• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Progress study drawings that started from sucky ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
From ash i have risen, from nothing i am given breath.
From here, i know where i am headed...

Here are some of the drawings i have collected since i started drawing in digital
Enjoy your stay!

Featured Art

biography

hive background

past digital drawings

traditional drawings

requested drawings

finished requested drawings

Work in progress

Princess of the flames
tehkimmeth3.jpg

My name is Kurt Ian Ferrer, 21 years old, from the Philippines.

Kurt.png

Drawing was my hobby since i was a kid. But i never really progressed beyond drawing super saiyajin goku 3 with his hands behind his back since i sucked at it.
Somewhere 2013, i started drawing in a computer...
i thought people only drew with mouses since having a drawing tablet is unheard of from me. So i thought i just needed a mouse with more sensitivity. But drawing with a mouse proved to be not fun for me so i stopped for a long time.
i didn't draw much with pencils so i didn't learn much and didn't progressed.

Then, with discovering what i can do with a computer, decided to branch out to 3D by 2014. I first started exploring the basics and tried to learn everything at once. I didn't have much expertise from the branches of 3D arts like texturing, animation, sculpting, VFX, etc. but i have general knowledge on what to do. I'm just not good at it.
so i stopped drawing and pursued sculpting my body, meaning i started bodybuilding.
12711123_1115032455183003_5386800737341416752_o.jpg

Then, in 2015, i had a drawing tablet i had been dreaming of since i first knew about it. I drew using what knowledge i had back in 2013 including what i learned at 2014. I didn't drew much because i was busy with school and bodybuilding. And i wasn't dedicated to drawing that much that time.

Now 2016, i'm relearning everything again starting from the basics. but this time, one lesson at a time...

i first learned about hiveworshop since december 2010.
After wanting a place to upload my map. i knew nothing much about mapmaking since it was my first time.
There i made friends and even after having my map rejected that kept me from making more content for hive, i chose to stay.
My favorite artist there was -Grendel, who was Ampharos before. He was the best artist for me that time since i knew nothing.

And kept pestering him on facebook everytime he uploads some art, asking what tools he used and such. Later on, he blocked me hahaha
even now, i have never made any content for hiveworkshop but i chose to stay simply because of the people here...

These were drawn using mouse as i haven't used a pentab before

Then by 2014, i branched out to 3D and tried to learn too fast

Starting all over again, i have drawn like it was my first time.
empty your cup, let new water flow in.

First digital drawing using Disney+Anime artstyle, didn't go as i wanted
FiorellaRosso.jpg

First face study
Tried portrait drawing using semi realistic style, didn't go as i planned
Lia.png

Another body anatomy drawing with bird's eye view perspective and light studies
lia2.jpg

Drawn an Asari from mass effect using an asian as reference
Liara.jpg

A model sheet for a character i made, it is what it is. No rendering neeeded
Another model sheet for a character i made. I scrapped it...
A poster art i made for a book i 'was' writing. Now i scrapped it
The Sword Of The World9.jpg

First entry for hive's contest, also first drawing of a scene which, i didn't know i was capable of
Overwhelming odds1.jpg

I never cared much for my traditional arts and most of the best ones were lost. These were only the sketches left...
12525466_1133230586696523_7872171267859214709_o.jpg
12915193_1267700859925509_732282917_o.jpg
12948401_1267700836592178_445732735_o.jpg
img009.jpg
img008.jpg
img009.jpg
img012.jpg

Now that you've said it, I would really like to see that World Eater of yours again. So here's a request I have, just optionally you can do it or not or even make it better, I'll just give in an idea :D

- The World Eater in your Concept Entry ate the world right? And it came from the sky. How about it will show up on Eath's skies falling down vertically to the ocean. The day should be chaotic and skies are like being teared and rainstorm are appearing from the far sides.
The angle of view could be 180˚ 1st person, looking at the ocean and the creature falling down like a vertical line and appear far from the view.

