• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Must Stand v2.02

Lign Presents
ORC MUST STAND
Created by LIGN

ojgr3a.jpg

WHAT'S NEW
- A GRAND NEW BATTLEFIELD WHICH SETS THE STORY IN AN ANCIENT PROTOSS'S PLANET.
- NEW UNITS THAT HELP YOU IN FIGHTING THE BURNING HELL.

STORY
CHAPTER 1 - PREVIOUSLY in ORC MUST STAND v1.0
Two Battlecruisers of The Dominion and Space Pirates have been lost in a strange sector. After hours trying to kill each other, Both ships were heavily damaged and had to crash-land in the very forest of Ashenvale. Hopeless in finding a way home, the survivors encountered Tinker, an intelligent goblin who can repair their ship. But they must help him with a task - collecting the magical gold coins that guarded by savage beasts in the forest.
The leaking energy from the destroyed World Tree and the energy from both of the damaged Battlecruisers while they was crash-landing have collided, creating 4 gateways that connect to another world. Hundreds of evil monsters - the army of the Burning Hell stepped through the land, planning to destroy everything. The survivors have to cooperate and fight the Burning Hell or die for nothing.
CHAPTER 2 - ORC MUST STAND v2.0
COMING SOON...

SCREENSHOT

98h5aw.jpg

34rhg0n.jpg

2ue7jw8.jpg

20f3hau.jpg

GAMEPLAY

- 3 game modes: DEATHMATCH, BEAST HUNT and THE BURNING HELL.
- Default attack of heroes has been disabled, instead they use ability to activate their weapons.
- Heroes don't use Armor anymore, instead they use Shield system.
- Each player is given a Pocket Factory, use it to buy 3 types of abilities.

CREDITS
CHANGE LOG

- Blizzard Entertainment.
- General Frank for all of his models, icons.
- Music from Starcraft II - Wings of Liberty.
- looking for help for Physical Damage Detection.
- leonguyen112 for Item system.
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY for explosion models.
- UgoUgo for Meteor Strike model (Just like Age of Mythology...awesome).
- Paladon for Jump system, Knockback system and Telekinesis spell.
- DeathChef for Selection Circle.
- Bribe for Items Cleanup system.
- modafoka for Futuristic/Space UI.
- rev36, Owa for Cooldown UI.
- HerrDave for Spruce Tree model.
- ALEXz407 for Command Buttons Stacking.
- D.O.G for Pill model.
- Epsilon for grenade model.
- All icon, model makers and tutorials on hiveworkshop.

Blizzard Entertainment's Starcraft 2 icons,...

-Upload on Hive.

-Hero can move while reloading but cannot use ability.

-Used new tree model.
-Beasts can attack now.

-Bigger river area.
-2 types of runes: Health and Gift. Gift randomly gives 200 gold or 200 ammo.
-Fixed some problem with map bounds.

-Used command buttons stacking.
-Changed "Rune of Health" to "Healing Capsule".

-Removed JUMP ability. Instead each hero has their own unique ability.
-Removed SPRINT ability from the factory.
-Added FORCE FIELD into the factory.

-Reduced attack damage and attack range of Marauder.
-Increased attack damage of Firebat.
-Changed starting health and movement speed of heroes.

-Added new mode: THE BURNING HELL.
-Fixed a small bug that stops a hero to attack while another hero starts attacking.
-Added new item and fixed some old items.

-Replaced the old custom music with 2 soundtracks from Starcraft II - Wings of Liberty.

-Added system which allows you to lock selection or camera on your hero.
-THE BURNING HELL MODE:
+Fixed problems which caused some bosses couldn't cast spells.
+Heroes will be given additional ammo and have fully restored health when a new round start.
---Version 1.9S---
-Fixed some problems in gameplay.
-Heroes will have JUMP ability in The Burning Hell mode.

-Changed the terrain.
-BURNING HELL MODE: Added Collosus into the battlefield.
---Version 2.01---
-Collosus's attack stuns, slows and reduces attack damage of enemies.
---Version 2.02---
-Removed lag from changing music.

