1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

My first time ever making terrain...

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Cloud_04, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Cloud_04

Cloud_04
    Tell me what you think! :)

Attached Files:

2. Cloud_04

Cloud_04
    Anyone wanna comment? :D :grin:

3. ~Void~

~Void~
    Hmm... very bare and bad camera angles. Also, I don't think I've ever seen fog that blue and thick at the same time in real life, you might want to consider giving it some more greyish teal colour.

Other than that I guess you are off to a good start. It's hard for me to tell because I don't use hi-res pack.

4. mokkil123

mokkil123
    pretty good for a beginner but maybe, as ~Void~ said, try to make the angle more human perspective, make a camera in your map and play around with the angle of attack, but good terrain.

5. ~Void~

~Void~
    Oh, and for the waterfall pic, I don't understand why you coated the outside of the waterfall with rocks. Do you see that happening in real life? Nope.

You should be careful where you place rocks and make it so it looks good.

6. Ghost765

Ghost765
    some of the enviroment stuff is abit too clean, like the waterfall as void mentioned. and the road is too straight at the borders, mix it up a bit.
    The footman...are....so....damn....UGLY
    ive got a better footman, looks like it, but more porportioned and stuff

7. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight
    Not to be repetitive, but your terrain is extremely bland, ugly footmen, and bad looking tilesets. Not exactly sure why you have that thick fog, light blue fog dosen't look to well.

Well I say their is more negative than positive, but keep working! I'm sure you will get better.

+rep for trying.

8. Magamdy

Magamdy
    I agree with all these comments. For the forests; you only used trees. Try to fill up the emty spaces with dooddads like shrub n' grass n' rocks.

And use more tile differation.

With all that it would look great, without it... it's so plain. But, anyways, they are your first so you have done good work.

9. Cloud_04

Cloud_04
    Thank you for the criticism. :smile: