• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reviving Diablo 3 Warcraft - Suggestions for Developers and Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I appreciate your efforts but sadly we've all unmotivated and have all abandoned the project months ago.It was a fun ride though.

However, it's nice that our map spouted quite a lot of clones which are in most cases, if not all, are a lot better than our map. Perhaps you could share some of your ideas with those projects and support them?

PS: The new inventory made by Anachron isn't as buggy as ours thus one reason why we wanted to use it instead of ours.

Level 8
However, it's nice that our map spouted quite a lot of clones which are in most cases, if not all, are a lot better than our map.

No. I've played many D3 maps and none of them are comparable to this one. I BET YOU if I got a source to this map and just made some little changes this map could be huge.

If your the person to talk to about this, if its not asking for too much I would like an unprotected version of v1.19b. Ill get this project going again and hand it to you guys, you WILL be surprised.

Level 8
I got a flimsy save/load system on the map, I don't think it will work with items (with the new inventory system) yet, but I will be testing it out and seeing what needs to be done. I kept getting an error though when I tried saving the map in the editor, even when I made no changes though, something about the camlock and a bunch of other "unexpected lines in code". I uninstalled my warcraft 3 client and WEUnlimited because I think it was what had been affecting this. Installing right now, and after I am done I will greatly increase the experience needed to level from, maybe 15 or 16, onward and will work on higher ranks of all hero spells.

Level 19
I got a flimsy save/load system on the map, I don't think it will work with items (with the new inventory system) yet, but I will be testing it out and seeing what needs to be done. I kept getting an error though when I tried saving the map in the editor, even when I made no changes though, something about the camlock and a bunch of other "unexpected lines in code". I uninstalled my warcraft 3 client and WEUnlimited because I think it was what had been affecting this. Installing right now, and after I am done I will greatly increase the experience needed to level from, maybe 15 or 16, onward and will work on higher ranks of all hero spells.

Well, that error is related to an old system CloudWolf used during the first days of the map. Sadly he never fully removed it after I replaced it with a better camera.

So, if you want to get away with the error just remove all custom codes related to camlock.

And btw, NEVER USE WEU. I recommend that you uninstall it from your computer and install NewGen instead which is what we used to make the map.

Level 8
Well, that error is related to an old system CloudWolf used during the first days of the map. Sadly he never fully removed it after I replaced it with a better camera.

So, if you want to get away with the error just remove all custom codes related to camlock.

And btw, NEVER USE WEU. I recommend that you uninstall it from your computer and install NewGen instead which is what we used to make the map.

Newgen worked, and I find working with it seems a lot nicer for some reason lol

Level 8
Ok, nvm

Its not showing the errors when im saving anymore, but when i try to run the map in the game it doesnt work. When i click on the map no player slots show up unless i click on another map then click on d3, but even when i do that if i try to run the map the UI goes away as if it was going to jump to a loading screen, but then it just comes back. When i try using Test Map from the map editor WC3 just gets an error

EDIT:: I tried hosting it on battle.net and an error comes up saying "The game was not found."

Level 19
Ok, nvm

Its not showing the errors when im saving anymore, but when i try to run the map in the game it doesnt work. When i click on the map no player slots show up unless i click on another map then click on d3, but even when i do that if i try to run the map the UI goes away as if it was going to jump to a loading screen, but then it just comes back. When i try using Test Map from the map editor WC3 just gets an error

EDIT:: I tried hosting it on battle.net and an error comes up saying "The game was not found."

That means that you somehow managed to corrupt the map. Happened quite a lot for us due to the rubbish old codes hanging around. :p

Try start from scratch and make sure to corrupt the map.

Level 8
I don't have time to make a long post atm, but I got back on today and found out the problems are with some triggers. I'll be working on it more today, and @Anachron, I deleted WEU and reinstalled Warcraft 3 :D

Level 8
Found out the problem, its something in the trigger category of "LTGH's Inventory System".
LOL this is exactly what I was worried about, the problem is in the exact system that I don't understand.

I'll see what I can do, just felt I should give you guys this update

Level 8
Ok, the problem is with the camera system in the inventory (thank god lol). If it was any part of the main system I would have been screwed. Ill look at the coding and see if I can remake the camera system for the inventory system :D

EDIT:: the Inventory Switch Camera is whats causing this problem, lol I have no idea how it just is. Anachron, Red Marine, do any of you have any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 19
I am not exactly sure. However, you can ask CloudWolf that question over at udmod.com or message him a post on Hiveworkshop.

The bug is most likely related to an old camera system CloudWolf implemented. We never fully removed the script since we only build upon the map and never actually remade the existing code.

Level 8
EDIT:: Turns out the map that I got was one that was in development, I think the camlock bug with the inventory screen switch is what was causing the problems. Anyways its a non-issue now, and I found out how to fix the camera and I'll start working on the inventory screen

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks man :)

While waiting I might as well discuss what I have planned

-1st, a save/load system including inventory and experience.
-An extreme increase in the amount of experience it takes to level starting at level 15
-Normal, Nightmare, and Hell modes that increase monster health, damage, and armor (and boss special abilities) and that change item drops and experience gain
-higher spell ranks
-I'm not sure if I want to add a diablo 3 styled locust swarm (its really easy, just debuff series) but the one thats currently in is more balanced. Ill include the new one in a new map and see what you guys think
-replace the wizard's spell-on-attack thing with a channeled disintegrate spell like the one in the trailer
-replace the barbarian Cleave ability with the charge ability in the gameplay trailer
-replace witch doctor's summoning skills with an independent mongrol summon ability, and mongrols might (in higher levels) be summoned with a locust swarm enchantment
-add some Diablo 3 soundtracks, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZv2u5qz9OI&feature=related
-loot from the last boss

can't remember exactly what else atm, but I'll keep you updated

Level 8
I talked to Cloudwolf and it turns out that the map I had recieved was, in fact, up to date. The problem had been in a few custom scripts, ""set DEAD[IND[GetPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())]] = true"/"set DEAD[IND[GetPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())]] = false" were causing compilation errors when trying to save and messing up the whole map, but I solved that problem and set the camera distance to a reasonable point and worked on the character selection screen.

Could a Moderator change the title of this thread to just "Reviving Diablo 3 Warcraft" instead of "Reviving Diablo 3 Warcraft - Suggestions ect."
I tried changing it in advanced edit but it only changed the title of the first post.

Last edited:
Level 19
well... http://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-iii-the-fallen-angel ... thats some shit to try to compete with... i mean their inventory and skill tree just tops it right off... at least this mod has great wizard and witch doctor models, theirs are kinda shitty but other than that.... damn.

That map was made after ours and they got a lot more professional team of modelers and coders with lots of experience to work on their project.

Since we were the first one of many literation of Diablo 3 projects to be released we got all of the attention and fame for actually making a decent game people enjoyed. Being first sometimes counts.

Level 8
That map was made after ours and they got a lot more professional team of modelers and coders with lots of experience to work on their project.

Since we were the first one of many literation of Diablo 3 projects to be released we got all of the attention and fame for actually making a decent game people enjoyed. Being first sometimes counts.

I know, i wasnt trying to put down your project or anything your project was amazing but when i saw the inventory system and skill tree on TFA it was more of a sit there and stare for a short while sort of thing

Level 19
Both look great, but I'd still prefer the one from The Hive Workshop though. It really brings out the "Diablo" feel in many areas...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Who cares if you can compete with it? Just make a map that you care about and release it.

Level 19
Hahaha. xD
Oh yeah, and CloudWolf did NOT compete with that? Not to mention that it's not YOUR map, it's CloudWolf's map. You give up way too fast, and I'm really glad that you will not continue developing the map.

CloudWolf and the rest of the team were fully aware of that project and that we wouldn't be able to compete with its quality once it was released. However, it didn't matter in the end since it never was released during our development cycle. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.