• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] One map campaign

Should Grom Hellscream be a part of this?

• yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • yes, but customized.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making an 256x256 barrens Orc Campaign starring: Thrall Hellscream, Cairne Bloodhoof, Vol'Jin, Gar'Thok and Naz'grel.
Roughly 45% of the map has already been filled with beautiful valleys, Canyons, Chaotic Crevasses slicing true the desert, The grassy landscapes of Mulgore, Former Ogrimmar (You'll establish your base in a Valley occupied by Cairne after the Razormane's attack in order to Claim the resourceful valley for there own.), A beautiful Desert coast all the way true the map, and just some mountains (Stonetalon Peak, and former Thunderbluff), Dragon liar.
The map so far has 3 Main Quests, and 1 optional Quest.

But the reason I'm here is for Advice...
I've made every unit (excluding buildings) 20% smaller. Not only scale, but also Collision size, MOVspeed, selection scale, and even there shadows. I did this because the barrens is really, really big, and also because building in WC3 are somewhat to big. Do you prefer this or not.

Also, I've added tons of custom units: Quilbeasts lv2, Aggressive Boar lv1, Mottled Boar lv2, Enraged Quilbeasts lv3, Razormane Champion lv5, Quilboar Hunter lv5, Centaur Marauder lv6, Centaur sharpshooter lv6, Quilbeast Alpha Male lv4, Azure Dragon lv11 (Miniboss), and Elder Wildkin (A.K.A Bear God) lv9 (Miniboss). Tell me what skills/abilities I should give these units. * ALL OF THESE UNITS ARE ALLREADY 20% SMALLER *

I also have changed some traditional types of Armour; Heavy = metal, Light = Cloth, Medium = Beast, Unarmoured = Skin, all of these new defence types are fully custom, have custom icons, have custom resistances and weaknesses, but the description won't show up properly... Like only showing 2 sentences of text while I've successfully added 4. (I checked it)

But so far, this project is going great and the all units 20% smaller method really works and I also regularly compare sizes of units to grunts to keep it as realistic as possible.

Want some Pictures, show support, give suggestions or more information regarding this huge project, please reply and let me know.

Attachments

• onemapcampaign1.PNG
    onemapcampaign1.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 295
  • Onemapcampaign2.PNG
    Onemapcampaign2.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
  • Onemapcampaign3.PNG
    Onemapcampaign3.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 231
  • Onemapcampaign5.PNG
    Onemapcampaign5.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 219
  • onemapcampaign4.PNG
    onemapcampaign4.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 223
Level 2
I wonder, if it is going to one map campaign. Will there be at least 2 player co-op?

Also do you use WE unlimited? There is an option to add a lot of ground tiles to the tileset, I mean if 256x256 map is only barrens build with basic barrens tileset - it will look boring.

No, I'm not really an experienced map maker yet.. To be honest, I don't even know what WE unlimited is... But I'll take a good look at it, and if you are right about more tile sets this WE-thing will prove useful indeed.

I'm not sure about 2 player co-op yet, but I have to say it is very likely a strong possibility. I think for now I'll just focus on the release the Single Player map first, then I'll decide if I make it 2 player Co-op.

Progress Update #1
- The Poll where I asked about Grom Hellsream is closed and he'll be in the campaign, but customized.
- In the official announcement I've said that about 45% of the map is done, now it's almost 60% done.
- Divine/God armor will be changed into Boss armor.
Damage taken from : %
Normal : 65%
Pierce : 65%
Siege : 50%
Magic : 80%
Spells : 100%
Hero : 110%
Chaos: 120%
- Unit sizes decreased with 20%, building sizes increased with 10-25%
- Hidden a bunch of tomes across the map. 5 drop from units/mini-bosses, and 2 are very well hidden.
- Added Thunder Bluff AND Mulgore
- Increased difficulty (a bit)

Feel free to ask any questions, give any feedback, or give any suggestions.
I will read/reply to ALL of them.

Level 2
Progress Update #1
- The Poll where I asked about Grom Hellsream is closed and he'll be in the campaign, but customized.
- In the official announcement I've said that about 45% of the map is done, now it's almost 60% done.
- Divine/God armor will be changed into Boss armor.
- Unit sizes decreased with 20%, building sizes increased with 10-25%
- Hidden a bunch of tomes across the map. 5 drop from units/mini-bosses, and 2 are very well hidden.
- Added Thunder Bluff AND Mulgore
- Increased difficulty (a bit)

Feel free to ask any questions, give any feedback, or give any suggestions.
I will read/reply to ALL of them.
Can I play some sort of beta version?

