1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins is out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice

Shrine of Cenarius

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by X.e.r.e.X, Apr 19, 2008.

1. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Before I made this terrain I realized that I have been using older version of UTM. :xxd:
    Well here is the picture of my new terrain.

EDIT: Added updated picture now.
    EDIT2: Added another updated picture for Gilles.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Parkietje

Parkietje
    damn I like this, but the ground is too flat...

3. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Seriously what do you expect from the ground? Mountains in the road? I'm getting really pissed about this flat ground thing >_>

4. Parkietje

Parkietje
    just saying some hills would be nice... + you can see the end of the world

5. Bob27

Bob27
    Yea add some hills around the forest areas, and maybe try and add some small animals around the forest.

And btw, I like the moon in the background.

6. Oziris

Oziris
    I really like this end of world and some hills +animas and +rep!!

7. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Not sure about you post Oziris, but i understood it in that way that you were gonna give +rep.... But you didn't give me any +rep :eekani:

8. Parkietje

Parkietje
    Looks much better now, +rep

9. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Yeay finally made terrain that satisfies you, Parkietje!
    *crosses something from his to do list*

10. DungeonM

DungeonM
    There are times when you could see the "end of the world". In this case this could easily be atop a mountain/hill in which there would be nothing in the background except sky. And as Gilles said in another thread... there are flat places in this world.

I think both look really good and I'd almost lean more towards the first being the better one. Despite what they said I can see some slight height variation and that's really all you need. In nature you'll never find anything perfectly flat but that dosen't mean there won't be some spots.

11. tunerband

tunerband
    I think it look realy nice! :)

12. Gilles

Gilles
    The second is far superior. The road needs work IMO. That grass tile is the ugliest of them all. I would use a different one, or use grassy dirt on the road. Also it's a little too bumpy. Maybe a quick once over with the smooth tool.

13. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Meh.. I get always about the flatness of my pics and you want the road more flat lol

14. Nudl9

Nudl9
    Kind of like it, but the moonlight down on cenarius is pretty strange i think (if its not a blue lamp in the roof) because the moon is pretty far away and little.

15. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X
    Well if you have played WoW ever there is light coming from roof (doesn't have holes in it) at Uther's tomb so why not in here? Cause I think it's nothing against warcraft's world rules lol

16. Nudl9

Nudl9
    Hehe ye, but still try keep it somewhat realistic in a way.

17. Nindira

Nindira
    Custom trees looks nice, but they don't match with the green ground. However, you can mend this with plants. Some crazy plants. Ones that warp, maybe some thorns, try the UTM's ferns. Blow em up, change around the colors. It might add a lil something. An obeslisk or two. But I'm loving the gazebo shrine. Needs elves. Needs work!