• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NFWar's Sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I found a cool online painting site where I am sketching.
http://www.onemotion.com/flash/sketch-paint/
Sketches looks like created with pen tablet, that is why I like it. Too bad it have no layers and lack of tools. Anyway, here I will place sketches; lotz of dem...

And here they are...

Attachments

• BadlyOrganizedNatureSketch.jpg
    BadlyOrganizedNatureSketch.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Dwarf.jpg
    Dwarf.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 636
  • ElfSketch.jpg
    ElfSketch.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 340
  • TehUndead.jpg
    TehUndead.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 353
  • AnimeGuy.jpg
    AnimeGuy.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 453
  • WorgenAssasin.jpg
    WorgenAssasin.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 378
  • Night Elf Druid 2.jpg
    Night Elf Druid 2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • HouseNearEarthCrack.jpg
    HouseNearEarthCrack.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,217
Last edited:
Level 10
Hmm, looks nice from what I see. And looks like an advanced drawing program/website/flash. I Love it how it looks awesome whatever you draw (I've actually tried drawing with the mouse... I drew a nice protoss ^^)

Well, it seems this program's a little vague with formats. It only saves as JPGs, and I hate that format, because of the edges so... I dunno how to call it. But it turned out great nonetheless. I find this program much easier for sketching than photoshop for some reason. ^^

Last edited:
I saw how people are making insane artworks... style of lineart.. shading style... proportions, detalization level, imagination... so hard to imagine how people are creating such a things. Just insane... I am not even close to those people. Anyway... I one to be one of them, meaby in tat way I will proove to myself what I am someone... Sketching time! I have to make more! I feel like i have got something!

Attachments

• Sketching.jpg
    Sketching.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 367
I saw how people are making insane artworks... style of lineart.. shading style... proportions, detalization level, imagination... so hard to imagine how people are creating such a things. Just insane... I am not even close to those people. Anyway... I one to be one of them, meaby in tat way I will proove to myself what I am someone... Sketching time! I have to make more! I feel like i have got something!

Well, it's true they SEEM to be in their own league, but everone has their own style, that's what makes art interesting. Build on that, be confident in what you do. There's no such thing as "better/worse" in art.

In order to train my drawing skills with graphic tablet, I made a comic for Minecraft. It is not perfect, crappy lines unacuracity and such. I cant controll my hand with pen in it, but I can do so with mouse much more bettre. But mouse drawings are unofficient. There is no pro artist that draw with mouse and cant draw with tablet. So.. I have to learn too..

Here is the comic. Meaby you will laugh...

Minecraft%20Madness%20Comic.jpg

I am also planing to make three more of those. Here are scenarios for those:

Comic: "I like Eggs"

Character walks by window and sing something. Outside is day, sunny and near the fence is an egg. Character flashes to the window like he saw the egg but he understood it after a few seconds. He thinks of making an omlet or meaby about how cute will be a chiken that will come out of it. He opens the door, with alerting look he is looking around. Sneaks to an egg. He is picking it with a huge smile on his face. But when he is taking it at the hand, he realise that someone is standing on him. His smile goes away, and here comes a bit scared sad look at top. He see a creeper that is going to explode. He looks at the camera with *sigh* look and brows down. He is taking a sign and starting to write something on it, while creeper is looking on what he is writing from a side. Character shows the sign in camera with the same look as before. The sign says: "The F word...". And we can see on the next picture an explosion! The End.

Comic: "Hard difficulty"

Character is on wood cuting. He notices that the sun is almost down. He is starting to run at home as creatures of the night are starting to spawn. He comes at home, closes the door, and breath out all of his fear and worries. After he comes to the window and start laughting at evil creatures faces: "Ha! You cant get me even on Hard difficulty! Suckers!". Skeleton looks on Creeper and Creeper looks on Skeleton. Next picture: Skeleton places Creeper as an arrow at his bow and he is ready to release the string. Creeper have very happy evil smile on his face. Character can see this happening and he is looking on this with shoked face, jaw down and one eye tickling. He says : "IT... CANT... BE!!". Skeleton shoots the Creeper. Creeper while in the air have that very evil smile. Meaby I could make him say: 'It CAN BEEEEEE!" or.. "Alah agbaR!" or just making his SSsSSsSsssss noices. And the end a huge Explosion. The END.

Comic: "Sick Sheep"

Creeper walks in woods. He see a wild dog killing a sheep. Sheep leave one piece of whool. Creeper gets an evil smile. Moments later, Character exits his home and see a sheep nearby. Sheep have green face with huge sad smile on it, just like Creeper have (because it is a creeper that placed whool on his back). Sheep causes SsssSssss noices. Character says: "That sheep have to be ill..." and at the next picture he gets a very evil smile and like light shine from bottom on his face. He says: "But it dont stops me from taking that whool! Muhahaha". He goes on the sheep with huge shears and huge evil smile. Next picture. Creeper rises fast, and whool falls from his back, character is gasping and drops his shears into the air and screams! At that moment creeper says: "No YOU CANT!" and at the next picture... a huge explosion. The end.

Last edited:
no it is not, it differ a lot. Cant you see? lines are never streight, they are shaking. Drawing on this tablet reminds me how I was scratching with my nails a schoolboard! It is frigin hard >.< angles are so freaking annoying. I have to draw same line up to 20 times to make it as I need! :[ Also I cant place a line parralel to some otheR! They are always intersect!

no it is not, it differ a lot. Cant you see? lines are never streight, they are shaking. Drawing on this tablet reminds me how I was scratching with my nails a schoolboard! It is frigin hard >.< angles are so freaking annoying. I have to draw same line up to 20 times to make it as I need! :[ Also I cant place a line parralel to some otheR! They are always intersect!

You could combine both mouse and tablet, drawing the raw figures with the tablet and doing the fine lineart with your mouse.
Other than that, pressing SHIFT in gimp, you can draw a straight line from one point to another, though its opacity depends on how hard you push.

Status
Not open for further replies.