1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

SC2 Patch 1.4.3

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Rui, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rui

Rui

My apologies for interrupting the monthly batch euphoria, but patch 1.4.3 has just been released for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

I sometimes like to read the discussions going on on us.battlenet/sc2 (read only, because people on Europe can't comment there <_<) and I caught a discussion about Phoenixes. The problem was Phoenixes being ineffective after a while, and I was in complete agreement: you can't, in fact, get close to a chunk of mutalisks without getting at least one of your phoenixes shot down. As usual, though, the thread starter made its point, then a few in-agreement replies followed, and then the haters started to hate. Amidst the many pages, one guy -- I'm not even sure what his league was anymore -- humbly said «give the Phoenix an upgrade at the Fleet Beacon that increases its range». The reply went apparently unnoticed by other users, but I was glad someone actually saved the day.

While I don't understand what's with the Ghost losing to his already nearly-useless Snipe ability, Blizzard is, apparently, of the same opinion of the above mentioned poster, because Protoss players can now develop Anion Pulse-Crystals, which give Phoenixes +2 range! Cheers! :smile:

Enjoy!

StarCraft II 1.4.3 Patch Notes:

2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    I don't care about some +2 range with which wins or losses vs toss will be the same and caused by the same thing with having some phoenixes to add instead of casters or both but toss is too gay late game and nothing changes it.

Sniping is kind of mostly for templars and infestors but come on.. it was such a good thing against Broodlords, it requires energy and lots of shots to kill anyway, not to say Ghosts are expensive enough if you lose them, that change sucks. -- Also this has to be the last nerf since Ghost nerf reached the bottom of acceptable nerf.

For minerals it's fine and fair, in most of the time other bases are on normal minerals not rich.

This time you're faster than some other sites.

3. Rui

Rui
    Just tested out the new upgrade in a large team game. I owned so many Mutalisks. NOW Phoenixes are actually worth it. =)

4. rcshaggy

rcshaggy
    Another patch I see? Well time to upgrade my Starcraft II again.

5. Skycraft

Skycraft
    It's okay for interrupting the monthly batch, it was in January.
    It's now the 23rd of February (I'm in Australia).
    He was late. Far too late.

6. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur
    Yeah, I also feel that the change was made to counter Mutalisk as Toss had nothing truly reliable vs end-game Muta.

7. Xian

Xian
    "Fixed an issue which was causing some players with a full version of SC2 to be stuck in Starter Edition."

ZOMG Thank you blizzard!

Edit: Seems like the Blizz team has been working on Leaderboards lately,there were 3 patch updates on that leaderboard system.

8. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    ^ Oh wow I didn't notice that fix was done. But I told you, I had this when I opened a campaign map it saves a Bank on your Documents\StarcraftII\Bank and from having this bank it prevents you to test anything as it gives you 'Starter edition' but deleting that bank fixed it. Oh well, now you dont have to do even that.

9. Deolrin

Deolrin
    I'm so glad that the drop bug was fixed. Just tried out a few Mafia games. I've been waiting in lobby for quite some time, and no one dropped out! Aweseome stuff. ^^

Also, the new upgrade has a cool icon. Too bad nothing was done to void rays, I liked spamming them in the past. :(

10. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy
    I love the replay updates a lot, including more information.

And finally, Snipe can't counter an entire race, which used to be OP before...

11. WOWWARS

WOWWARS
    Still no Updates for editor, damn you blizzard you leave us to quit gaming alltogether like really no good maps, no unique maps yet all of them Warcraft 3 & sc1 related somewhat, but thanks for the patch:{)

12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    Situation Report

I really liked the traditional APM since war3, it was the same unreasonable as removing losses for anyone that actually plays ladder. I grew with it since 2004 ala War3.. Awesome blizzard good choice for both sides, thank you!

13. Berb

Berb
    Terran got nerfed again -.-

Because just nerfing EMP on Ghosts wasn't enough, they had to also nerf Snipe. Not to mention they still cost a retarded amount of minerals and vespene to make. The High Templar equivalent is much cheaper and they can be spammed into existence via Warp Gates.

I really don't see the point in playing Terran - they have a huge disadvantage from the other races. Their units are half as strong as any other race' units and they only keep getting weaker. I can play Protoss and do twice as well as most Terran games by producing nothing but Stalkers. Why haven't Stalkers been nerfed yet...

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    ^ It's just that toss is too strong late game, you have to be too aggressive to never allow him to get advantage. In late vs Zerg is the same, but at least counterable more. But indeed, whoever says it is EZ to play Terran especially after all these, is talking bs.

T still wins on tournaments as long as there isn't protoss, there arent many top Korean tosses that's why ppl don't see them much often. And I have to agree T had enough nerfs in a while- Mules, ghost, everything that others wanted. Ah yes I've seen 'nerf Marauder' cause you "can't" produce enough chargelots xD xD

15. Rui

Rui
    They should have considered that the Ghost becomes completely obsolete in TvT. I used to train one or two early game and snipe a lot of those Marines; if they're kept alive they can be cost-worthy, but yeah, requiring two snipes to kill a Marine and five to kill a Marauder... =\ next one going down is the nuke.

16. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    Who cares about TvT Ghost, gg hellions flame = good old marine tank 1 hr games.. I used hellions as an addition against too many zealots, they nerfed blue flame, now you can't even snipe Templars properly always has to use Moebius Reactor. Then again maybe it's that observer than allows him to feedback before I snipe.