• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps Won't Show Up In-game? {maps not showing in the map list}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've had this problem for a while, but mainly since I had to re-install my Warcraft3 TFT.

Since I reinstalled my Warcraft 3, and put all my created maps and downloaded maps back into the new Wc3 TFT, some of them wont show up in-game. I've tried restarting the computer loads of times, and restarting WC3, and even some new maps I've downloaded wont show up.

What's the problem? I've created loads of custom maps, and a handful of them won't show up now.

Level 2
Yes, i've tried that. However, I did not try moving them into my download folder, going to try that now.

Moron, if its a downloaded map you Don't have A CHOOSE.
U actually MUST bring all downloaded maps their.
Actually you shouldn't even be seeing 1 map.

Rofl, =[

Level 3
"fraggangster", that was not really a nice compliment. And again, your statement is wrong.

There are 3 possibilities that would most likely fix your issue:
  • Are you sure you've copied the correct files to the correct place?
  • Try copying out all of your maps to a backup place (The "Maps" from the Root of the wc3 folder - to somewhere safe outside of the Root), then copy all of the custom maps to the "Downlaods" folder in your Backup. After, delete the "Maps" in your Wc3 root folder, and then copy the backup "Maps" - with now copied maps in it back to the Root of wc3.
  • Just try copying around the maps that don't work around within the Maps folder.

Let me know if it works.

Level 8
Since the new path there are issues with map's that have lengthy names.

It's most annoying. Try shortening it.

Level 8
Yeah, moving them into the Download folder does work, and yes, you do have a *choose* choice, to move them into other folders inside the Warcraft3, but like toof said, some of them will not show up because of the length of their names.

I really wish they could fix this, because I like having my maps catagorized into different folders. And don't tell me they've abandoned WC3 and they will not fix it, because if they had time to mess it up, they sure have time to fix it.

Level 3
Hey Doron! I just scimed through this thread, but saw that it was still unsolved.
I had a similar problem that you had.

First and foremost,
- If you have a map with the same Map Title(In Map description),
the map will not show.

Secondly,
- Putting maps inside non-warcraft 3 created folders are less likely to appear,
so just put all you maps in: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone*

* Do not create chain folders and put your maps in those chain folders.
But creating several more folders is fine as long as you abide that ^

Chain Folder: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone\Folder1\Folder2\Map.w3x

Level 4
Ive had this problem aswell, what worked for me is.. i just went into
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\<Other folder?>
and changed the name, such as mine was, SuperCoke's Hero Arena v0.08b.w3x
I changed ti to SuperCokes Hero Arena .08b.w3x and it showed in the game... Worked for me, maybe it will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.