• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenonoth & joaquim98 Presents

[box]
ZsFzc3D.jpg

Story
After his defeat in Northrend at the hands of Prince Arthas Menethil; Mal'Ganis eventually survives his presumed murder, and plans for revenge against Arthas (Now the champion of the Lich King) and the Lich King himself, the malefic Dreadlord is far from beaten and his burning masters won't tolerate another failure!
Features
• Voice acting
• Various difficulty levels
• 2 New Races (Scarlet Crusade - Demon) + Improved Undead Race
• Over 20 missions (Planned)
Playable Characters (So far)

fWjnF0J.jpg

- Mal'Ganis: Once the Lich King's jailor, betrayed and slain by his champion: Arthas, Mal'Ganis now seeks his revenge against the Lich King and his Death Knight.
3648P3N.jpg

- Rage Winterchill: An Orc Warlock that died within the second war on Lordaeron, buried within Fenris Keep.. raised by Mal'Ganis, although a Lich.. Rage's loyalties lies with the Burning Legion.
Te9DKVY.jpg

- Thule Ravenclaw: The Mage-owner of Fenris Keep, he sold himself to the Scourge in return of Mal'Ganis sparing his life.
RzrkiBz.jpg

- Archimonde: The dreaded Demon lord of the Burning Legion, Archimonde arrives at Dalaran as his first stop in destroying Azeroth.
HeInHEN.jpg

- Mannoroth: Archimonde's personal enforcer, Mannoroth leads the siege upon Lordaeron.
9MuZwwG.jpg

- Tichondrius: The Darkener is using the Skull of Gul'dan to defile the forests of Felwood.
z4UFEXV.jpg

- Prince Xavalis: Rumored to be Xavius' son, Prince Xavalis has waited for the Legion's return since the great sundering.
S2wNMzJ.jpg

- Arthas: The Champion of the Lich King is willing to do his master's will and will stop at nothing to do so..
k9kDLdK.jpg

- Illidan: After being exiled by his own people, Illidan wanders across the glades of Ashenvale seeking a new source of power.
U9XURvp.jpg

- Garnoth: Garnoth survived the Battle of Mount Hyjal; he aids Illidan in reaching Kil'jaeden.

Progress
- MISSION#1: The Lich King's Betrayal (100%)
- INTERLUDE#1: The Dreadlords' Meeting (100%)
- MISSION#2: The Tranquil Silverpine (100%)
- MISSION#3: The Walls of Fenris (100%)
- MISSION#4: The Destruction of Dalaran (100%)
- MISSION#5: The Wrath of Mannoroth (100%)
- INTERLUDE#2: The Spoils of War (100%)
- MISSION#6: The Pursuit (100%)
- MISSION#7: The Skull of Gul'dan (100%)
- MISSION#8: The Confrontation (100%)
- MISSION#9: The Betrayer's Troth (100%)
Screenshots
zKXGOjP.jpg

HkttK3V.jpg

8DBHfNZ.jpg
Yj9mu0b.jpg

fnxPdso.jpg
oV6d2gk.jpg
P2KMny7.jpg
U7tIl7a.jpg
m0VbUBQ.jpg
UOlo3Cw.jpg
dqa14tX.jpg
0FGr3ID.jpg
yFBT7W1.jpg

DYUnKDK.jpg

NpPgDR5.jpg
lpJgLs2.jpg

Y6uve4u.jpg
ofiqhsU.jpg

N9H06qc.jpg
z8zcnHf.jpg

sevWKb2.jpg
SEOk56Z.jpg

0Qolk2H.jpg

6wYumuo.jpg

byed3X8.jpg
aRUtqUi.jpg

tTPQnU3.jpg
Development Team (Main)
Development: Zenonoth
Skin Maker(s): PrinceYaser
Decorator(s): joaquim98
Proofreading: renegade
Development Team (Side)
Icon Maker(s): San
Story Designer(s): Chaosy
BETA Testers(s): ArgentSky renegade
Scriptwriter(s): Rence Kristoff
Credits List
None yet..
HOW CAN YOU HELP? - WHAT DO WE NEED? (MAIN)

