hunter shit lock is down.

MAN IT'S EASY TO U TO PLAY WITH 5 HEROES WHEN U HAVE MASTERED YOUR GAME. I have tried many strategies. All on one place, all splited but sonner or later all die

You can bind them to 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and bind them all together into 6? Problem?

I have tried and like that and it's even harder. Really try it and I will try it once more time

EDIT: Just finished, what to tell except not possible. I just give u advices and that's all I am just another user who wants to help u can trust me or not. For each entry I have tested map many times in almost all ways to play that's all

Level 37
Your map size is huge better to tell epic. 256X256 Is to much.

Because I'll eventually expand the game so I made it like that from the beginning. I don't see why I would lose points because of that because you can't even go there. What I see bad about it is that the loading time will take few second longer.

I do not how will be when finish but terrain also need a lot of fixing.

What is wrong?

I know to your map is early beta so I belive to u will fix it xD.

What I must fix? Just terrain?

About boss: He has very deadly spells and they come without warning so better give some warning and casting time for big bad ''green'' spell.

There are some animations and effects always before he does special things. It would look stupid and unrealistic if there are some "warning texts" before boss casts something.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Sry I do not understand that part

EDIT: About terrain, u know ...er... spires are somehow killing my eyes. I like spires but spires with underground textures somehow sux.

Well when you fight against the boss and then there is cinematic that "tells" that boss is going to cast something uber shit, you can not use your spells yourself because cinematic borders will block your inventory etc...

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
No no u do not understand me well. I do not think cinematic 100%, i do not think ''turn cinematic mode on'' I think just send transmission from Unit Xraveon name Xraveon text ''I relish power of darkness'' for 5 seconds.

Yeah exactly that blocks your vision to your menu and then you can not see when your spells are ready, and I think hotkeys does not help you neither...

Level 4
@Hammerfist132 - i will make easy mode just for you... and one advice: you simply can't run away from flamestrike when it hits 3+ heroes, because if it hits all your heroes and you will move them away all at once, they will all get hit again... just don't let them stand at one place at the beginning

@Eubz I have found one bug, sry no replay or screenshot. I was playing without cheats
and when I died from satyrs, location - one camp in front of ''key'' camp. I was born once more and when I came there was at lest 7 satyrs with spells mana burn
There are actually 9 of them in that place. I guess you have killed three of them before your hero is killed.

This is picture just to make it more clear. It's was 7-10 satyrs like this in red box. I have died come again and there was to many of them. 10 mana burn in same time oh dude. I have seen they were create when I have tried to retreat from main satyr camp (with satyr hellcaller)

Edit:Look Replay file and u will see. It's look like to when u kill skeleton he will me revived like satyr with mana burn for about 20 seconds

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Look Here it is.w3g
    13.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
@Remixer

Dude read little I have posted that bug few times and I know when it's happen: it's happening when u kill skeletons. I have all that in replay up

Edit: btw I will be few days afh ( away from hiveworkshop ) and on 23 may I should upload about 50% finished entry. That's all from me, try to relax from me, the boring creature xD

Status
Not open for further replies.