• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pudge Hook Wars v2.7d + AI

Pudge Hook Wars by Flux

PUDGE HOOK WARS V2.7d + AI
Created by Flux

Map Info:

Experience the Dota 2 Pudge Gameplay on Warcraft 3. In Pudge Hook Wars, play as Pudge the Butcher with Dota 2 Graphics, Sounds and certain Items. Kill other players with your infamous Meat Hook as they roam the map.

Players start with 2 Abilities (Meat Hook and Dismember). Abilities can be learned upon buying from the Abilities Shop which includes the "Rot" ability that allows you to perform the Pudge Standard 'Meat Hook - Rot - Dismember' Combo.

There are also items that modifies your Pudge's Meat Hook (Hook Modifiers) such as Hook Lifesteal, Rupture Hook, Flaming Hook, Freezing Hook. Activating Hook Modifiers will change the appearance of your Meat Hook as seen below in the Screenshots. Meat Hook Damage, Range and Cooldown can also be permanently upgraded.

Lastly, Runes appear in the map every minute except the first two minutes. These Runes (Hook Damage, Invisibility, Vision, Speed, Lightning, Vitality, Gold) are very useful and can define the outcome of the clash. It is recommended to store them in a Magic Bottle for timely use.

Gameplay from version 2.7c:

Features:

- Game Modes:

* FREE FOR ALL: All Players are your enemies. Required number of kills to win can be from 15 to 100.
* TEAM DEATH MATCH : Player1 to Player6 are allies, Player7 to Player12 are allies. Required number of team kills to win can be from 30 to 200.

- Hook Modes:

REAL HOOK MODE: (Dota 2 Meat Hook)
* Meat Hook is a Hero Ability with 4 levels.
* Hook Range is 1000/1100/1200/1300.
* Disables Pudge during Forward Motion of Meat Hook.
* Meat Hook Cooldown is 14/13/12/11 seconds.
* No curve motion and does not catch unit during retraction.
* Grants 500 vision upon hooking a unit.
* Damage Type is PURE.

CLASSIC HOOK MODE: (Pudge Wars Meat Hook)
* Hook Range is upgradable via Shop and Leveling.
* Meat Hook Cooldown is upgradable via shop (9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds).
* Curve motion and can catch unit during retraction.
* Hook chains have 500 vision.
* Damage Type is MAGICAL.
In Classic Hook Mode,
* Hook Range increases by 50 at level 5, 10, 15, 20.
* Dismember Damage increases by at level 9 and level 18.​
- Optional Modes:

"-unhide" : Removes Invisibility of Black Market.
"-gold" : Change starting Gold to 1000.
"-onehit" : Initial Meat Hook Damage is 9000.

- An alternative and fun way to master Pudge's Meat Hook Skill.
- Obtaining certain passive Items shows an attachment graphic effect (e.g. Aghanim's Scepter).
- Contains Hook Modifier Items which add effects to Meat Hook (e.g. Rupture Hook).
- 6 Different Runes spawn every minute except the first two minutes (e.g. Rune of Vision).
- 8 Buy-able Abilities that makes your Pudge unique to others and fits your gamestyle (e.g. Swarm of Flies).
- Strategic Items such as Observer Wards, Sentry Wards and Smoke of Deceit.
- Includes famous Dota Items like Blink Dagger, Force Staff, Blade Mail and many more.
- A good human-like AI which can also be commanded if an ally.
- Dota 2 Graphics which includes Models, Textures, Icons, UI, Terrain, Doodads and Dota 2 Sounds.
- AI Difficulties:

* Easy AI takes normal experience and gold. It has a poor Hook Targeting Accuracy.
* Normal AI takes normal experience and gold but has a Human-Like Hook Targeting Accuracy.
* Insane AI takes extra experience and gold and has an impossibly insane Blind Hook Target Guess but has a Human-Like Hook Targeting Accuracy.

