• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SH v1.4 The Hunters

138114-albums6211-picture74582.jpg

Update 4 released

Map: The Hunters
Background story: The Hunters is a hunting preserve owned and operated by Terran Wildlife Services. The Infested want to infest the population and the Void Predators want to 'purify' the place by killing all the Terran and Infested forces. While the Bionics protect the Terran in exchange for food and water supplies.

138114-albums6211-picture73416.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture73093.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture73120.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72326.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72325.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72327.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72190.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72191.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture72192.jpg

138114-albums6211-picture69132.jpg

=========================================================
=========================================================

Starcraft Hybrids general information

This is a new take on the traditional Starcraft races. The three races have been replaced by three hybrid races. Includes AI variations to make playing against computer more interesting. Includes sounds/voices from Starcraft 1, except for the music but you can easily find the playlists of Starcraft 1 music on youtube (for the full experience ;D).

This has nothing to do with the Hybrids in Starcraft 2. The Hybrids have an other (/new) story which will later be explained through a custom campaign.

Important! Only choose between Human (/Bionic), Orc (/Infested) or Undead (/Void Predators) for both you and AI players. AI does not function as it should when it has its race as Night Elf (Warcraft 3 bug).

SH Gameplay video (map: The Hunters, from V1.2b so a bit outdated):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flasAvfGVco

* 3 new defensive/support buildings (1 for each race).
* The build time of Drones has been reduced from 9 to 7 to compensate for the worker lost when creating a building.
* Sunken- and Void Colonies now give supply too like non-upgraded Colonies.
* Shocker has a new ability: Blaster.
* Minions now have the Horror passive ability which decreases the combat effectiveness of nearby enemy ranged units.
* Top vs Bottom: the two expasion islands that are close to the starting locations of the players have been made a bit wider, so more room for structures.
* Top vs Bottom: center island (which a bit to the south) made a bit wider so it is easier to capture.
* Island Deluxe: improved terrain detail.
* The Hunters: fixed the victory conditions and defeat messages bug.

* Hotfix Top vs Bottom (8 september): added Xel'naga Tower to Top vs Bottom, 'resources at the player start locations are removed for players that are not playing' is now properly working.
* Hotfix for Island Deluxe and Top vs Bottom (2 september): fixed the victory conditions and defeat messages

* New island map for SH. More maps will come.
* Improved AI, more expanding and with a better economy. The AI variation that focusses on 'air' has been remade.
* Added terrain bonuses system.
* Option for player 1 to choose between easy, normal and insane AI.
* Option for player 1 to disable superweapons.
* New siege unit for Void Predators added: the Shocker.
* Some terrain improvements.
* Fixed Templar of the Void's and Spectral Archon's food cost (they were very high for some reason).
* Drones are now trained faster (from 12 to 9) compared to other workers to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Void Predators buildings' mineral cost reduced to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Rebuild improved alot, from 75 hp restore to 200 hp restore.
* Reaper faster movement (+30), weaker Sythe attack ability (from 40% to 30%).
* Broodlings have gained the Reflecting Carapace ability, rendering them immune to all effects.
* Void Walker now has Weaker Gravity Pull instead of the Templar of the Void (the Templar could not auto-cast it properly cause it is invisble).
* Dreadnought's area damage reduced.
* Increased the range of Dark Stream so it matches the range of the Darkling.
* Into the Void has a longer duration and improved effect.
* Voidwalk has a longer duration (from 20 to 30 seconds).
* Swarm Nest (from Mephit) damage increased from 4 to 6.
* Call Forces area of effect reduced from 250 to 200.
* Killing a neutral unit (e.g. an unit that is effected by the Chaos spell) won't give bounty anymore.
* Void Accumulator now has a proper birth animation.
* Enfeeblement Aura buff graphics changed, less noisy.
* Grim Ward less noisy.
* Buff for Nanobots fixed.

