• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New patch 1.27b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
People have confirmed it worked.

Unless you have a really fast internet it might take a long time to upload, especially on cheaper or lower quality consumer grade connections. For example my old internet only had a maximum upload of 40 kB/second (bytes, not bits), which would mean uploading a 32 MB map (1/4 of the limit) would take ~15 minutes at best.

Level 14
People have confirmed it worked.

Unless you have a really fast internet it might take a long time to upload, especially on cheaper or lower quality consumer grade connections. For example my old internet only had a maximum upload of 40 kB/second (bytes, not bits), which would mean uploading a 32 MB map (1/4 of the limit) would take ~15 minutes at best.

Thank you, i guess i have to try with someone very close to me instead.

Edit: What if we have three people downloaded the map, then one host, others join but they stuck in 29%.

Last edited:
Level 14
29% of what? map downloading?
If it will attempt to download the map, its comparing algorithm (prolly hashes) thinks that the maps arent the same... or maybe, it cant find the map on the second player.

Its not moving from 0 to 29% or to 100%. This number just pop up right at the moment someone joining the host and keep staying at 29 later on.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It works on the official bots, though, so this might be a client-side error when hosting games.
It used to be pretty common when hosting games that the clients would get stuck or download unexplainably slowly. Solution was to rejoin and try again. I think its just an old error that is being made worse by the new map sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.