Screenshots:

235937-albums8132-picture97596.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97597.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97598.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97599.jpg

Note: Pudge's Attack Damage is modified after taking these Gameplay screenshots

235937-albums8132-picture97600.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97601.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97602.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97603.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97604.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97605.jpg

235937-albums8132-picture97606.jpg

Change Log:

Main:
*New Item "Freezing Hook" which creates a path of ice that blocks pathing and vision.
*New Ability "Living Parasite" which deals damage based on the damage taken by the infected unit.
*Rune of Vision temporarily blinds Observer Wards (including Greater Observer Wards) of all enemies
for 15 seconds.
*Carcass Disease Outburst DPS removed.
*Rune of Speed no longer decrease MS of all enemy units.
*Being targeted by "Flesh Odor" no longer reveals the caster.
*Channeling Spells now has a Progress Bar.
*New Terrain Texture.
*New Doodads and Destructible Model and Textures.
*New Pudge Soundset and added new Pudge dialogues when meat hook hits, having a killing streak, ending a killing streak and obtaining certain items.
*Black Market Items organized between Active and Passive Items.

Bugs Fixed:
*Removed Carcass Disease bug.
*Fixed Gold and Experience being given when dying with Glyph of Reincarnation.

Extras:
*Force Staff now interrupts spells.
*Flesh Odor now has a visual effect only visible to the caster and its allies.
*Flesh Odor now gives an assist even when no damage is dealt.
*Player's Pudge can now be easily identified by the arrow indicator overhead.

Main:
* Players will no longer respawn near enemy Pudge unless it cannot be prevented.
* Casting Hook no longer disables Blink Dagger but limits Max blinking range to 400.
* New Item "Smoke of Deceit" which gives invisibility and bonus movement to self and allies within 1000 radius. Invisibility and bonus movement is lost upon moving within 900 of an enemy Pudge.
* Rune of Invisibility provides additional buff that makes your hook 80% transparent for 35 seconds.
* Hook LifeSteal now has an active Ability that gives a greater LifeSteal percentage depending on the Hitting Distance.
* Rupture Hook now has an active Ability that will reduce the Strength of the dragged unit depending on the distance. Dragged unit loses 1 Strength per 75 distance traveled.
* Meat Hook speed (1600) matches with Dota 2.
* Pudge movespeed (285) and turn rate (0.7) matches with Dota 2.
* Pudge Hook Radius (100) and Collision Size (24) matches with Dota 2.
* Pudge Cast Duration (0.3 + 0.51) and Attack Animation (0.5 + 1.17) matches with Dota 2
* Pudge Starting Attributes (25 Str, 14 Agi, 14 Int) matches with Dota 2. Attribute growth changed to +3 Str, +1 Agi, +1.5 Int per level.
* Pudge Sight Radius changed to Day: 1500 / Night: 800.
* Added Tips system which helps new players learn about the map, gameplay and items by displaying important tips. Tips are displayed upon typing "-tips".
* Optimized (less lag and lesser file size)
* Reworked Assists System.
* AI will no longer fight when it is at a disadvantage.
* Added a Computer Difficulty Variety.

Fixed Bugs:
* Removed a debug message.
* Fixed some incorrect item description.
* Fixed some few leaks.
* Fixed a game crash bug due to map bounds.
* Fixed an illusion bug.
* Fixed an Glyph Selection Bug.

Extras:
* Replaces and Adds few models and effects.
* Changed a few Icons.
* New UI HUD.
* New Cooldown UI.
* Added spinning animation to Hook.
* Rune of Speed only slows enemy's forward Hook Motion.
* Blink Dagger goes in a 3 second cooldown when holding unit is damaged instead of being disabled.
* Meat Hook, Rot and Dismember hotkeys selectable between legacy and QWER. Can be toggled by typing "-ch" meaning change hotkeys.
* Scepter of Divinity now deals 50 damage to targeted enemy units upon landing.
* Force Staff Speed (1500) and Push Duration (0.4) now matches with Dota 2.
* Obtaining Rune even when Magic Bottle is not empty will still refill the Bottle with Rune. Having more than 1 bottle will refill the bottle starting from the top.
* Reworked Rune of Lightning.
* Black Market Item Sold hotkey changed.
* New AI Command that will order the AI to give all Shared Items to its original Owner.

