1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE!!!!!!! How to create my own texture?

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Vojife, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Vojife

Vojife
    I need help with making textures. :grin: :bored:

2. ghenjis

ghenjis
  3. Gilles

Gilles
    Neither would I ask that in here, but I wouldn't ever ask it like that.

A) A sentence of "I need help with making textures" is usually not met with a polite response. Try expanding. "Hi, I would like to start making my own textures. I have already looked at some of the tutorials, but I need more help. *This is where you explain what you are having trouble doing, because you have already tired and cannot seem to figure it out.*"

Never never just ask in such a general way. The way you ask it, you don't seem to even have an idea of where to start. Best thing to do is look at the tutorials.

B) Never add the smilies. Nothing screams noob like smilies after a really short sentence. And never use two in a row.

C) Never title a thread with more than one exclamation mark. It's another noob signature.

I don't mean to be rude, only informative. Hope it helps.

4. Nudl9

Nudl9
    Search in the forums, thats how ;)

5. Darkholme

Darkholme
    [Edit] This message was me being mean and unpleasant to the OP due to the same reasons posted above by others.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  6. Darkholme

Darkholme
    My bad. I shouldn't have said that.

I guess I'm just starting to see why people get annoyed when someone asks these sorts of questions without making any attempts on their own, looking at posts in the forum, or looking at any tutorials anywhere.

7. Belgarath

Belgarath
    Weeeeell, you get an i-m-a-g-e e-d-i-t-i-n-g program, like p-a-i-n-t and you export a t-e-x-t-u-r-e (these are .blp files) and you e-d-i-t it in your p-a-i-n-t program while it's another file type and then you i-m-p-o-r-t it and that doesn't have anything to do with terrain.

By the way, Gilles, you can dish out -rep?

8. Darkholme

Darkholme
    hes a mod, so i believe so.

9. Gilles

Gilles
    No problem, it does get frustrating. I held myself back there too. Remember that you can delete posts, as I did.

And yes, Belgarath, I can give out -rep.

10. frostwhisper

frostwhisper
    Then use your almighty power. ]:)