Its up to you if you want to try this idea or not. Goodluck kabayan :D

Now that you've said it, I would really like to see that World Eater of yours again. So here's a request I have, just optionally you can do it or not or even make it better, I'll just give in an idea :D

- The World Eater in your Concept Entry ate the world right? And it came from the sky. How about it will show up on Eath's skies falling down vertically to the ocean. The day should be chaotic and skies are like being teared and rainstorm are appearing from the far sides.
The angle of view could be 180˚ 1st person, looking at the ocean and the creature falling down like a vertical line and appear far from the view.

TheWorld Eater's entry.png

Dragon.jpg

Atelougene.jpg
ScreenShot_20160903233924.jpeg

Attachments

• Fiorella Rosso2.jpg
    Fiorella Rosso2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
  • grayfullbuster.jpg
    grayfullbuster.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 261
  • ScreenShot_20160904012643.png
    ScreenShot_20160904012643.png
    549.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Erza Scarlet.png
    Erza Scarlet.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
  • Kyan Filtiarn Cartoon.jpg
    Kyan Filtiarn Cartoon.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 707.2.jpg
    707.2.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 222
  • OrcWarhero.png
    OrcWarhero.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 327
Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

It seems you have improved alot, buddy. But compare to your drawings, yours is awesome. Really. I disgust my own work :c

Level 15
WHHAAAATTT... NEW GUY. HI. I AM THE RULER HERE, GET READY TO GET BULLIED!!

*waiting to load images while reading*
*finished loading*

@.@ o_O aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shit man i'm crying now. teach me senpai!

hmmm.. i wonder why most artist like to draw female

Level 16
10/10 would view again
thanks! come back for more :D
Glad to see how much you have improved through the past years :D keep it up mate! very awesome!
haha thank you very much mister! at first i didn't know which to pursue so i had so many WIPs. So this year, i'll take baby steps starting from painting
It seems you have improved alot, buddy. But compare to your drawings, yours is awesome. Really. I disgust my own work :c
haha that was the first thing i thought about my drawings at first too. If you aren't satisfied, keep on improving the things you weren't, little by little til it looks good in your eyes
WHHAAAATTT... NEW GUY. HI. I AM THE RULER HERE, GET READY TO GET BULLIED!!

*waiting to load images while reading*
*finished loading*

@.@ o_O aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shit man i'm crying now. teach me senpai!

hmmm.. i wonder why most artist like to draw female
haha i'm not a new guy, just a ghost spectating around.

i don't normally draw females before, but then i noticed the difference between males and females aren't really small especially the lips.
my females tend to have male lips before so i'm studying them now. Also they're more pleasing to the eyes and ladies tend to flock around you when you draw in public

UPDATE:

ScreenShot_20160902002932.jpeg

ScreenShot_20160902013731.png

any more recommendations to make her look more beautiful to fit your standards? :)

Last edited:
Level 16
She's beautiful already. But "face test 3" looks better for me - the highlights, shadows and skin are more realistic I guess.

Nice growing gallery here. Keep the good work dude!
thanks! i'll still wait for other's suggestions about her face though :)
@DEAD FiSH suggested she be pale and more redder and have more freckles
@Heinvers preferred green eyes over blue which, i think, is better

edit: time check 3am, last update for tonight! gonna work on it tomorrow :))
face test.jpg

Last edited:
Level 16
Did another fanart for tonight and submitted some process works
grayfullbuster.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20160904222032.jpeg
    ScreenShot_20160904222032.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 103
  • ScreenShot_20160904235834.jpeg
    ScreenShot_20160904235834.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 85
  • ScreenShot_20160905000709.png
    ScreenShot_20160905000709.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
Level 15
omg i forgot to reply. Looks great as usual. what can i say?
And it seems people more interested with your pic instead your art lol. and I will borrow your code template here :p
And oouuuuuhhh!! that work in progress (the big giant) looks fantastic!!
Starting all over again, i have drawn like it was my first time.
empty your cup, let new water flow in.
o.0 mean your first time is better than mine now o__O And you are recovering too quick!!

edit: damn!! just realized that hentai. Burnt my eyes. I tried to study your bbcode and read that "hidden hentai". I thought it was something great (art thingy). DAmn. Fuccc

Level 16
omg i forgot to reply. Looks great as usual. what can i say?
And it seems people more interested with your pic instead your art lol. and I will borrow your code template here :p

hahaha yeah, i noticed. maybe i should just post selfies in here instead? hahaha just joking. And sure! take the template! but you're on your own on how to clean that :) i was having trouble enough with it.