- Tester(s): Testers are expected to test the maps and give nitpicking reviews about anything
- Lore Designer(s): People who are familiar with Warcraft lore and wish to help us design the story of this campaign and help design the backstories of future campaign missions
- Decorator(s): Decorators are not terrainers, we'll send you a premade terrain and you have to decorate it with any doodads that fit
The Recruitment
IMPORTANT
1-Modeler (✓)
2-Terrainer (✓)
3-Skin-maker (✓)
4-Voice Actor (✓)
5-Decorator (✓)
6-Lore-maker (Vacant)

OPTIONAL
7-Trigger-maker (✓)
8-Icon-maker (✓)
9-Secondary Voice Actor (Vacant)
10-Scriptwriter (✓)
Project Signature
ehTzp9p.jpg
[/box]

Attachments

• Revenge of Mal'Ganis.w3n
    24.7 MB · Views: 5,647
Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I like it, question is: is this gonna be a custom story or an alternate one?

What I mean is, you can make it go along with the original storyline.
Kil'jaeden commands Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne. This means that he and Mal'ganis would probably communicate at some point, which could be merged with the main storyline.
Going by lore, this does actually mean that Mal'ganis is technically not out for revenge because it's also the command of the Burning Legion to destroy the Lich King.

Or. make it custom and ignore that.

That said, I could probably have some fun assisting with some story bits.

Level 11
The quality of the campaign so far is awesome, I have no critiques, I just hope it lives 'till the end. :)

Level 5
A campaign based on Mal'Ganis? Awesome, I could go as a map tester

EDIT : So I played the first map and I say its pretty well made but it has some weak points;

- Some grammatical mistakes in the dialogue
- Dialogue ends way too fast for my liking (They speak before the other one ends mostly.)
- Ending was meh, although he could have just summoned a portal instead of teleporting away like that

Gameplay was good, though hard since you only have Mal'Ganis and ghouls to tank. :/

Last edited:
I like it, question is: is this gonna be a custom story or an alternate one?

This will be a main story one following Warcraft lore, thanks a lot @Chaosy for helping me with the lore and participating.

The quality of the campaign so far is awesome, I have no critiques, I just hope it lives 'till the end. :)

@Yousef It will, I'm willing to complete this project unlike the other ones I've dismantled.

A campaign based on Mal'Ganis? Awesome, I could go as a map tester

EDIT : So I played the first map and I say its pretty well made but it has some weak points;

- Some grammatical mistakes in the dialogue
- Dialogue ends way too fast for my liking (They speak before the other one ends mostly.)
- Ending was meh, although he could have just summoned a portal instead of teleporting away like that

Gameplay was good, though hard since you only have Mal'Ganis and ghouls to tank. :/

Will fix the issues you encountered @renegade , added you to side team.. and gave rep, would also be nice if you can send me those grammar mistakes in my inbox

And what about me for Decorator, Zenonoth??

Sure, @PrinceYaser that would be very nice of you, I've included a map that I need you to decorate.. just add whatever doodads you can to decorate it no matter how big or how small.. I'll accept it.

Attachments

• MALGANIS#3.w3x
    207.1 KB · Views: 519
Level 5
Well, since for some reason I can't post on your profile, here are the mistakes:

Grammar errors :
"You hear the voice of the Dark Lord; he whispers to you through the blade you wield.. what does he say, young human? (what) --> What does the Dark Lord of the dead tell you now?"
"What?! (he) --> He can't possibly mean to-"

P.S : Im a little confused about the second cinematic "Have you seen what happened?! Prince Arthas and a horde of undead warriors are assaulting us!" First line means its already done, second contradicts it (happening atm)

Level 29
I like the idea of this campaign, the plot seems good. So I take Mal'Ganis will not take control of the Scarlet Onslaught like in the lore?

I like the idea of this campaign, the plot seems good. So I take Mal'Ganis will not take control of the Scarlet Onslaught like in the lore?

He will, just not in the first missions.

Hi again, Zenonoth! I've decorated your map. But I couldn't add anymore doodads because of it's limit.
However, if this is not good, just tell me to work on it!

It's good enough, thank you for your work

Level 5
On a personal note, i think you should add custom abilities for Mal'Ganis to make gameplay much more interesting.

2ND UPDATE (10/5/2016)

• Fixed some grammar mistakes/scripts in 1st mission and 2nd mission
• Added some minor terrain improvements
• Second Mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post)

NOTICE: The new map is lacking in terms of skippable cinematics/terraining/misc triggers due to the dire need of someone to assist with triggers, will be uploading WIPs for testing from now on.. remember to give feedback.

