1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

SeaWarlord.blp

Submitted by Just_Spectating
Other Paths
units\Creeps\SeaGiantGreen\SeaGiantGreen.blp

Skin made for the Texturing Contest 21
Credits still go to my acctname: koondad
doesn't really matter

it's been a while since i made anything, so it was refreshing
Low Quality version: Compressed Version

Additional Samples
[​IMG][​IMG]

Addition to this skin: GreatShark

Keywords:
Sea, Giant, SeaGiant, Warlord, SeaWarlord, boss, war, lord, captain, hero, razortooth, redbeard
Contents

Sea Warlord (Texture)

1. 02:38, 8th Dec 2011
    shiiK: I'll just assume this works in-game (so if anyone discovers otherwise, let me know), I usually test models in-game to make sure - or wait for another moderator -, but this one has been pending long enough.

Detailed Review

2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating
    Compressed Version

Low Quality version for kb-saving whores

Attached Files:

3. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

2D Art Moderator

Nice ! I give him a 4.5\5 ! ;)

4. Orcnet

Orcnet
    highly recommended dammit!

5. shiiK

shiiK
    Detailed Review
    As far as concept go, it doesn't really look a lot like a sea giant any longer. It's more of a sunken ruins (as in the tileset) golem. Although it packs a warlord feeling, it seems more like some outer force has given him things they can't make themselves - particularly the teal lights on the metal pieces as well as the eyes.

Otherwise, it's a little bit too colourful, a few too many colours have too much saturation. I've personally come to the conclusion that any WC3 unit is best represented with only one strongly saturated colour. If that colour is a primary colour, I like to dampen the team-colour to avoid too much of a clash. You have green, blue, orange and purple in fairly high saturation, making it look very colourful. The grey metal also contributes to this problem by not being saturated.

I'd suggest you go for a seagreen colour for the skin, so that it matches the sea giants better while still maintaining the contrast you get from the blue lights. Then I'd probably make the blue lights a dim orange and make the metal ornaments like the rock armour. Apply the seagreen to the face fins as well. This will give you a less colourful appearance, it will look more like a Sea Giant, and it will still be a warlord.

Anyway, that's just my idea, and I'm by no means more correct than anyone else. I've just been doing this for a very long time and I think this would be better, although probably be less original. If you want to keep the orange skin, I would make the armour contrast the skin and still get rid of the metal parts and lights. Metal armour and rock armour in the same skin doesn't really fit.

Finally, I just needed to add some praise in the end, because the execution is very well done, and the shading is fairly appropriate for WC3. The level of detail is just where it should be as well, and it wraps smoothly from what I can tell by the previews.

6. Cakedog345

Cakedog345
    Good job!
    (Although, it would not hurt to try a different color scheme.)

7. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn
    the best skin i ever saw in my Wc3 life

8. clockwork2

clockwork2
    wow....do all sea giants have giant uncleaned or shaven beards??

9. Suslikas

Suslikas
    Nice job. But you could make it more original.

10. Deathshine

Deathshine
    lol its okay, 4/5

11. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe
    This is a great skin and some fantastic art work. It's too bad we still have to suffer the in-game quality decrease that is inevitable with WC3. Regardless, this looks fantastic. I like the stone armor.

12. APproject

APproject
    Looks great, but the shark on the back bind it to sea which is a rare need. Would be cool if shark was some kind of stone / gold color accesory, so it would be great skin for various maps and not *sunken* ones only.

13. Heinvers

Heinvers

2D Art Moderator

That's just wow! I like that stoneish look>)