MAIN:
- Completely changed all icons to look like Dota 2.
- Terrain completely reworked and balanced symmetrically.
- Selectable Hook Modes. Classic Hook Mode is selected by default.

REAL HOOK MODE: (Dota 2 Meat Hook)
* Meat Hook is a Hero Ability with 4 levels.
* Hook Range is 1000/1100/1200/1300.
* Disables Pudge during Forward Motion of Meat Hook.
* Meat Hook Cooldown is 14/13/12/11 seconds.
* No curve motion and does not catch unit during retraction.
* Grants 500 vision upon hooking a unit.
* Damage Type is PURE.

CLASSIC HOOK MODE: (Pudge Wars Meat Hook)
* Hook Range is upgradable via Shop and Leveling.
* Meat Hook Cooldown is upgradable via shop (9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds).
* Curve motion and can catch unit during retraction.
* Hook chains have 500 vision.
* Damage Type is MAGICAL.
In Classic Hook Mode,
* Hook Range increases by 50 at level 5, 10, 15, 20.
* Dismember Damage increases by at level 9 and level 18.​
- Obtaining certain passive Items shows an attachment graphic effect.

* Hood of Protection --> Executioner Head Clamp
* Magic Resisting Cloak --> Mad Harvester Mask
* Helmet of Honor --> Gladiators Revenge Helmet
* Sphere of Life --> Surgical Booster
* Heart of Vitality --> Regeneration of the Basilisk
---- The Items above will have their name changed to its attachment equivalent.----
* Aghanim's Scepter --> Attached Aghanim's Scepter behind Pudge
* Blood of Rejuvenation --> Blood Syringe attached in arm

- Changed a few item graphic effects:
* Changed Force Staff Graphic Effect.
* Changed Blade Mail Graphic Effect.​
- Certain Items have matching models in game when dropped.
Bottle, Healing Salve, Clarity Potion, Magic Wand, Blink Dagger, Force Staff, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Aghanim's Scepter, Recipe Paper, Gem of True Sight, Boots of Speed, Ring of Shrunk, Smoke of Deceit, Aegis of Immortality, Runes.
Other items not in the list will have a Red Box Model similar to Dota 2.​
- Improved AI chasing system and added more item variety.
- Improved AI using Hook Modifier Items.
- Black Market Location will be indicated and appear on 1 minute mark instead of after the loading has finished.
- Black Market will change its location upon selecting the Aegis of Immortality receiver.
- Observer Wards now has a stock replenish interval of 6 minutes and a maximum stock of 5.
- Changed Observer Ward and Sentry Ward Casting Range to 500 and Greater Observer Ward Casting Range to 1000.
- Reworked and balanced Hook Modifier Items (Rupture Hook and Hook LifeSteal).
- Hook Modifiers will be removed after 8 seconds of activation.
- Added an optional mode "-1hit" where Meat Hooks deals a lethal 1 hit-KO.
- Changed the name of Fast Mode (-fast) to Gold Mode (-gold).
- New Item "Power Treads" which boost a specific attribute by 9 and grants +50 Movement Speed Bonus.
- New Item "Flesh Sapper Hook" that steals strength of the hooked unit equal to (Hook Hitting Distance / 80) for 15 seconds.
- Ancient Gold Rune selling cost increased.
- Hook LifeSteal gold cost changed from 600 to 500.
- Freezing Hook gold cost changed from 390 to 300.

BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed Multiboard at End game.
- Fixed incorrect Disabled Button of Freezing Hook.
- Fixed incorrect Team Glow at start
- Fixed Hook Modifiers not stacking with Magic Bottle.
- Fixed and reworked how Aegis of Immortality is received.

