• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paladin of the Alliance Crusade

So this model was supposed to represent an older version of Arthas Menethil, but it can be used as any other Paladin model.
The model features edited in game animations and some custom ones (spell slam).
I'd like to thank Direfury for the idea with team colored cape. I saw he used the method on some of his models and I 'stole it'.
Also big thanks to paladinjst for motivating me to keep modeling.

Give credits and enjoy. :)
Previews
Contents

Paladin of the Alliance Crusade (Model)

Paladin of the Alliance Crusade_Portrait (Model)

Level 34
Reivew: Approved

Man, that's a very smart idea to use that blue'ish segment of bloodmage texture for his alliance themed armour. Cape, hammer and all other elements of the model are also very very well done. It feels like they fit together very well to make this custom costume work. Colours are far from standard too, yet very Warcraft'ish. Face also looks way better then on your previous works (and on the ones that you uploaded with this one). In the portrait though it becomes clear how small his mouth is, but that's not fatal.

Everything works ok. Besides minor clipping and minor frame difference between animations they work out ok too. Those mesh effects in spell animations could use a lot polishing though. I did not find any dangerous bugs in game. Approved. Great job and keep this level of work up!

Last edited:
Level 8
The animations, the uvmapping, the weapon, the armor, the filesize, all of this model is awesome!!!

Just except for his face, looks like he's remembering a traumatic moment.

asd-png.250816