• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #5 Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys, we thought that a new music contest would be nice. To bring back life we need contestants and ideas!

Suggested themes:

Futuristic - Music that expresses the futuristic era.

Steampunk - The music will give the feeling of steampunk.

Dark - A dark music composition which should make the listener feel helpless, pessimist.

Action - Boss fight music for example. The era is not important, it can be medieval or futuristic theme.

Tension/Horror - Making the listeners stay on alert, it should keep them uncomfortable. Make them expect for something.

Dramatic - This type gradually builds up and exerts certain pitches and low wave lengths.

-------
List of music making tools

Last edited:
Level 19
Write down if you have any ideas i just threw three ideas when creating the post :D

There was a fourth contest which was cancelled and a moderator said the next one would be named as fifth contest. You can check it at the last page of the fourth contest. The link is in the first post

Level 17
Well since my last post was deleted for being offtopic.

I'll just make another repost (Logic much)

To yet again express my interest in this possible future contest.

Level 14
How are contestants supposed to create the music? Does it matter how you create it? How do you guys usually do? Are there free programms to be able to compete?

Would be great to know a bit more about this. Sry did not have the time yet to look in to the older contests to answer that for myself.

Level 19
How are contestants supposed to create the music? Does it matter how you create it? How do you guys usually do? Are there free programms to be able to compete?

Would be great to know a bit more about this. Sry did not have the time yet to look in to the older contests to answer that for myself.

There are lots of free programs to create your music. They are called DAWs(Digital Audio Workstation). These programs use automated clips to play music. You write down your music and it plays it for you as in most simple way :D

You can create midi songs with some other programs too btw. But they'll sound much more simple than a music made by a DAW. There's a link attached at the end of this thread post linked to another thread which explains in more detail. Feel free to ask me about anything if you have anymore questions after that. ^^

Level 14
Thanks for the reply.
I will check out the detailed link and the old contests.

Sounds like everybody is able to join the contest, so do it people :D

Has been a long time since I have been using logic fun unfortunately...

Level 14
well thanks :)
I am more into sampling and beat making at the moment. I have got a nice yamaha CLP Piano and together with friends, we use a machine sequenzer, thats why there is only a minimum exp left on real digital midi sounds at the moment, and I want to enter the concept art contest.
Together with my job there is so little time unfortunately.
I really like this contest though. I will keep an eye on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.