1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Minor memory leak after nullifying?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Yamaneko, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    It's not about you ...
    That's just a signature. Actually the second part if for Nestharus if you want know, while the two first sentences are general.
    Btw you could also check the forum, i'm not trolling that much, regardless my pseudo.

Now, care to read the link i've given ?

2. Yamaneko

Yamaneko
    That is a stupid message to have after every line you do, you know that?
    This is my first thread, so i didn't realize that was just some kind of epigraph, sorry dude, but it really caused some confusion.

3. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    I don't care, actually if you take it personnaly you might be the stupid one.

4. Yamaneko

Yamaneko
    Didn't i say i thought you where trolling?

Edit: What the hell now? Did you edit your message or something? The only thing i saw in your first message was the link and the epigraph... That explains alot.
    My fault for missunderstanding. I'm sorry.

5. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    Yes, but before assuming that, you could at least have check some of my posts.
    Btw if i was really trolling, would you except that amout of rep or even messages ?
    Plus, a signature is rarely directly adressed personnaly to the user above, hell that's how a signature work.

Now, let's stay on topic.

6. Yamaneko

Yamaneko
    Whatever, i didn't realize it was a signature, that was why i thought it was a troll.
    This post is however solved. I believe the only solution may be, like Dr Super Good said, to learn Jass. But thanks anyway, and sorry again for missunderstanding you.

Edit: Now i just have to figure out how to set this as solved...

7. WaterKnight

WaterKnight
    Upload the map and we may identify the source of the leak more precisely. Switching to jass surely makes a lot of things more effective but I doubt that you would experience a major leak within 10min from a single part of code from just the hardcoded leak. The leak described in Troll-Brain's link is really minor. And maybe there is a better triggering approach in general. Fixing leaks is not the only possibility to optimize performance.

8. Yamaneko

Yamaneko
    I am very sure there is no leak that i've missed, and if you check what this thread was all about, you might realize that i the problem is this leak that stays after you remove the usual memory leak. There is some part of the variable that stays after it is removed, and the only way to get rid of that is to change to JASS and avoid using points and groups. My map uses a constant knockback system for everything, and thus have a trigger that runs 50 times per second to calculate the paths of every projectile and unit. That is why this minor leak, that can't be removed in GUI is a problem, and it will not be for the maps without these frequently running triggers. Also, my map will be playable untill about 30 minutes, however you can see the effeckts of the leak after about 15-20 minutes.

9. WaterKnight

WaterKnight
    You say you are sure but you still have the problem. Then again, you do not know exactly where it derives from but are sure it will work out with jass.

Do not worry, I have read your thread. The standard frequency for triggered movements is 32/sec by the way.

10. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Administrator

Ties in with the introduction section becoming a depot for stupid questions.