* camera zoom function (done)
* Plague Nuke destroys minerals (done/fixed)
* Infested Nuke Silo requirements fix (done)
* Dark Force -> Void Predators (done)
* Void Predators AI ability to expand improved (done)
* Darkstream more damage (done, 25% faster and damage from 4 to 6)
* Energy mass bigger and bigger area (done, +0,3 scale and +30 aoe)
* Bionic Marines Mark Target too strong effect (done, from -5 to -4)
* Darklings keep "tilting" when they move for some reason (done I think, slowed walk/run animation)
* Nightskin Ultralisk's tooltip didn't changed. (done/fixed)
* Undead at the lobby when you create a game still didn't changed (done/fixed)
* 1 Nightskin Ultralisk can kill a horde of zombies in 1 charge, coz 100 hp vs 100 damage. (done, now 80 damage)
* Hellflury Mech has melee combat sounds (done, removed weapon bash sound)
* Swarm Nest from mephits were useless. give them higher hp or something (done, +40 hp)
* Mephit's Swarm Nest ability creates the egg before the projectile even landed. (done/fixed)
* Templar of the Void's invisibility upgrade requirement (done/)
* Call Forces aoe reduced (done, from 300 to 250)
* buff for the Cavern of Void's mana regeneration aura (done)

* Added a whole new hybrid race (Dark Force) with new AI (next update will give new AI to Bionic and Infested too)
* Superweapons! (AI builds and uses it too)
* The Bionic and Infested gained lots of new abilities and upgrades + longer tech tree
* Fatal error bug fixed
* Redone hotkey system, based off position icon on inteface now.
* Many abilities now cost mana instead of only having a cooldown (the cooldown is lowered though to let the abilities stay usefull).
* New worker abilities and upgrades, also different for each race now.
* Improved AI vs enemy towers
* Fixed bug that Abomination Fear ability also effects buildings.
* Fixed defeat messages about Neutral Victim.
* Fixed some repair times of various structures. Towers can be repaired a little faster.
* Fixed repair costs of Infested Worker and SCR (Bionic worker) so no more high gas costs for repairing them.
* Hellflurry Mech's have 30 hit points less and their second attacks only attacks air units now
* AI Dreadnought Hangar Bay ability has been nerved to compensate for full control for AI over Interceptors.
* Dreadnought's attack range reduced from 740 to 670
* Bacterian health increased from 35 to 50, stronger against Dreadnoughts
* Spore Turret has an improved Spores ability that also reduces the target's attack speed
* Aurochs now have 4 tranport slots instead of 3
* Broodmothers now have 8 tranport slots instead of 6
* Broodmother population cost decreased from 4 to 3
* Tier 2 ground-troop production buildings (Bionic Core, Plagued Enlargement and Cavern of Void) build time increased from 60 to 75.

* New Starcraft 1 terrain tiles (by Stryderzero)
* Gas is mined faster, from +3 to +4
* Mineral mining is changed a bit, mining goes slower but workers can carry a bit more.
* Removed 1 mineral from starting positions. It is now more important to expand for minerals.
* Upgrade length is reduced by 33% except for general damage and armor upgrades
* Radiating Core (from Nucleair Pylon) damage reduced from 10 to 6
* Flesh Bomb shorter duration (from 30 to 20 seconds)
* Fixed Infested armor upgrade used for Infested Worker
* Fixed repair times for mechanical units
* Phantom's invisibility ability improved alot but damage reduced a bit
* Dreadnoughts (Bionic huge ship) aoe damage is reduced (from 70/40 to 35/20) and attack range is decreased a little bit
* Spitters (Infested long-range flyers) attack speed decreased, from 1.00 cooldown to 1.25
* The upgrades Electronic Pulse Attack and Salvage (for workers) are cheaper and length is reduced by ~40%.
* New armor icon

There are three playable races:
The Bionics - a combination of Terran and Protoss forces
The Infested - a merge between zergs and infested Terrans
The Void Predators - a merg between Zerg and Protoss

Features:
- Play with one of the three Hybrids races. Each race featuring an arsenal of new and unique units and structures.
- The focus is more on strategy than micro managment, like in Starcraft 1. Many abilities can be auto-cast or are passives, allowing you to focus on other important things. Also terrain bonuses. However there are still some units for you who like lots of micro management.
- The all new units and buildings enable entirely new defensive and offensive strategies.
- Many custom resources and Starcraft 1 sounds (even voices) have been used to give it that starcraft feeling, while staying under 8mb! So you can still play the map on battlenet and lan.

Not protected:
This map is not protected, you can modify, take things from it and hopefully learn from it. Do as you like.