EXTRA CHANGES:
- Added a Fast Walking Animation when Rune of Speed is obtained.
- Added a Rot Walking Animation and changed Rot Graphic Effect matching Dota 2.
- Added Dismember Graphic Effect and Dismember Sound Effect matching Dota 2.
- Changed Meat Hook Sound Effect matching Dota 2
- Changed Reincarnation Effect matching Dota 2.
- Changed Pudge Sight Radius to 1800/800 matching Dota 2.
- Reworked Phase Boots and Boots of Speed to match Dota 2.
- Changed the Hook Chain's Pitch and Roll Angle to make it more realistic.
- Changed Observer Ward, Sentry Ward and Greater Observer Ward Model.

BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed players not respawning, time not running and gameplay broken when the Black Market releases the Aegis of Immortality.

MAIN:
- Improved Terrain.
- Slightly bigger maps.
- Shops now have Dota 2 Models.
- Fitting icons.

BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed occasional bug with Blink.

EXTRAS:
- New command button icons.
- New loading screen.

Special Thanks:

Map Testers and Important Bug Finders:
Lacky - for finding critical bugs and tool tip errors
VoicelessDuck - for being a Map Tester before the Map Release and finding bugs as well
Love Seeker - for finding critical bugs
Video:
flour

Models, Icons and Sound Sources:
Valve - for the Models, Icons and Sounds and Dota Ideas
Be.Creative and chongoyuto - for the entire Pudge Model Set
icewolf055 - for the Spell Effects
Lionheart07 - for the Dire HUD, Dota 2 Terrain and Doodads
statrick - for the Pudge HUD Skin ArtWork
JesusHipster - for the CastBar
The10th-x - for the Custom Cooldown UI
spawnbps - for the complete Pudge Animation
Kobb, Aderum and Queaks - for the Pudge Upgrade Icons
The_Silent - for the alternate Command Icons
Illustrike - for the Hook Chain
cotd333 - for the Fatal Wound Blood Effect
assasin_lord - for the Hero Glow

Author's notes:

- Texture Quality must be Set to MEDIUM or HIGH
- This map is protected.
- It is recommended not to play with more than 5 AIs if your computer has a low processing speed and RAM.
- For suggestions, comment below or send to [email protected]

Keywords:
Pudge, Hook, Wars, AI, Dota 2
Contents

Pudge Hook Wars v2.7d + AI (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 00:42, 14th Feb 2015 Map Moderated - Pudge Hook wars v2.5 + AI Review Post - My Review[tr] Verdict - Approved, 3/5

What do you think is the most useful Rune?

• Total voters
Level 22
Thanks!!
I'm currently fixing the preview images so you might wanna download it again in about 5 minutes to avoid difference/conflict with future players who will be using the updated version. (39% uploaded)

EDIT: Zzzzz, still not fixed (Hovering Cursor on the map shows an ugly minimap). Oh well, I will just leave it at that.

Level 22
Found epic bug, when player receives Aegis, then it prevents all players from respawning.

Player no longer respawn when another player has Aegis in inventory or when another player is reincarnating?

EDIT: nevermind, I saw it. Whenever the player clicked the Aegis in the Black Market, time stops as well so it has something to do with that.
Good one on finding that! I managed to fix it. It was a syntax error

Lesson learned, even when doing minor little change in the last minute before uploading, I should still test the map.

EDIT AGAIN: Map updated to v2.7c. Thanks a lot LoveSeeker!

Last edited:
Level 21
TERRAIN

The terrain was generally well done. The use of those marvellous trees and eye-catching grass tiles surely contributed to a wonderful terrain. The map also proves to be very symmetric, an important factor which should not be neglected when creating such hero-fight arena maps. However, I have some remarks. Although I said the terrain is well done, there are also some points I'd like to mention. One, for instance, is that the terrain tends to become monotonous and repetitive after some time of gameplay. I just see the same tiles and trees everywhere with totally no variation. Come on, you can do better than that! I'm sure there are plenty of other vegetation models, like shurbs and flowers, which can enhance your terrain tremendously. Usually people tend to ignore the aesthetics when creating maps like these yet I'll still emphasise that the terrain should nevertheless be attractive to the eye, no matter what's the map type.

