• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first good terrain work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
In the areas where you have used Plateau, the edges look spiky and unnatural, so hes telling you to use the smooth tool on them to make them look more natural. As for my suggestions, I would suggest that you make a bit more height variation in all of them, especially in the 3rd one. Also try adding some fog, and add some doodads in the background, especially in the 3rd one, because it looks like theres nothing behind the wall.

Level 34
omg to hear this of void is like the biggest compliment ever :) ty man i know som things suck but its just a begin :)
I'm going to be honest. He didn't mean it was good, just nice. As in, it's pretty bad, but not as bad as the others, and I want to be polite. Either that or he was drunk.

Level 15
LOL Gilles XD Honesty is appreciated so... NEVER use the plateau tool again, it's a thorn in the observer's ass. Terrain should also have something to look at, something to draw the observer's attention, but your screenshots are rather plain. Personally i like the third one because it is symmetric(i like symmetry).

Last edited:
Level 34
LOL Gilles XD Honesty is appreciated so... NEVER use the plateau tool again, it's a thorn in the observer's ass. Terrain should also have something to look at, something to draw the observer's attention, but your screenshots are rather plain. Personally i like the third one because it is symmetric(i like symmetry).
Ahh, but I use it all the time. Who want to use the raise tool for an hour? I actually use it a lot. But then I go over the terrain and make it smooth and sexy.

Level 18
i have much to learn doesnt mean i dont want it i love ot make terrain and im getting better and better because of the people who day dont use this or dont use that the only thing i undeestand is whats rong with that raise thing (im frome holland im not that good in english)

Status
Not open for further replies.