P2KMny7.jpg

oV6d2gk.jpg

Last edited:
2NDT UPDATE (10/5/2016)

• Fixed some grammar mistakes/scripts in 1st mission and 2nd mission
• Added some minor terrain improvements
• Second Mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post)

NOTICE: The new map is lacking in terms of skippable cinematics/terraining/misc triggers due to the dire need of someone to assist with triggers, will be uploading WIPs for testing from now on.. remember to give feedback.

P2KMny7.jpg

oV6d2gk.jpg
Very nice. Now, that is the original skin for Mal'Ganis! But please replace the new screenshots in 1st Mission and 1st Interlude with the old ones.

Hmm, items from the 1st mission are not ported over the 3rd mission, for me at least.

Game cache will be lacking from this mission and onwards due to minor errors, all errors will be fixed in the finalized version.

Very nice. Now, that is the original skin for Mal'Ganis! But please replace the new screenshots in 1st Mission and 1st Interlude with the old ones.

Will do, still need opinions and testing about my map.

Level 5
3rd mission: Review

Side Quest: Book fo the dead ---> of (When the quest is first discovered)
Since there aren't any air units, i recommend removing the Web upgrade (just a waste of resources)

---- Actual Review ----

Everything works fine and well, you could at least make the Humans train units to replace lost ones. Purple's gold mine is insufficient enough for building a large army (or i'm just really bad at managing resources). The archmages could use different abilities fitting with their names (Bethor could have Ice Shard, etc.) since you just see the same skills over and over. No bugs so far, gj (expansion gold mine with 20k is really far tho.)

EDIT: Since Mal'Ganis says go find a shipyard, don't ping the shipyard and show it. :/

EDIT (2): Maybe make something attack the player, since most of the time we just wait until army is big enough to attack.

Last edited:
Level 14
Hi Zenonoth,

I made a little system for skippable cinematics, which I also uploaded here. It was rejected, since I was too lazy, did not have time to optimize it, but it actually works fine. I just thought, that while you are still building up the map, you may use it, since it was also one of the reasons to reject it on the hive, that you have to exchange all your transmission calls by the custom ones to make it work.

Hi, Zenonoth! Did you find your decorator case??

Yes, @PrinceYaser , I did.

Hi Zenonoth,

I made a little system for skippable cinematics, which I also uploaded here. It was rejected, since I was too lazy, did not have time to optimize it, but it actually works fine. I just thought, that while you are still building up the map, you may use it, since it was also one of the reasons to reject it on the hive, that you have to exchange all your transmission calls by the custom ones to make it work.

Sure @Emm-A- , I can use any help necessary

Next update will feature major changes based on what everyone has provided.

Level 5
Will be watching over this thread for further development (not that i have a lot of free time but well...)

Level 11
I would love to help, but I have to focus on studying, all I can do is to tell you this is awesome and I hope you finish it.

Level 9
I don't know how the storyline will be but I liked what I saw,
custom icons, skins and the terrain
Heroes: I don't know who or if you will add more but Arthas,Tichondrius, Kil'jaeden or Archimonde must appear in the story
terrain is great, just got a bit fuzzy on mission 2, I thought there was an alternate bridge or something instead of going nearly all around the isle to get my units there
mission 1 is a bit hard but not for me ;), you could add 1 or 2 abominations to help tank a little and dps with nerubians. Also there is a confusing cinematic in chapter 1, when you reach the human base and the footmen talk and I'll quote by our fellow hiver
"Have you seen what happened?! Prince Arthas and a horde of undead warriors are assaulting us!" First line means its already done, second contradicts it (happening atm)

just like what renegade said.
oh it'll be great if you add custom abilities to Mal'ganis instead of his crappy originals and use QWERT keys for abilities its much better

Level 5
The part with the footmen was already fixed. Custom abilities would really make for more interesting gameplay. Something demonic or etc.

Level 11
1. How many mission it would contain? I got 6th level in chapter 2, is it kinda wrong?
2. You should add script that makes all group to attack a puller. I killed paladin near the crypt in chapter 2 using "body pull" - come closer, pull add and bring it one by one to my army. It's also a problem of other enemy groups.
3. Is it for me or first gold mine has too much gold into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.