And oouuuuuhhh!! that work in progress (the big giant) looks fantastic!!
o.0 mean your first time is better than mine now o__O And you are recovering too quick!!
Thanks! but i was having trouble with the composition so i was waiting for critiques from professionals on how to improve it.
Also, yeah you gotta have to start anew. All those things you thought you were doing right? you're gonna have to scrap that. Well, at least for me. Also, studies! just drawing everyday isn't enough, you gotta have to learn which is right and wrong while drawing too! Anatomy studies, Values studies, composition etc etc... still having trouble with light, values,hair and composition so it's still a long walk from here. But unlike from before, i know what i gotta do ^_^ because back in 2013 i just drew and didn't know what to do to improve!
edit: damn!! just realized that hentai. Burnt my eyes. I tried to study your bbcode and read that "hidden hentai". I thought it was something great (art thingy). DAmn. Fuccc
ha! got you! now you can't draw anymore

Level 16
Whoah... awesome works! I'm gonna try to reach your level someday, you the man!
haha hey there, thanks! that was really flattering :D
*_* You mean reach his body sculpting level? Or his art level?
lol
So, are you going to show us more perverted stuff of you? Neat, now that you've been into bodybuilding for some time, you can use yourself as reference (not referring to self gratification).
-lol no
-i do use myself as reference especially the arms

Update:
i forgot to tell you guys that i'm working under an animation studio that works on anime as a trainee
so i'll be updating less content as i work on training myself with animation. The animations aren't really post worthy and are just simple walk cycles and flag waves but after i finish that, back to painting!

another update, i'll be taking sketch requests per person here so i can post them in my drawing requests tab :)

Last edited:
Level 24

Level 16

done ^_^ didn't have anything to do the whole night anyway
TheWorld Eater's entry.png

it didn't turn out quite what i like but ehhh it was a nice try :)
everytime i look at it the color scheme just becomes uglier and uglier

Last edited:
Level 16
another quick sketch, about an hour or more. I just added some adjustments so that they don't look obvious.
also i noticed when viewed on smaller screens the contrast values make the image look bad.

also another quick one after i was done with Erza, thought of experimenting a new artstyle for a comic i'm brainstorming on

aand another one since people said i look like a pokemon trainer hahaha
Kurt2.png

Attachments

• Erza Scarlet.png
    Erza Scarlet.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • Kurt.png
    Kurt.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 15
I cant find the rep button with phone 0,0
That pikatchu looks teally creepy, like a kind of ghost that stuck on people's shoulder.
And, I can sense you will make the strange clone blue hair (i forgot his name)soon xd
oh right, mystogan (or the other name)

Level 16
Last edited:
it is awesome! looks like i have a Phoenix in my party :)
although i'd like to change that hybrid species aren't looked down upon though and it commonly happens :) aside from that, i'm looking forward to what his character development will be :D

I think it is important for the hybrids to be looked down since it could be the drive for a whole plot, but I don't know what you are planning to do with the history or what is the direction you want to give it, but I already gave you enough material to create a Volume with him (his origins/history) I hope I get credit as a writer :v

Level 16
I think it is important for the hybrids to be looked down since it could be the drive for a whole plot, but I don't know what you are planning to do with the history or what is the direction you want to give it, but I already gave you enough material to create a Volume with him (his origins/history) I hope I get credit as a writer :v
of course haha it is a hive community project! everyone will get their own character spotlight :D
lol don't worry about the hybrid dilemma, there's an even bigger problem at hand but i'm keeping it a secret ;) i haven't written the lore yet but it is solid enough :) the pure race thing was supposed to be mentioned in the history books

Status
Not open for further replies.