Looks good. Looking forward for the beta.
I don't know how busy the rest of the vacation will be for me, but I averagely work on it for 2.5 hours per day. I'm not really too productive, but I do my best to make the map look as beautiful as possible with a downside that I haven't done too much regarding triggers yet... If I will in fact give out an beta version, it will be in a couple of days, but there will be very standard quests, poor/unfinished Quests/Quest messages, and most importantly, there will be 3 Human bases without a purpose sitting in the desert, so the choice is yours.
Poor beta in a couple of days, but the layout/doodads will be done.
Beta version in *maybe more than* a week with functioning quests, thrilling story line, *maybe a REspawn system from a member called maddeem*, and much more stuff as soon as I come up with it.

Level 2
it's a very interesting proposal, i recommend to make the map interactive, for example limited time optionals quests that affect the result of the game or simultaneous main quests and the player(s) have to decide what to choose

Level 8
But the reason I'm here is for Advice...
I've made every unit (excluding buildings) 20% smaller. Not only scale, but also Collision size, MOVspeed, selection scale, and even there shadows. I did this because the barrens is really, really big, and also because building in WC3 are somewhat to big. Do you prefer this or not.

Scaling everything down would allow you to use as much space as possible to create a larger world within the same sized map is quite a brilliant idea. Are you going to edit the camera along with these changes (i.e: zoom in a bit so that they look relatively the same size as they normally would) or keep it the same height to give a broader view of the on-screen map?

Scaling everything down would allow you to use as much space as possible to create a larger world within the same sized map is quite a brilliant idea. Are you going to edit the camera along with these changes (i.e: zoom in a bit so that they look relatively the same size as they normally would) or keep it the same height to give a broader view of the on-screen map?
No, I won't change the standard game view distance because the terrain will look ugly...

it's a very interesting proposal, i recommend to make the map interactive, for example limited time optionals quests that affect the result of the game or simultaneous main quests and the player(s) have to decide what to choose
My original idea was to make a custom time line where Thrall has chosen to build Ogrimmar as soon as he arrives in Kalimdor in a ''bonus campaign-like environment''.
As soon as you arrive, Gar'thok and Thrall discuss about the safety of these Barren landscapes. Thrall decides to go search for the two ships that were separated from the rest of the fleet. One was just a regular transportation ship with only a few troops on board, but one was the cargo ship with supplies, recourses, and many troops (Including Naz'grel and Drek'thar), when Thrall enters in the valley the Tauren, the valley will be attacked by a large group of Quilboars. In return for saving the Village, Cairne gives you two Taurens to aid you in the rescue of Drek'thar and Naz'grel. After this, you will be able to build Ogrimmar, but the Humans will attack you if you do. You are now to kill the Military base of the Humans. After doing this, Jaina will personally visit Ogrimmar to ask Thrall for Peace.
Now Cairne will return saying Thunder Bluff is under siege by an human strike force. Upon blaming Jaina for it, Ogrimmar will be attacked again. Now Jaina proofs it isn't her, but she recognises the sigel on the shields of the dead attackers... Admiral Proudmourne...

Level 2
My original idea was to make a custom time line where Thrall has chosen to build Ogrimmar as soon as he arrives in Kalimdor in a ''bonus campaign-like environment''.

sounds great, it reminds me to the Rexxar bonus quest, and with the Horde wich are the best faction:thumbs_up:

Level 6
I'm not really too productive, but I do my best to make the map look as beautiful as possible with a downside that I haven't done too much regarding triggers yet... Beta version in *maybe more than* a week with functioning quests, thrilling story line, *maybe a REspawn system from a member called maddeem*, and much more stuff as soon as I come up with it.[/COLOR]

Second choice is always preferable.

Progress update #2
+ Added Camp Taurajo
+ Made custom spells for Thrall
+ Made Thorn-vine valley (The place where the Quilboars live)
+ Added the rare ''Blue Thunder Lizard''
+ Added Herding Kodo Beasts
+ Finished Mul'gore
+ Added admiral proudmourne's bases
? Might add a medium sized submap

NOTE: the internet on my computer is dead, I'm typing this on my laptop. This WON'T slow down the progress on the map, and I am able to upload via an USB.

I would say the map is 80% done for the layout and terraining, and about 60% done for the triggers and quests, but the story elements are a full 100% done.

Status
Not open for further replies.