• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here are some new doodles I've done during my free times ^^

20161227_010050-jpg.256439

20161227_010126-jpg.256440

20161227_010855-jpg.256443

Level 28
It seems that knight took some beating on his face!

Hey, the concepts are nice, you're already at that point where you do control the final look of your drawing. Now I would just focus on giving solid shapes to them, through drawing highlights and shadows. I mean their arms and clothes seem 3d atm, but not too much =P

Level 19
It seems that knight took some beating on his face!

Hey, the concepts are nice, you're already at that point where you do control the final look of your drawing. Now I would just focus on giving solid shapes to them, through drawing highlights and shadows. I mean their arms and clothes seem 3d atm, but not too much =P

Hehe yeah he's one tough fella :D

Thanks for the kind words and yeah I agree with you, the forms are my enemy while drawing, since I'm a self taught drawer I lack the techniques, I can't create the best forms of each object/or body parts/clothes/armour here, that is something I'll develop in time at a pace of my working on drawing :(

Level 19
Updating with some more;

Originally a concept made by streetX222
mauled-zombie-face-jpg.266985

One Germanic(middle) and two Finnish warriors.
three-warriors-jpg.266986

greymane-jpg.266987

These two are my versions of sketches of Karl Kopinski, I had the freedom to give them names tho :p

singapore-pirate-jpg.266989

sailor-with-his-companion-jpg.266988

orc-on-beast-jpg.266990

Attachments

• Mauled Zombie Face.jpg
    Mauled Zombie Face.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 698
  • Three Warriors.jpg
    Three Warriors.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 692
  • Greymane.jpg
    Greymane.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 677
  • Sailor with his companion.jpg
    Sailor with his companion.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 624
  • Singapore Pirate.jpg
    Singapore Pirate.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 687
  • Orc On Beast.jpg
    Orc On Beast.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 690
Level 28
Some of these have a better composition, in terms of giving the impression of depth, than your previous drawings - and that's nice. Specially the Sailor, Orc and Zombie ones. You said you're a self-taught, so you can improve that aspect with the many tutorials available around the internet (there are some in this thread here).

One Germanic(middle) and two Finnish warriors.
three-warriors-jpg.266986

Why do your finnish men are depicted shirtless and more muscular than their germanic companion? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait I think I've seen that before: 1,2,3 =P

Level 19
Some of these have a better composition, in terms of giving the impression of depth, than your previous drawings - and that's nice. Specially the Sailor, Orc and Zombie ones. You said you're a self-taught, so you can improve that aspect with the many tutorials available around the internet (there are some in this thread here).

Why do your finnish men are depicted shirtless and more muscular than their germanic companion? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait I think I've seen that before: 1,2,3 =P

Thanks man, yeah I'm self taught so you must have noticed some technical issues :D I'm trying to get rid of them by drawing more and more in my daily life. I've understood some concepts and i feel like im leveling up especially after thanks to this week. My lines are getting better too.

And that Tom of Finland ahahah :D that's the gayest thing I'v ever seen(Okay not ever my whole life but lets say today :D) Germanic guy is also muscular too tho, he's just wearing thick clothes :D and the Finnish guys are very fat as well cuz they need fat to protect from the cold of the north :D

Level 49
Sir, i have a suggestion on your art - before you make a first touch to a paper - give your design idea to live at least a hour. I mean, if you have to draw a character - you should live at least a hour with him in your fantasy, to feel him from different angles and in different situations. Like if you walk with him, and he tells you a story. You should know how he laugh, how he moves. Also, about a design elements - you should mind at least five unique exterior items to your character, it can be anything - a coat, or a hair, or a weapon - summary at least five elements will give your character pretty considered solid design. Same thing about color's - there should be a main palette of 3 main colors and two advanced colors for minor details that summary will work as an solid multicolor concept. Never give yourself an permission to draw without an idea, because then it will become your habit and your works will never progress from senseless sketches. And never hurry in drawing. If you will give at least a single look on a professional artists work process - you will see how accurate and slow they are. They stare like 5 mins on the image to understand and feel where and what color to put.

