• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Patch 1.27b Aftermath] Blizzard Classic still seems hard at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Following the recent patch, I like many others, felt a bit unsure in the direction Blizzard was going with Wc3. That's because, despite the map size increase, Blizzard failed to deliver the promises that were suppose to come with 1.27b (map pool, balance changes, major bug fixes ect...). Furthermore, the communication between patch 1.27a - 1.27b was somewhat disapointing. No updates, no video annnouncements like they did for 1.27a and they seemed to release the patch out of nowhere, without any patch notes for some reason (initially).

Though I am happy to say, many of my worries faded as a read the battle.net classic forums. The classic team is clearly very active over there. They have also claimed to have internally fixed some bugs, like the cinematics issues, and will release these fixes in upcomming patches. They have also commented that they are aware of other issues an are actively trying to fix them!
Anyway, I just wanted to post this so that people stay hopeful for the awesomeness to come :)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Very bitter posters. However it's clear that Blizzard has a road map which happens to include classic games. I mean that the community is not at any role in this case, but there's a fixed schedule for classic games (which means that the posters play the role of complete annoyance exceptionally well), whereas for example in SC2 there are employees assigned to reading community feedback and balance changes are in a key role in patches.

What comes to promises, I'm unable to find that b.net news post that promises new map pool and balance stuff, I mean the screenshot people are spreading.

I don't understand the hate for blizzard about every single patch. They added the filesize limit to 1.27b we have been requesting for AGES.

The only thing I don't like is (and I fully agree on that) the lack of communication and transparency about what they are planning and doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.