GAMEPLAY AND AI

Time to touch the most fundamental category of any map. I must admit the gameplay was enjoyable to some extent. The hooking was performed flawlessly and smoothly, the large variety of items and purchasable abilities played an essential role in the development of the gameplay and overall I was pretty enterained by the sounds, bloody effects and the whole game itself. Despite that, here are some points I'd like to discuss. First of all, the spawning. Why doesn't the camera point on my hero when he respawns? It's just too annoying to have click back on my hero every single time he revives (I don't even know where he'll do so). However, the AI is the major problem here. I see they just toss a hook, lose HP, return back to shops and linger there. This behaviour was pretty tedious as I had to chase them till the shops (their starting region) every single time. Not even once they ran away to a different location. Another point is the calibration of the difficulty. Are you sure you've been able to adjust the hardness of the AI at each level (Easy, Normal, Insane)? I've played a 6v6 with 5 Easy AIs in my team VS 6 Insane AIs. That was one of my first matches and I thought it would've been pretty challening but sadly it wasn't so. I was playing quite like a noob (expectable...) and I was getting a disadvantageous score for my team (4 - 8 if I remember well). In spite of that, my team managed to win the game (out of 50 kills) with a difference of 7 kills from the enemy team. What the hell man? The insane AIs should've owned us literally if your description of each difficulty level was completely correct. It could be due to the clumsy behaviour of AI to move in close clusters and hook themselves instead of the enemy. Have a look again at your AI.

OVERALL RESULT

To conclude, I believe this map can still be improved a lot. I guess I'll give it 3/5 and vote for... ehm.... wait this has already been approved, I don't need to vote! Damn instinct of pending maps reviewer affects me!

Level 22
@Shadow Fury, Well said, you still managed to find some flaws which is great for a map reviewer to do. I see your standards are still very high.

I just want to point out some of what you said (wrote),
1. The Camera don't shift to your position because what if you are watching something important, (like an enemy within vision of ward or an epic battle of your ally) I don't want the player saying like "Damn automatic camera moving making me unable to see that battle".
2. You caught me on the AI part, but it was actually programmed to go to the closest shop (not starting location) when low on HP to buy some healing salve. However I don't see any room for improvement here like where else should they go.
3. Looks like I need to add the bonus exp and gold to Computer (Insane). Looks like I also need to improve the AI (and AI difficulty variation) a LOT.

Level 13
I agreed AI parts just Shadow Fury said, it only hook, attack 2-4 times and them ulti. If low heath they go to main shop, buy salve, wards, heal themselves, go to hidden shop, then wandering like a critter. Also team 1 AI always splited each while other team is full of team :( improve it(No offense, BTW :p)

Level 22
@Shadow Fury, good suggestion.

@Love Seeker, What do you mean?
Also team 1 AI always splited each while other team is full of team
What do you suggest to do? I will implement it if it is reasonable to do so

Btw, the AI also know how to use all Hook Modifier Items except Freezing Hook. It also know how to use Magic Wand in a lifesaving way.

EDIT: Poll Added.

Last edited:
Level 32
227608-albums7473-picture98154.png

Heroes spawn here. I found out about this when an AI, which I couldn't see due to the cliff, hooked me dead from their. If a player spawns there, there sadly isn't any suicide mechanic nor jump ability to get away from it unless the player is lucky to get hooked from an enemy AI.

Also, if you can do anything about AI targeting you from outside the fog of war, from where a player can't see, it'd be great. All of my friends agreed that this is an issue when we went three on three normal AI. Sure, we could use items such as the ward, but that's a set back for the player still as they'd have to waste a spot on something they didn't wish they were forced to deal with.

But in a multiplayer match, the game gets extremely exiting and stresses teamwork unlike the super majority of team hero arenas. It requires people to stick together because taking an enemy one on one, player or AI, is just too risky. Flanks and ambushes will happen in multiplayer.