Credit list (resources):

Blizzard for interface skin, tiles and images
Starcraft Interface Package by unwirklich
Starcraft tiles for Warcraft 3 made by Stryderzero
Urban Environment Pack Pt. 1 by Illidan(Evil)X and xXm0rpH3usXx

Protohydralisk By Afronight_76
The SC2 Marine By GhostThruster
Onslaught by Callahan
Goliath by Max666
Stalker by Fingolfin
RA2 YR Mastermind Tank By Misha
Probe by killst4r
SCV Final by killst4r
ZombieA.blp By Kazzo
Marine by Hellish Hybrid
F.R.E.D. By Thrikodius
ThunderLizardVizier.blp By FrIkY
Ocula by -Grendel
MountainGiant.blp by halo
Snipe Target Green by Tranquil
Brilliance by JetFangInferno
Protoss and Terran building icons by Frankster
Fusion Cannon by Thrikodius
Flamethrower Turret by The_Silent
Alien RepairDrone by Texture By M0rbid [Amigurumi]
Zerg Scourge by Kimberly
Demon Treant by Iyzz_Fryzz
orb_big03 by EdwardSwolenToe
Brilliance by JetFangInferno
Wraith by killst4r
Stargate by killst4r
Phoenix_Missile by JetFangInferno
Konstrukt_SubmachinegunMissile by Talon the Mage
LaserRay by Ergius
Cracked Cliff by Felz_09
Drone by Markus3832
Protoss Dark Templar by Norinrad
Zerg Lurker by Cavman
Mutalisk by Kimberly
Reaper by Gottfrei
Ultra by killst4r
SpawnOverlord anim by killst4r
Zerg buildings by ?? (pm me if you know)
SoulArmor by JesusHipster
RejuvenationTarget by Metal_Sonic
Arcane Explosion By Champara Bros
Bonestrike by Callahan
MagicShield by JesusHipster
Astral Imprisonment by exfyre
Stomp by nGy
ToxicField by UgoUgo
CloudOfFog by Callahan
FirstAid by Em!
Nebula by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Nuclear Explosion (no missile) by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
WC3 - UnitFX - Black Hole07 by Carrington2k
SkulborbByZerox by Zerox
Reach Trees (Red) by Fingolfin
Reach Trees small by Fingolfin

Special thanks to GhostThruster for portrait edits and loading screen.
And to Hiveworkshop members that gave me feedback!

Keywords:
starcraft, hybrid, hybrids, rts, protoss, zerg, terran, macro, ai, spectre, infested, bionic
Contents

SH v1.4 The Hunters (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet20:44, 9th May 2013 Map Approved Starcraft Hybrids (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 17
A hosting bots for SH sounds nice :D. I never looked into it for warcraft 3. I will have to check though if I am still blocked on battle-net (probably something that I and my brother played SH with the same version / key).

As soon as you see the score-screen (e.g. after the map is won or lost or you quite the map), there is a button that says save replay. You can watch replays from the main menu (under Single Player or whatever it is called, before you can click campaign or custom game etc.).

Level 7
As soon as you see the score-screen (e.g. after the map is won or lost or you quite the map), there is a button that says save replay. You can watch replays from the main menu (under Single Player or whatever it is called, before you can click campaign or custom game etc.).

Oh, after playing 12 years Warcraft 3, this is the first time, thats somebody tell me, thats exist replays? O__O. mhh, why the sarcasm-code doesnt work?

I talked about a Replaydatabase at a website or something like this to watch great games. But not from the normal meleegames or Dota. Specially for custom games like risk, altered melee, Heroarenas and other stuff. Find nohing with google.

Level 17
I found your question a bit weird :p, since you only mentioned replaybase (not on a website or something like that). Makes more sense now.
On googling I found one for custom games but is looks a bit dead and maybe it is only for (clan)members:

-> http://s1.zetaboards.com/PeID/forum/590855/

All the big ones are indeed for tournaments etc.

You Sir! Making this map open source, interesting and FUN! I hereby salute you!
(I've always dream of a full SC2/SC1 conversation to be on wc3!)
*Salute*
But.. I have some questions xD
I've tried editing your map to make it more micro-manageable, and slightly balance the game.. but is it okay if I share your map here and other place? (Sure I would be giving you credits on the big screen xD.. I mean.. WHY NOT!?)