Last edited:
Level 19
Sir, i have a suggestion on your art - before you make a first touch to a paper - give your design idea to live at least a hour. I mean, if you have to draw a character - you should live at least a hour with him in your fantasy, to feel him from different angles and in different situations. Like if you walk with him, and he tells you a story. You should know how he laugh, how he moves. Also, about a design elements - you should mind at least five unique exterior items to your character, it can be anything - a coat, or a hair, or a weapon - summary at least five elements will give your character pretty considered solid design. Same thing about color's - there should be a main palette of 3 main colors and two advanced colors for minor details that summary will work as an solid multicolor concept. Never give yourself an permission to draw without an idea, because then it will become your habit and your works will never progress from senseless sketches. And never hurry in drawing. If you will give at least a single look on a professional artists work process - you will see how accurate and slow they are. They stare like 5 mins on the image to understand and feel where and what color to put.

First of all thanks for the long reply and suggestions. I got what you are saying, my older character concepts are underdeveloped i can see that now. I took some thinking with the orc riding a heast one, not as deep as you wrote but lets say it was a start for me :p

Why 5 though? What happens if it is 3 or 4? I think thats a standard for concepts of characters but if you know why id be glad to know that.

By 3 main colors, if youre referring to black and white drawings, theyre black, grey and white if its colored drawings im not going into coloring yet :D not until i get my skills honed in black and white drawings.

I will do as you say though, without giving thoughts, a good concept never comes out. But dont you think the last three drawings are a bit better than the rest? (Pirate, sailor and orc)

Level 49
Why 5 though? What happens if it is 3 or 4? I think thats a standard for concepts of characters but if you know why id be glad to know that.
Well, not sure, but it refers to a perception mechanics where object treats as a typical (one from a "class") if it has less than 5 individual attributes. And that also means, that if you pick some archetype like a warrior, savage orc or a pirate - they have some "class" attributes that are not indiviudal, so, if you draw a pirate with eyepatch, hand and feet prothesis (a hook on a hand and a branch on a foot), a saber, a pirate hat, a pipe, and, ofcourse, with a parrot or monkey - that will not show off individual, its a summ of a starndart cliche that are always everywhere when someone wanna draw a pirate. So, the attributes should be unique, individual, unexpected and not included in the class standarts. But on the other hand any of your "unique" elements shouldn't be senseless, they should have an idea behind them. A good question that you should ask yourself is "why". For example - Why does my character is not shaved? Why he wear such a heavy helmet? The point of good concept is that any element on a dress on a overall design should have a reason, an idea behind.

By 3 main colors, if youre referring to black and white drawings, theyre black, grey and white if its colored drawings im not going into coloring yet :D not until i get my skills honed in black and white drawings.

B'n'w drawings can be pretty much different, so, if you start from these - try to give as much natural shading as u can. By myself i never redraw things from anothers, but as a technique training it seems to be ok. Pick some stuff like a glass bottle, and try to express each of light reflexes. About colors i can tell you that some black'n'white works are much more colored than some RGB images :) Because if the thing you draw has a color, then, even if your tech is greyscale - the color is read between the lines, is here and our imagination recovers it.

I will do as you say though, without giving thoughts, a good concept never comes out. But dont you think the last three drawings are a bit better than the rest? (Pirate, sailor and orc)
Each hour of practice increases your skill, if you don't give yourself an permission to draw worse than you did already.

And also, a good advise to you - never draw small things. Take the bigger paper you can find and draw on it :) That gives a huge space for detalising without making messy thing.