I say you just fix those two things, then you'd deserve a four. The terrain was fantastic and you found a great balance in the amount of decor around. It's definetely balanced, polished, and creative for a team arena map. The added flexibility in game modes was executed decently, but should you add more modes, such as CTF and domination / zone control, you'd be catering to more players.

Your map still has 3MB+ space to make it work btw.

Last edited:
Level 22
Heroes spawn here. I found out about this when an AI, which I couldn't see due to the cliff, hooked me dead from their. If a player spawns there, there sadly isn't any suicide mechanic nor jump ability to get away from it unless the player is lucky to get hooked from an enemy AI.

Hmmm, I wonder how players should have spawn there. Anyway I changed the coordinate condition to really make sure the player won't spawn there.
From
JASS:
elseif ( x > 902 and x < 1350 and y > -2550 and y < -2170) then
to
JASS:
elseif ( x > 840 and x < 1350 and y > -2550 and y < -2170) then

There is an unstuck mechanic by typing -unstuck. Players will be paused for 40 seconds, then after 40 seconds, the player will be moved to a new unstucked location. You can also cancel it if you happen to get hook and escape the unstuck location by typing -nounstuck so the Player is no longer paused. This commands are shown when F9 is pressed.

Also, if you can do anything about AI targeting you from outside the fog of war, from where a player can't see, it'd be great. All of my friends agreed that this is an issue when we went three on three normal AI. Sure, we could use items such as the ward, but that's a set back for the player still as they'd have to waste a spot on something they didn't wish they were forced to deal with.

I'm pretty sure that the AI cannot just blind hook out of nowhere. To be exact, I coded it such that AI can only hook you in fog if they have seen you in the last 3-4 (EASY), 5-6 (NORMAL), 8-10 (INSANE) seconds.

The added flexibility in game modes was executed decently, but should you add more modes, such as CTF and domination / zone control, you'll be catering to more players.

Your map still has 3MB+ space to make it work btw.

Looks like I still need another update. I will add more modes which you have also mentioned in your original review.

Level 22
I see a lot of updates were made since i last played.I'll play it again now

Yeah, that update must have been the biggest update ever in my map.

I'm also planning to update it to v2.8 to add more modes (CTF, Zone control, etc.) as suggested by SCN for the map to have a higher mod rating. I will also fix some things pointed by Shadow Fury.

Level 19
Pudge hook wars!

Over view:

Pudge hook wars is a great starter course to a lan match.

I have yet to play it with my friends,but it resembles many of the games I've played just to get into the mood of playing.

It's a death match type of game, brilliant for jesting with friends and being totally killed again and again.

as a solo game against the AI, it is still pretty entertaining but overly pointless without friends to joke and laugh with you over many wins and loses.

Game play:

The game play is... 2-D. It's more or less search, destroy, survive. Whether you win or loose is mainly based on luck. If you search for opponents, you always have to just hope you find a weak opponent because usually it's hard to run away from a strong one.

Relics/Runes pop up quite frequently during game play. They only appear in 2 locations on the map, so generally you could just sit around and wait for them.

Most of the benefits they provide are handy but in my opinion the only one that really worked for me was lightning.

Lightning sends down a air strike of death across the map, killing any opponent on low life points.

BRILLIANT!

Some of the other runes are

Speed
Damage
Extended sight
and... I think hook extension or something

look and feel:

it's a small map. I would have liked it if it was a slightly bigger map where more strategies could have been implemented. I have some ideas on this topic if you are willing to hear, but over all the look and feel was estranged to the meaty butcher creatures you fought with.

abilities and items:

The abilities are unique, the items basic which really helps you get used to the game and makes the best of purchases.

hmm I believe that is all to be said, vm me if you think I'm out of line anywhere or if I need to add a bit more detail into what I've said...

Level 22
I found a bug,
Living Parasite:
Spell shows lvl 1 at all levels at column
When caster has actived rot before, then living parasite did full damage plus no CD.

I tried playing and I did not see any bug.
Living Parasite goes on cooldown everytime with Rot. The damage was also not full, only a portion.

However after using that ability, I feel that it is a little weak so I will balance that spell in the next update.

Level 22
I will just post it here since nobody notice it when I post it in the main description.

Upcoming Version 2.8 Changes.

MAIN:
- Added a lot of new game modes

NON-TEAM MODE:

- FREE FOR ALL: (-ffa <number of kills winning condition>)
Kill as many other players as possible. Once the winning condition is met , the game is over and the winner is the player that accumulated the greatest number of kills. Players initally spawn at a random location. A Player that dies will respawn at a random location away from enemies after the respawn timer (value depending on the player's level) expires.

TEAM MODES: (TEAM 1: Players 1-6, TEAM 2: Players 7-12)
- TEAM DEATH MATCH: (-tdm <number of team kills winning condition>)
The players are organized into two teams, with each team having its own kill count. The team's kill count is total kill of all the members of the team. The game is over when the winning condition is met and the team that accumulated the greatest number of kills win. Players initally spawn at their team's base. A Player that dies will respawn at a random location away from enemies after the respawn timer (value depending on the player's level) expires.

- CAPTURE THE FLAG: (-ctf <number of flag capture winning conditions>)
The goal of the game is to retrieve the opposing team's flag whilst keeping their own from being captured. Players initially spawn at their base where the flag is located. A team can only capture the opposing team's flag. The flag is dropped when the player carrying it dies. Players initally spawn at their team's base. Dead players will only respawn after each round. Once the winning condition is met, the game is over and the team with the most number of flag captured wins.

- ZONE CONTROL MATCH: (-zcm <zone life>)
The goal of the game is to decrease the opposing team's Zone Life to zero. Each casualty reduces the Zone Life by one. The map has four Zones (NW, NE, SW, SE) and the Team possessing a significant majority of the Zones causes the other team's Zone Life to gradually decrease, regardless of casualties. Players initally spawn at their team's base, which is already an occupied Zone. A Player that dies will respawn at the selected Zone occupied by his team after the respawn timer (value depending on the player's level) expires. When a team has no occupied Zone, players of that team cannot respawn. To occupy a Zone, players must stand in proximity of the Zone to initiate capturing it, and stay in proximity until it is all the way captured. Multiple teammates in proximity speed up this process. Having enemies within the proximity slows or even stops this process depending on their number.

- KILL TARGET MATCH: (-ktm <number of target kills winning condition>)
Each round, a random member of the team will become the opposing team's target. The goal of each round is to kill the target of your team before the opposing team does. Once a team has successfully kill their target, the round ends and a new target is randomly selected. Players initally spawn at their team's base. Dead players will only respawn after each round. Once the winning condition is met, the game is over and the team that were able to kill its target the most win.

- Reworked Game Mode Selection.
- Improved AI and optimized a lot of AI triggers.

- AI now buys more items
- AI can now dodge hook if they see an enemy Hook coming.
- AI will immediately destroy an enemy item in range.

- Revised the outdated AI System
- Revised the outdated AI Purchasing System
- Changed Models of Shop to fit the Dota 2 theme.
- Changed Icons of Hook Damage Upgrade, Hook Range Upgrade, Hook Cooldown, Dismember Cooldown.
- Rune of Invisibility now grants Permanent Invisibility for 25 seconds with a 2.5 second fade delay. It will also hide the unit in the minimap.
- Optimized a few triggers.
- Added Poison Effect (DPS) to Carcass Disease Outburst.

BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed respawning with Rot activated.

EXTRAS:
- Added more Doodads, more Trees, and new Ground Texture.
- Changed few of the Buy-able spell's graphic effects.
- Added an optional automatic Camera when respawning.
- Added -high exp and -high gold commands to make the AI more difficult.
- Re-balanced Buy-able abilities.

Additional Game Modes - DONE
Reworking of Systems - NOT DONE
New Game Mode Selection - DONE
Terrain and Doodads changes - DONE
2D art changes - NOT DONE
New Models - DONE
Optimized new models - NOT DONE
Final Testings - NOT DONE

Last edited:
Level 22
Hello people, I officially started working on the next update yesterday and some questions come into my mind.
1. Do you think Teams should be able to capture their own flag so they can Hide it and Return it when near the enemy base?
2. Is it better if you can Hook a flag?

