• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #5 - Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I havent forgotten about this.

Recent storm hit us pretty bad and pretty much cut me off from the internet. I may or may not be able to send mine but I'll try my best to make it in regardless. I have 80% of the song complete. My only problem is uploading it since internet is horribly slow where I am right now given the circumstances.

Level 4
My Entry

Title: Galaxy Trip
Description: The song tells the story of a trip through outer space in a space shuttle. It has a reccuring main theme along with several short sequences portraying memories of other places, galaxies, planets (maybe Earth?), and dolphins encountered on that trip. (Yes, the dolphin is a reference to the game Dolphin Olympics. :D)​

Used samples:
• dolphin1.mp3 from Download dolphin1 Sound Effects Page 1

Attachments

• DED1-GalaxyTrip.mp3
    6.7 MB · Views: 106
Here is the image.

Attachments

• S3-768x453.jpg
    S3-768x453.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 110

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It is the software!
The others have shown their musical notes, names/song name.

@Brambleclaw also has to provide a screenshot of the music sheet.
@AditTechno you've attached your final entry but you also should attach a screenshot of your work and a description about it (this last one if you want, it's more of a useless rule anyway).

Last edited:
Level 17
Welp I think I completed something at last [
upload_2016-10-27_15-2-12.png

Probably gonna remaster certain parts.
Also need to come up with a name, and give clearer screenshots.

:L

This is either weird or just a clusterfuck. I'm not sure which

Attachments

• Hive Contest.7z
    92.3 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Level 17
Being the retard I am the exported file name is different to the Project File name :/ and my folder management is a nightmare, its just a list of dates for whenever a project was made. ._.

Well I'll upload the screenies and stuff to this post

upload_2016-11-2_20-47-14.png
upload_2016-11-2_20-47-22.png
upload_2016-11-2_20-47-29.png
upload_2016-11-2_20-48-8.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Being the retard I am the exported file name is different to the Project File name :/ and my folder management is a nightmare, its just a list of dates for whenever a project was made. ._.

Well I'll upload the screenies and stuff to this post
Yeah, well just look at the date. I use Total Commander. It's easy to list files by name, date etc.

Level 17
Well anyway here it is:

Name: An Unexpected Encounter

Basically the classical "future" of like the 80s / 90s. It starts just being quite serene, then the melody comes in, that is the Alien spaceship appearing. The second part is the Alien spaceship physically in sight, and the Third part is a repetition of the first part to show that the disturbance has ended.

Or something like that >.<

Uploaded an mp3 format for ease of use.

Attachments

• Hive Contest.7z
    96.8 MB · Views: 124
  • Hive Contest.mp3
    10.1 MB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
"Interstellar Surrealism"

The story of this piece is an interstellar journey starting from a known area to unknown outer space. As the journey carries on, what is known is getting left behind, with the nostalgia and sadness. As the journey carries on, what is unknown is getting closer with each second passing by, with the curiosity and excitement. What we will find at the end is a mystery, for it is unknown to us all.

-----
P.S

There are some mood changes throughout the song, I tried experimenting with mixing some different styles too. I hope it'll catch some ears :p

Attachments

• Interstellar Surrealism.mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Can I make that attempt too? Even if I have uploaded my final entry?
You've uploaded your final entry plus I kind of "officially" closed it up. You'll have to ask the moderator and other participants if they would want another deadline stretch.
Maybe, next contest, the duration should be 2 months or something. However, people will be inclined to slack so, I dunno, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.