Level 19
Well, not sure, but it refers to a perception mechanics where object treats as a typical (one from a "class") if it has less than 5 individual attributes. And that also means, that if you pick some archetype like a warrior, savage orc or a pirate - they have some "class" attributes that are not indiviudal, so, if you draw a pirate with eyepatch, hand and feet prothesis (a hook on a hand and a branch on a foot), a saber, a pirate hat, a pipe, and, ofcourse, with a parrot or monkey - that will not show off individual, its a summ of a starndart cliche that are always everywhere when someone wanna draw a pirate. So, the attributes should be unique, individual, unexpected and not included in the class standarts. But on the other hand any of your "unique" elements shouldn't be senseless, they should have an idea behind them. A good question that you should ask yourself is "why". For example - Why does my character is not shaved? Why he wear such a heavy helmet? The point of good concept is that any element on a dress on a overall design should have a reason, an idea behind.

B'n'w drawings can be pretty much different, so, if you start from these - try to give as much natural shading as u can. By myself i never redraw things from anothers, but as a technique training it seems to be ok. Pick some stuff like a glass bottle, and try to express each of light reflexes. About colors i can tell you that some black'n'white works are much more colored than some RGB images :) Because if the thing you draw has a color, then, even if your tech is greyscale - the color is read between the lines, is here and our imagination recovers it.

Each hour of practice increases your skill, if you don't give yourself an permission to draw worse than you did already.

And also, a good advise to you - never draw small things. Take the bigger paper you can find and draw on it :) That gives a huge space for detalising without making messy thing.

Sorry for the very late reply i wanted to give time for both reading and replying to your reply.

I got what youre saying for the 5 unique stylistic things. Actually i started drawing a character with more thoughts on him. I even wrote down his attributes like how he is like during the day what manners he has etc..

I know right! But the ones that are more colored than other rgbs are most likely hugely detailed ones. For small A4 sized drawing i dont wanna get in much detail unless i really feel like it.

Haha, if i feel like my new one is worse than my older ones i mostly throw them in the bin.

I know bigger paper is better for details but its a pain to carry them around. I mostly start drawing in public places like cafes, classrooms where i feel more creative and relaxed. I guess it s the crowd noise or sth :p a bigger paper than an A4 is a custom paper which would not make much difference than the A4 or i have to get an A3 which is HUGE to carry around :D

Level 19
Oh I like those, it's a beautiful linework. And the face of the goblin is intriguing and full of character! Good work!

Thanks, man! And yup, i mainly focused on that goblins face :p he is up to something sinister :rolleyes:

DAMN SON, some great stuff coming from you lately! Keep it up! :O

Heyy, thanks so much :ogre_haosis: been working on a more efficient style which is giving back good results, im so glad you liked them ^^

Actually ive recreated a renaissance painting with only a pencil, drawn some other artists works, and noticed how fluent and energetic their drawings look. Im trying to adapt a style like them. Your style is very neat and fluid too, i mightve even been inspired to draw that protoss guy from your protoss drawing :p

Level 19
Hey guys, im back with some more drawings!!

First of all im gonna leave my instagram account here so that if anyone wants to follow my draeings on a more active platform ill be there more.

Okan (@okansen01) • Instagram photos and videos

Here are the updates;

img_20180410_151209_307-jpg.296777

img_20180410_151209_310-jpg.296778

20180410_144428-jpg.296779

img_20180417_234933_061-jpg.296781

img_20180413_223822_674-jpg.296780

img_20180418_184143_016-jpg.296782

Attachments

• IMG_20180410_151209_307.jpg
    IMG_20180410_151209_307.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20180410_151209_310.jpg
    IMG_20180410_151209_310.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180410_144428.jpg
    20180410_144428.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20180413_223822_674.jpg
    IMG_20180413_223822_674.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20180417_234933_061.jpg
    IMG_20180417_234933_061.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20180418_184143_016.jpg
    IMG_20180418_184143_016.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 107
Level 19
lovely new stuff! specially like the one with the indian and the succubus!

Thanks a lot! That one is my magnus opus for now :p I will draw more stuff like that as i find the opportunity.

Would you answer to my call if i ask you to drawn Tidal Lord ?
If you paint...

I checked the model, i might try something. Its an interesting one but itll be better with photoshop imo, instead of pencil on paper. Ill see what i can do, what do you need it for btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.