• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I'll try to update this sketchbook whenever I draw something. Might help me train more will to draw, especially when I made lots of sketchbooks in many sites now.

file.php

file.php

Note: Not KKK robe. Semana Santa, a spanish fiesta.

file.php

Samurai.png

This I worked approximately 3 weeks on (pretty slow, I know) and I still haven't finished it. The lighting is just off, but I'm done for now.

Last edited:
Level 37
Definitely digging this sketch... I love how I can already imagine the environment and emotion just by him alone. I'm also loving how smooth the drapes are.

My only critique is that the knuckles on his left hand look a little awkward. I'm also not liking how insanely small and short the sheath is compared to the size of the sword xP The sheath looks like its something for a shortsword where as the sword itself looks like a broadsword.

Level 28
Regarding the sheath, I intended it to be a sheath for a smaller sword as the one he is currently carrying is two-handed. I was thinking on removing it, but it looks better with it. I guess I'll just add a handle or something, or turn it into a dagger sheath, we'll see. The knuckles are sharp because armored gloves have them like that, I think the issue is probably due to wrong anatomy and proportions, which I can't really figure out how to place correctly yet. Working on it though, thanks for pointing it out.

edit: Why did I write sheet instead of sheath 2 times wtf?

Last edited:
Level 10
His left arm needs more elbow bend or it needs to be closer to his body. If you stick out your arm straight and bend your wrist only, that's what it looks like he is doing, which to me doesn't seem natural. That would be okay if he was holding two swords though. Also how can he see? The eye slits are where his cheek is. Great drawing nonetheless :)

Level 28
Hey guys, didn't get to draw yesterday (no time). Today I couldn't do much as I was trying to learn Blocking (painting without lineart). Yeah, not really my thing. So I deleted most of the stuff I painted and tried to achieve something again, this time with a very sketchy lineart.

First post updated ^
(Note: This is not the KKK. It's the Semana Santa (a Spanish fiesta) robe.)

Roland

R

Roland

Nice portfolio, but god, that third one is creepy as hell..

Keep up the good work! :cgrin:

Level 37
The updated footman looks good :) the colors definitely helped fix the knuckle issue I said before. As DEE-BOO said, the arm looks a little unnatural and uncomfortable to look at xD I also think the 3 circle rings he has is extremely flat. Maybe try adding dimension to it?

Your second drawing looks insanely creepy, but good. You're really good at drawing drapes! I also love the color choice and the way they all blend together. Excellent job on that drawing.

Oo the anatomy of the dragon looks fierce. Did you use any reference pics or did you draw from your head? Amazing job either way. His facial structure is probably my favorite part, I would lose my shit if I saw that face close-up.

Level 28
1. The Footman is done, I don't usually go back to old artworks :cgrin: There are too many problems with him, I'd rather make a new one.
2. Wish I was good at drawing drapes :/ Thanks for the encouraging words though.
3. For the body no, for the head I used tons (and I mean TONS) of ref as I wanted to make a really unique face - started with dragon skulls to crocodile skulls, to snake skulls to.. I forgot what it was. The lower jaw's idea was to be like a snake's jaw that can detach, while the upper jaw is that of a croc.. Oh yea wait, now I remembered, it also uses Jaguar skull structure somewhere in there ;X Put a lot of work into that face yet I'm still very unhappy with how it turned out. Maybe because I didn't plan it much. Learned a lot from it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.