MY NOTES - New Update

---Vervison 2.0---
- Changed the terrain.
- BURNING HELL MODE: Added Collosus into the battlefield.
---Version 2.01---
-Collosus's attack stuns, slows and reduces attack damage of enemies.
---Version 2.02---
-Removed lag from changing music.
----------------------------------
- Hope you enjoy this map =)

Contents

Orc Must Stand v2.02 (Map)

What can I say?
- Decent Preview Image/Loading Screen
- Decent Terrain
- Decent Gameplay
- Decent Items
- Decent Systems
- Decent Imports

- Normally I rate maps with this quality as 4/5 but I definitely think this one deserves a 5/5, however I encountered some problems at keeping track of my ammo coz the items doesn't change and there are clumsy ways of refilling it, hence I'll rate this map 4/5, will change my rating to 5/5 when necessary changes are applied

- You can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my rating then I'll gladly remove my rating and comment.

Level 6
What can I say?
- Decent Preview Image/Loading Screen
- Decent Terrain
- Decent Gameplay
- Decent Items
- Decent Systems
- Decent Imports

- Normally I rate maps with this quality as 4/5 but I definitely think this one deserves a 5/5, however I encountered some problems at keeping track of my ammo coz the items doesn't change and there are clumsy ways of refilling it, hence I'll rate this map 4/5, will change my rating to 5/5 when necessary changes are applied

- You can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my rating then I'll gladly remove my rating and comment.
- Thank you for the review. I've just uploaded version 1.1. Now while heroes're reloading ammo, they can move but cannot use abilities.
- About tracking your ammo, you can see that ammo item has a number of charge (at the beginning each hero has 500 charge), that's the nummber of ammo you can use for reloading. I guest maybe the number's so small that you couldn't see it.
- If there's any problem just tell me and I'll fix it asap. Thanks again :grin:

Last edited:
Level 14
Hey Lign,

the story introduction in this thread is very interesting! Actually I was a bit dissapointed, that this is not an RPG, that brings these 2 fations in contact with the real wc3 story or something.

The gameplay is actually pretty cool, because it is designed/programmed very nicely, and I think it may be a lot of fun against some more human players.

I suggest, that you add an info, that buying a new ability will remove another similar one.

Also, I think it is strange, that creeps do not defend themselves ...

Level 6
Hey Lign,

the story introduction in this thread is very interesting! Actually I was a bit dissapointed, that this is not an RPG, that brings these 2 fations in contact with the real wc3 story or something.

The gameplay is actually pretty cool, because it is designed/programmed very nicely, and I think it may be a lot of fun against some more human players.

I suggest, that you add an info, that buying a new ability will remove another similar one.

Also, I think it is strange, that creeps do not defend themselves ...
Well, at the beginning, I planned to make this to be like Left 4 Dead, 5 space orcs move through different locatons, shoot some zombies and meet some War3 characters. But right now I don't have a lot of time to do such an amount of work. So I thought it will be more fun (and easier) with a small arena where people can kill each other (just like the classic Pudge War) and I could focus on the gameplay rather than the story.
Anyway, thanks for you feedback. I've just added the info and made the creeps can attack unit.

Last edited:
Level 14
I see, so I think you exactly achieved your goal :) I think, adding an "AI" would be too much then as well, due to time ...

If you got some time later on, I would recommend you to develop that RPG thing in the same story universe, it sounds very interesting and new. Well, not shooting zombies, but the rest..

Level 23
Usually, I would (1) give a multiplayer map a quick solo test before (2) taking it to true multiplayer.
Then I would give my verdict.

I stopped at step 1.
Because the systems, user experience and overall polish of this map are just too good.
- The UI is amazingly clean, every element is used for something.
- There are no extra buildings/units, anything that can be selected does something related to the game. Having critters with locust is a very underrated feature.
- You used the different Upkeep states to send important messages, such as when a round starts; incredible.
- Attacks on right click, for context; this map uses a manual aim custom attack. Having it control is fluidly as the standard auto-attack is excellent.
-
Jumps are very fluid, being able to target anywhere and at any distance was also great.

All these things are features that keep a fast-moving arena map a blast to control and play.
Everything is neat, straightforward and handles amazingly.
That alone is grounds from approval.
Why? because this is a modding site, thus I believe that a map can be approved on sheer technical excellence.
Even if the balance somehow made it unplayable; it functions as a showpiece that I think users could learn from.

TLDR Version
Review version ~ v1.2 - 26/9/16
- Arena/shooter, 2 game modes.
- Amazing controls and polish; worth studying if your'e planning to make such a map.
full
Seal of Excellence; this map impressed me with how well made it is.
~ Map Approved

Last edited:
Level 4
Ey hello man dat new mode:THE BURNING HELL is awesome i love it!
Thanks for update this man! You have 5/5 just for all awesome models , gameplay ,etc.Gameplay in this game is amazing i love game like dat with fast paced style. GG Hf Have a good day sir!