• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
.. then you should take a look on her. ;F

mb2qdx.jpg

» inWc.de Project

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
This makes me vary jealous of those models and that i don't have studios max anyhow vary nice so far.

Level 11
Armourset preview

Time to feed you some stuff, folks. I spended the last days to make the first itemset. It's the "Imperial Plate"-set. A complete armourset contains headgear, shoulderpads, chestpiece, bracers, belt, pants and footgear. The sword is a twohanded claymore. The screenshots appear a little bit unsharp. thats the result of zooming in from taking ingame schreenshots. And to ask some frequently asked question right now:

Will my gear be visible when equipped?

Yes you can equipt single items and yes they are shown on your hero.

Will there be setbonuses or something like that?

Yes there will be setbonuses when wearing more than one piece of a set. Those bonuses can increase/lower a attribute, give a bonus to a skill or enable a unique ability.

Will thre be only itemsets or single items as well?

In the real game there will be both kind of items, setitems and nonsetitems. By that fact you are free to choose the perfect gear for you characterbuild.

C&C are welcome

Thy

Attachments

• ImperialPlateArmour01.jpg
    ImperialPlateArmour01.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 212
  • ImperialPlateArmour02.jpg
    ImperialPlateArmour02.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 248
  • ImperialPlateArmour03.jpg
    ImperialPlateArmour03.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Level 11
My intension was to create a set that turns out powerfull and represents the appearence of the empire of free humans. As colortheme I chose lightgrey/metallic/silver in combination with golden borders. The soldiers and guards of the empire will wear this set. That doesn't mean, that you can get this set. But how and what to do... that part you'll have to discover by yourself.

Level 11
Imperial Plate set update

Some new screens of the Imperial Plate set. In the second picture you can see the changes between the old(left) and the new(right) female version.

C&C are welcome!

Thy

Attachments

• ImperialPlateArmourPreview04.jpg
    ImperialPlateArmourPreview04.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 244
  • FemaleImperialPlateArmour04.jpg
    FemaleImperialPlateArmour04.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 238
Level 2
That armor looks awesome! nice work. just wondering, in the game will you be able to select both male and female characters? and will there be different races, or just human? (sorry if these have been asked before, i have a bad internet connection and it would take days to read all of the questions asked)

Level 11
That armor looks awesome! nice work. just wondering, in the game will you be able to select both male and female characters? and will there be different races, or just human? (sorry if these have been asked before, i have a bad internet connection and it would take days to read all of the questions asked)

Yes, you can chose male or female. Further you'll be able to chose out of 3 different faces and 10 different hairstyles per gender. And yes, for there will be only humans as playable race.

Level 2
sweet.
another thing, will there be a class that you choose when you start a new game or will it be like Morrowind (haven't played Oblivion, guessing that its the same thing) leveling system? (where, for example, using a sword will increase your skill with swords) and if your going with classes, will you need to be a specific class/level/know a certain skill to use armor and/or weapons?

Level 21
Oblivion doesn't have classes, just races.
I cannot get past that skeletons pit in the tutorial in Oblivion. :xxd:

By the way, the character looks like an Imperial, but he's not-so-nomad.
Oh and yes, weapons are going to have skills and of course he will have requirements.

He mentioned that many times.

Level 11
Not the right place, but nevertheless I will explain it once again. The character development will be non class specific. But I had a nice idea about the talentssystem. Until now there were 6 different talenttrees, two for each attribut(str, agi, int). But in the newer version there will be more attributes like spirit and charisma. The talenttrees will be redone in that way, that there are trees that are filled up with a group of skills. Those trees will be named like f.e. Ranger or Cleric. In the Ranger tree you'll find rangecombat skills and in the cleric heal and support ones. But you are not restricted to take only talents out of the same tree. So you can build your own hybridclasses like a combination of mages and warrior to form a battlemage etc. Each tree will have different tiers and requierments. That means you have to spend an amount of points to be able to learn skills of the next upper tier. Talentpoints will be given when your hero gains a level. All thoses trees will be fully animated in a full screen UI.

Level 30
uuuurgh, don't get me started about faces! It took me forever to get the face on my wizard model right :p

I'd suggest lowering the eyes a fraction, and repositioning the iris' because right now, he looks like his eyes are pointing in different directions a little bit :D perhaps make them a little more defined as well :)

That said, the model looks of outstanding quality :) Excellent work so far!

Last edited:
Level 11
Preview of the new Interface

Hi folks,

many days have past since the last screenshots. I hope you like the new look and the custom UI. In the talentscreen most of the icons are placeholders, same for the items in the inventoryscreen.

In the inventoryscreen you can see the detailed tooltip that provides information about your items. All important buttons and elemens have such a tooltip too. Like you can see int he charinfoscreen or the talentscreen.

C&C are welcome

Thy

EDIT: The white line in the charinfoscreen is a result of the downsizing of the pic and the numbers for spent talentpoints in the talentscreen just seem out of place.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 227
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 208
Level 8
I think the UI looks kinda unfinished. You better add more visible outlines cuz right now it just seems like some WiP... else the concept is nice :)

Level 8
Level 15
Hi folks,

many days have past since the last screenshots. I hope you like the new look and the custom UI. In the talentscreen most of the icons are placeholders, same for the items in the inventoryscreen.

In the inventoryscreen you can see the detailed tooltip that provides information about your items. All important buttons and elemens have such a tooltip too. Like you can see int he charinfoscreen or the talentscreen.

C&C are welcome

Thy

EDIT: The white line in the charinfoscreen is a result of the downsizing of the pic and the numbers for spent talentpoints in the talentscreen just seem out of place.

Epic stuff. You REALLY fixed up Hank! He looks way better than now than he did before. The thing I think you should put in is a changeable camera distance from the character, because I think it's a little too far away. Also, is it possible to change your character's name during character creation?

Level 14
Epic stuff. You REALLY fixed up Hank! He looks way better than now than he did before. The thing I think you should put in is a changeable camera distance from the character, because I think it's a little too far away. Also, is it possible to change your character's name during character creation?

The camera will be diffrent, that's the default camera of DGUI.

@ the extra inventory belt in
actionbarwip2.jpg

have you worked out all the kinks?
how do you get it to follow the screen? (is it smooth, sumarize)
does it require a camera lock on your hero? (looks like it)
I asume it can hold items, although i havnt seen items on it?
do items have proper scroll over text?
may items still be picked up, if regular 6 slots are full (easy to solve if you use tomes/runes)
may items be used from this belt?

Even with a character lock I dont know how smooth the movement could be...

Level 14
@ the extra inventory belt in
actionbarwip2.jpg

have you worked out all the kinks?
how do you get it to follow the screen? (is it smooth, sumarize)
does it require a camera lock on your hero? (looks like it)
I asume it can hold items, although i havnt seen items on it?
do items have proper scroll over text?
may items still be picked up, if regular 6 slots are full (easy to solve if you use tomes/runes)
may items be used from this belt?

Even with a character lock I dont know how smooth the movement could be...

Feel free to try how smooth the action bar will be on screen http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102351

edit: Oh and just so you know, that pic is old and outdated and that is not a inventory.

Level 17
Omg :O
This looks amazing! :D

Any idea of when we get a open beta? I dont really care if there is yet no gameplay and such in the map, what i really want is to see the functionality on everything and see how smooth it all works :p
I remember looking at this ages ago, and damn, it looks much much better since i saw it last time i have to say! :D

Keep it up, or else...! :D

Level 11
Thanks for the kind words.

For now I got exams in the beginning of february, so not really much sparetime. So you surely understand I can't give out a date for the playable demo. But after the the exams I got 2-3 months freetime, so the work will be continued :)