• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help using the Codes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I downloaded all the campaign maps, launched the human campaigh level 1 over LAN and played thru till the end with a friend. After completion i saw a code that came on the screen. What am i meant to do with this code? Am i meant to type it in chat? Are we both meant to type it in chat? Do i use -save or -load before it? I searched everywhere for a tutorial page and found nothing so i decided to ask here instead.

Level 1
Yeah thats what i'm playing. And yeah i know what the codes used for... carrying over data from the previous level about your heroes etc. But i just don't know HOW to use it. Like is it used with a command or just typed straight into chat or what.

Atm all i can do is play the first stage of the human campaign. If i try to load the 2nd level it just resets back to an empty select map screen. So i'm at a loss how to progress past stage 1.

Level 6
Apparently this isn't WEHZ (I'm having a hard time with the layout atm), try -load (code)? Shouldn't there be some quest or information that tells you how to? I'm even looking in the campaign information but I can't find anything pertaining to loading/saving. I assume it's mostly at the start of the game where you can do that to carry your info over.

Level 1
Thanks for responding.
I tried having both players type -load (code) at the start of level 1 to see if it would make us progress over but nothing happened. I've still got the code written in notepad.
There's also no instruction during the game on how to use the code. I'll try to upload a screenshot of the code screen.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_061116_230350_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061116_230350_01.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 251
Level 6
Have you tried playing the next map of the campaign? Does it not instruct you for loading something (that code basically)? I don't think they'd ask you to load somethng at the start of the first map. It's more of progression, since these maps aren't campaigns and don't normally carry over via multiplayer.

Level 1
Yeah when i try creating stage 2 of the human campaign it won't let me. When i select the map and hit create it just kind of hangs for a split second then resets to the map selection screen. I can host stage 1 map no worries, but any other part of the human campaign just resets back to map select screen.

Level 6
That's... super weird. Have you tried redownloading the map? etc.? Maybe there's an issue, I have no idea anyhow.

Level 19
You use the code by typing '-load ' followed by the code you received in the previous chapter. Note that there are a couple of chapters that give 2 code - for when you play with grom and for the thrall missions afterwards.
If you have trouble with the map, try shortening the folder names and make sure you have the latest version of the Frozen Throne (1.27)

Status
Not open for further replies.