I encourage answers and suggestions for this next update. Thanks.

Level 21
1. Do you think Teams should be able to capture their own flag so they can Hide it and Return it when near the enemy base?

Absolutely NO! It would make the game too hard and tedious.

2. Is it better if you can Hook a flag?

Absolutely YES! Hooking the flag would make things much more exciting. You got two options: Hook the flag and get to your base or hook the enemy to kill them.

Level 22
Thanks for answering Shadow Fury.

I got another question and I highly encourage people who wants to help v2.8 development to suggest what you think so that not only my opinion matters (because my opinion is mostly different from the majority). +rep to those you give their opinion.

In Zone Control Match, players select an occupied zone to where they will respawn. If the Death Timer expires and the player hasn't selected a respawn zone yet, do you want the player to
a.) respawn at a random occupied zone?
b.) he will not respawn as long as he does not select the Zone he will respawn to? (but selecting a Zone at an expired death timer will immediately respawn him)

Which is better, a or b?

In Capture the Flag, is this a good idea?
"You can carry your team flag and hook it but the two flags from each team is always visible on the minimap."

Last edited:
Level 21
In Zone Control Match, players select an occupied zone to where they will respawn. If the Death Timer expires and the player hasn't selected a respawn zone yet, do you want the player to
a.) respawn at a random occupied zone?
b.) he will not respawn as long as he does not select the Zone he will respawn to? (but selecting a Zone at an expired death timer will immediately respawn him)

Which is better, a or b?

I think b would be better because if the user goes afk, the team doesn't want a stupid pudge standing idle. It's a sure kill for the enemy team which means +free gold and experience.

In Capture the Flag, is this a good idea?
"You can carry your team flag and hook it but the two flags from each team is always visible on the minimap."

No, it is not. This really ruins the game because when you plan to ambush the enemy and take the flag from a specific point, it is eventually moved away by someone, making the game interminable and boring.

Level 22
I think b would be better because if the user goes afk, the team doesn't want a stupid pudge standing idle. It's a sure kill for the enemy team which means +free gold and experience.

No, it is not. This really ruins the game because when you plan to ambush the enemy and take the flag from a specific point, it is eventually moved away by someone, making the game interminable and boring.

Thanks again. Good thingI already coded option B and haven't coded the CTF flag being always visible. If you did not comment earlier, i would have waste time coding it only finding out later it is not a good idea.

Level 22
Your CD indicators are IMBA ! gj :)

Show me how you did it, pleas.

Thanks! I will VM it to you later when I'm on my pc.

Speaking of this, v2.8 release will be greatly delayed because I'm very busy with school stuffs.
Shigeru Miyamoto said:
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.
I can upload WIPS here if needed.

Level 6
Oh, sorry i thought you can introduce any value you want in that CD indicator, i think you use a custom cooldown indicator model, true ?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Holy shiet, for a moment i thought it was dota 2 fan map, but then i realized it was an actual map for wc3. Damn.

Well i got to say, you did an amazing job of porting the dota 2 ui along with models, items and terrain.

I love pudge wars, and if this is anything like that (+ it has ai) i will most likely love it.
Will d/l and try it out soon.

Level 6
I see other AI getting better items, but i don't see the recipes for them or how can i get them. That should be noted or said in the game. Otherwise, really fun to play. 4/5

Level 22
I see other AI getting better items, but i don't see the recipes for them or how can i get them. That should be noted or said in the game. Otherwise, really fun to play. 4/5

In the Black Market. If you have an AI ally, type " " <space> in chat to open AI command and select Ask Black Market Location. Your ally will Ping the location of the Black Market, but you need True Sight to see it.
If you don't have ally, focus on the Minimap at exactly 1 sec after map finished loading because it will show where Black Market is. Every 9 mins (or 8, I can't remember), it changes its location and gives Aegis of Immortality depending on who got the best stat.