1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Mr.Goblin is once again hosting the Art Live Stream on August 23. Follow it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help teach me to draw an anime cat

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by Brambleclaw, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw
    Hi ive been trying to draw some anime cats. And well its not going so well so i was gonna ask for some help.
    So can somone give me a basic guide on how to draw a cat like this
    As i am new to drawing not very good at it and want to learn. Also i really dont know where to start. Ive tried the head and from the tail and the feet but im not sure. Where to start.
    Great thanks if you could teach me how to draw Thanks and +rep :D ty for your time

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/161/3/0/Jayfeather_Poppyfrosts_Family_by_Paintpaw.png

2. Ecrolls

Ecrolls
    What i find best is to draw the inner features first, then go outward, otherwise you end up with a squished face. There is only a limited amount you can learn about drawing if someone tells you how. It all depends on your perception of form: if you see and think of things as flat they will be flat. Etc etc. I advise going to youtube and watching markcrilley videos if you are into anime drawing styles. Study real cat anatomy too, it helps since anime is mostly exaggeration of lines and features in things.

P.S DONT ASK HOW TO DRAW
    Be more specific rather "im shit plz help plox pl0x" signals which you are giving out right now. We can't help you if you write like a retard. I have a feeling you wrote this on impulse so it won't matter anyway.

3. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw
    Thanks? ill try that

4. Ecrolls

Ecrolls
    Besides, i am not trained, i am very sure others can help you more with this but it takes a lot of practice.
    Is that picture made by you? Its quite epic

5. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw
    No its what im trying to learn to draw D=

6. Ecrolls

Ecrolls
    :O
    That is pathetically easy to draw with a pencil but it is nice to see you are not overstretching yourself :p
    joke, that would take me a lot of thought to do, harder than imitating a picture or anything else.