• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of Deathsong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Why yes, I'm focusing more on the story than the gameplay itself, although I'm trying to add some features that will make the experience a little bit more "realistic"... What they are will remain secret xD

About the terrain, I'm trying as best as I can to make a pleasant terrain, but I'm not very good at it imo, so in the end I might get a terrainer to give it a final touch... Still, I'll try my best!! :D

Level 6
Alright fellows, chapter 1 is live for public testing! The cinematics are a bit bugged and kinda bad, but that's something I'll work on later... For now, I want to know bugs, suggestions, evaluations, all sort of feedback you can give!

You can download it here or in the main page.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/rise-of-deathsong-w3n.241875/

EDIT: I've spotted a bug, the message telling you that Deathsong's base base is destroyed isn't showing. I'm working to fix that. Also changed a few minor problems with the units' sight to give more of an "exploration" feeling to the map.

Last edited:
Level 6
Some News: The campaign itself is paused, but I'm making an alternate melee map to figure out the techtrees properly and get things settled regarding that matter, as I have tons of papers entitled "Tharaenor Techtree" spreaded through my room and nothing evolves ;-; So, I thought this should be the best way to do it. I'll upload it when I'm done to see what you fellows think on the Tharaenor race's balance and stuff like that.

Btw, I would really like some feedback on the chapter that I've uploaded already both in the comments and the main thread.

Sneak Peak on the Tharaenor Forests:
tharaenorforest_fountain-jpg.246587

Chapters set in the Tharaenor Forests will have a style similar to this. What do you guys think? Is the terraining decent? What should I change?

Last edited:
Level 6
Terraining is decent. I can't say what should you change, because I see only this fountain surrounded by woods.
I only had that part when I uploaded that pic xD I'll upload some more later

I would swap the lumpy grass with the other ashenvale grass which is muuuuch nicer.
Personally I prefer the lumpy one but I'll give it a try

Level 6
Here are the promised screenies:

This is the previous fountain, but a bit more worked:
tharaenorforest_fountainworked-jpg.255800

This is the base area, I'm not planning on developing it a lot:
baseareared-jpg.255797

Two paths from the top-center and bot-center parts:
pathtop1-jpg.255799

pathcrossroadbot-jpg.255798

Status
Not open for further replies.