Level 17
You Sir! Making this map open source, interesting and FUN! I hereby salute you!
(I've always dream of a full SC2/SC1 conversation to be on wc3!)
*Salute*
But.. I have some questions xD
I've tried editing your map to make it more micro-manageable, and slightly balance the game.. but is it okay if I share your map here and other place? (Sure I would be giving you credits on the big screen xD.. I mean.. WHY NOT!?)
, thanks for the kind words! Sure you can distribute the map, just a few conditions;
- as you said on a big screen :grin:
- don't start the map name with SH or Starcraft Hybrids (to prevent confusion cause I want to upload a series of SH maps/campaign), you may end the map name with it ofcourse.
- a link, I am curious to see what you added ;).

The democampaign "Starcraft VS Warcraft" is a absolute must have.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-vs-starcraft
, I should try that one too.

Level 17
We played a match yesterday with 3 normal AI. Whenever you cast a superweapon at a point, the AIs will cast too, which is pretty imba.
Also btw, it is hard to wall-ins in such a large entrance. Is there going to be a new map design soon?
, the way how the AI casts the superweapons is actually just default AI :p (/there are no triggers to let the AI use the superweapons). Now to makes things weird, the ability of the superweaponbuilding is based on Dark Portal. That means that the AI would normally use Dark Portal on enemy workers most of the time. I find that quite funny xD. Anyway the AI can only (just like human players) use a superweapon if the building's mana is 300. So either this is coincidence or they just saved their superweapon for later (/till you or something else triggered them).

I agree with the map terrain getting boring. I need to finish AI for droppings (still got a problem with that -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/how-order-just-unloaded-units-239293/) and some work for the new AI still needs to be done. Oh and a new siege unit for the Void Predators needs to be finished. All in all I don't think this will take long, but the dropping problem is annoying.

forgot to rate your map, 5/5 :)
good work dude
, thanks for rating! +rep

Level 17
Well I want to remake one island map that I made for Starcraft 1 too. Aside from that, I have not really decided yet and I am all ears for ideas :).

I cannot promise that I will make every map terrain suggested here myself but feel free to take this map after the next update (that would be V1.3) is released and replace the terrain & send it to me so I can upload it (with given credits to you than ofcourse). And I will import the right Starcraft 1 tileset textures (by StryderZero), e.g. lava or dirt etc.

Level 17
The anims look nice, it looks a bit cartoony :p (or is that just the picture?). I will have a look at it and see if I can make something fitting of the texture & filesize. tnx

The model's filesize is big and I cannot optimize it (tried several times, several ways, breaks the model and generally I am pretty good at this). It also too cartoony in general for the map. It does look good, I can give it that.

Last edited:
Level 17
Starcraft Day-Z? Haha, that's the first thing I imagine when I saw that xD
, haha since they are zombies with Infested in the map in not even that far-fetched xD

The ! give a armoraura or Missingchance inside this Walls. Correctly?
, bingo! A few points (e.g. thick forests) in the map(s) will have terrain bonuses where non-huge ground units at the point will get an armor bonus. It is a bit of an extra to hold some areas against enemies.

Level 17
The island map will be uploaded later. I am having some problems with the AI. Till than, enjoy this one where the new AI does work properly ;).

* New island map for SH. More maps will come.
* Improved AI, more expanding and with a better economy. The AI variation that focusses on 'air' has been remade.
* Added terrain bonuses system.
* Option for player 1 to choose between easy, normal and insane AI.
* Option for player 1 to disable superweapons.
* New siege unit for Void Predators added: the Shocker.
* Some terrain improvements.
* Fixed Templar of the Void's and Spectral Archon's food cost (they were very high for some reason).
* Drones are now trained faster (from 12 to 9) compared to other workers to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Void Predators buildings' mineral cost reduced to compensate for the Drone lost when creating a building.
* Rebuild improved alot, from 75 hp restore to 200 hp restore.
* Reaper faster movement (+30), weaker Sythe attack ability (from 40% to 30%).
* Broodlings have gained the Reflecting Carapace ability, rendering them immune to all effects.
* Void Walker now has Weaker Gravity Pull instead of the Templar of the Void (the Templar could not auto-cast it properly cause it is invisble).
* Dreadnought's area damage reduced.
* Increased the range of Dark Stream so it matches the range of the Darkling.
* Into the Void has a longer duration and improved effect.
* Voidwalk has a longer duration (from 20 to 30 seconds).
* Swarm Nest (from Mephit) damage increased from 4 to 6.
* Call Forces area of effect reduced from 250 to 200.
* Killing a neutral unit (e.g. an unit that is effected by the Chaos spell) won't give bounty anymore.
* Void Accumulator now has a proper birth animation.
* Enfeeblement Aura buff graphics changed, less noisy.
* Grim Ward less noisy.
* Buff for Nanobots fixed.

Level 7
Nice models for the Shocker. But the abilitys are not very innovativ. Give 3,5/5 for the new unit. :p
Also the trees schould get give strategic abilitys, too.

BTW, have player 2 the option to vote AI-Level and pro/contra Superweapons, when player 1 is closed or computer?

And I see this in the Loadscreen:
This is a new take on the traditional Starcraft races. The three races have been replaced by two hybrid races.

Its 3 or I can not count.

Last edited:
Level 17
Nice models for the Shocker. But the abilitys are not very innovativ. Give 3,5/5 for the new unit. :p
Also the trees schould get give strategic abilitys, too.

BTW, have play 2 the option to vote AI-Level and pro/contra Superweapons, when player 1 is closed or computer?

And I see this in the Loadscreen:

Its 3 or I can not count.
, I can give it some extra abilities :p. A voting option sounds like a good idea indeed :). And the type will be fixed :wink:.

ps: insane AI is not yet insane at the moment, now it has only lots of resources. I will give them a few more bonuses later on.

Level 7
You can do maps like Lost Temple. But its not good, when you JUST make maps with natural, choke and more. Blizzard has doing NOTHING else with sc2 after release. But I think you didnt do this. BTW I can try to make some maps with SH.

Du kannst es wie Lost Temple machen, allerdings wäre es blöd, wenn du dann NUR noch maps mit natural, choke und so machst. Blizzard hat bei sc2 NICHTS anderes seit release gemacht. Aber mal ganz ehrlich, ich glaube, dass du sowas nicht machen würdest. BTW ich kann ja auch mal so nebenbei versuchen, paar gut gestyle maps mit SH zu kreieren.

Level 17
Ah I understand you know I think :D. I will try to make the map unique. By the way, the worst english ever was/is from Babelfish :p.

Yeah cool if you can make a map for SH. With what tileset do you want to work with (e.g. Lava, Space-like, Desert, or Dirt/Grass like from this map)? I can import other tileset textures if you want.

ps: finally managed to get Island Deluxe map stable and working. It is not exactly an island map anymore since the bigger islands are connected to the center of the map through waygates (to let the AI function properly) but it still favors air armies & droppings :). Going to upload it now.

-edit, link to new SH map Island Deluxe http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/sh-v1-3-island-deluxe-240076/

Last edited:
Level 17
hmm seems legit xD
, you bet ;)

Can you please add custom music because the standard music of warcraft sucks
, as UndeadImmortal points out I can safely say it is impossible to add custom music while keeping the filesize below 8mb (higher than that and maps cannot be played on battle-net & iirc also cannot be played on netwerk/lan, excluding through things like Hamachi). That said, later when I will make a campaign I am not limited by filesize (since it is singleplayer only) and so for a campaign I will certaintly add custom music. At the moment I am very busy with my education so campaign will come later.

ps: when I play SH i just open youtube select e.g. Starcraft 1 soundtrack playlist or something else fitting. This Starcraft playlist is perfect :fp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCFnt__7lmc&list=PL06FEBF5BD761D56B (hooray for no commercials)

Level 7
I have play the first 1vs1 now and me and my mate have the same opinion. Void Pretators are to underpowered at least in earlgame.

And the disabled supplysuport by sunkens etc. are shitty.

Attachments

• Infested Terrans VS Void Predators Imba.w3g
    41.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Bionics IMBa 1vs1.w3g
    88.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 17
I have play the first 1vs1 now and me and my mate have the same opinion. Void Pretators are to underpowered at least in earlgame.

And the disabled supplysuport by sunkens etc. are shitty.
, I never actually play 1vs1 so it was interesting to see how the balance is (lacking in this case) between the races in small games. I must say though that his defence was shitty (sry TaShadan :p).

But yeah although I buffed it especially in v1.3, void predators are still underpowered. I will buff them and probably just let sunkens and void colonies give food.
Next to some new extra's for all 3 races I am working on for the next update :).