• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 1
Hi i got this error message when i was about to play on the map named A Arch Druid reborn, but when i tried to play on the map later it got fixed.... so SHrug?
1685104010187.png

Level 29
Hi i got this error message when i was about to play on the map named A Arch Druid reborn, but when i tried to play on the map later it got fixed.... so SHrug?
View attachment 434977
There are two possible reasons:
1.If you read that exact error closely, it's probably due to the broken models (BLP/MDX).
2.Sometimes, it could be caused by the memory leaks relating to save-load thingy. You can follow this trick (VanAndro).

However, if I remember correctly, you are using the Reforged version of the game. There's really nothing to do. Until the author released a small update for the series to make them compatible with Reforged, I really suggest playing the campaign on 1.31.1.

Level 2
Hi there)If i understand right/It ll be 1.5b update with Good Story campaing from 1-9 part of campaing ,without last 10-11.And the full campaing story will be in 2.0 update?
Im a little stooped)

Level 31
Hi there)If i understand right/It ll be 1.5b update with Good Story campaing from 1-9 part of campaing ,without last 10-11.And the full campaing story will be in 2.0 update?
Im a little stooped)
Mostly. v1.5b will contain chapters 1-8 for the Good story-line, followed by the complete story in the v2.0 full release.

Level 5
Hi all! Development on Chapter 7 is now complete along with all 3 of its sub-maps! This leaves only "Chapter 8: The Eternal Nightmare" left for me to work on for the upcoming v1.5b update :)
So excited for this!! I recently finished all of your other 3 campaigns and really enjoy it. I have never play Malfurion's Quest before, not even the earlier versions, but pretty sure this will top the other 3 campaigns. Btw this campaign will have 2 choice of path right? Are all of those will be available in v1.5 or do I have to wait until v2.0?

Level 31
So excited for this!! I recently finished all of your other 3 campaigns and really enjoy it. I have never play Malfurion's Quest before, not even the earlier versions, but pretty sure this will top the other 3 campaigns. Btw this campaign will have 2 choice of path right? Are all of those will be available in v1.5 or do I have to wait until v2.0?
v1.5b will have both story lines available, but the Good story path will only go up to Chapter 8.

Level 29
Oh, I want it to be 1.31 because of the WC3 Reforged error "There was an error in handling the request" It annoys me and I never try playing SD once in WC3 Reforged
This campaign was made for that version. When Turnro released a new update for Malfurion's Quest (v1.5b), it will add the Reforged support (SD mode), as does the other campaigns made by Turnro (Rowan the Wise is already updated for Reforged SD mode), but still keep the other versions for 1.31.

Oh so the Evil Path is complete already in v1.5 but the Good Path will only be complete in v2.0?
Probably yes, but for v2.0 update, it might be the next year.

Level 5
This campaign was made for that version. When Turnro released a new update for Malfurion's Quest (v1.5b), it will add the Reforged support (SD mode), as does the other campaigns made by Turnro (Rowan the Wise is already updated for Reforged SD mode), but still keep the other versions for 1.31.

Probably yes, but for v2.0 update, it might be the next year.
Thanks for the clarification!

Level 29
Hi Chieftain) how is progress going of the eight part?
Read the post above, lol. The full Good Storyline will be included in the v2.0 update, but the release date is yet to be determined.
When it's released, it will probably require Reforged in order to play, but you can still play this campaign on 1.31.

Level 17
Is this campaign going to be fully finished on 1.31.1 before it goes to 1.35+ ? because i really would just enjoy playing the fully finished version on the 1.31.1 client instead of Reforged.

Level 31
Greetings all! Progress on developing Chapter 8 of the Good story has been steady having achieved the following:
  • Terrain work is 50% done
  • Dialogues for all cutscenes done
  • Quests and player objectives implemented via triggers
Here are a couple of screenshots (WIP) of what I have been working on for the terrain: a Nightmare-styled map :)

chapter_8_terain02.jpg

chapter_8_terain01.jpg

Level 2
Hi boss?I ve some questions)Thats about legendary items(new and old).
in Release 1.5b you say that the last chapter will be eight(on release).
Can we get all legendary items from 1 chapter to 8 like it was in evil part of campaing,and have you already know how many items you ll add in good story campaing7.T hank you for job.You are the freaking Artist )in a good things of this word)

Level 31
Looks promising, when will it be released?
Am hoping it will be by the end of this year, but will confirm over the next few weeks while I work on Chapter 8.

Hi boss?I ve some questions)Thats about legendary items(new and old).
in Release 1.5b you say that the last chapter will be eight(on release).
Can we get all legendary items from 1 chapter to 8 like it was in evil part of campaing,and have you already know how many items you ll add in good story campaing7.T hank you for job.You are the freaking Artist )in a good things of this word)
Mostly. There will be 1 legendary item in every mission from Chapters 1-7 with the final item in Chapter 9 for the Good story path.

Level 31
Hi all!

This last month, I have continued developing Chapter 8 for the Good story-line which includes work on triggers and finishing up the terrain side of things. At this point in time, it seems unlikely I will get the map done before the end of the year so I will be delaying the release of v1.5b to early next year. To compensate for the delay, I am exploring options on adding additional content to v1.5b such as including Chapter 9 (which was a new map I worked on back in 2021).

I have also recently revised Chapter 7 and have decided to rework one of its sub-maps (Realm of the Tides) into a secret mission that can be unlocked similar to the Blood Elf campaign in The Frozen Throne. As Realm of the Tides is no longer a part of Chapter 7 and requires a number of changes, I will be holding off working on this map for now and look into it as part of the v2.0 release instead.

Last edited:
Level 5
I think I can speak for lots of people in this community that we are waiting at the edges of the seats for new update and final release :D,
Of course all in your time, and do the project that you will be proud of,
But MAN I can't wait to finish this campaign :D,

Have a great day!
Mav

Level 1
Greetings! Might i trouble you, mr. Turnro, with this link?

Have you already implemented custom audio in your new patches? If so, i'm sorry to be late to the party. If not, please consider it. It might not be perfect, but it certainly sounds interesting, no?

I've played the evil path a few years back and your other campaigns more times than i can count. Very entertaining. Best of luck going forward and my regards.

Level 31
Greetings! Might i trouble you, mr. Turnro, with this link?

Have you already implemented custom audio in your new patches? If so, i'm sorry to be late to the party. If not, please consider it. It might not be perfect, but it certainly sounds interesting, no?

I've played the evil path a few years back and your other campaigns more times than i can count. Very entertaining. Best of luck going forward and my regards.
Thanks, will take a look.

Level 2
hi,turnro If I may ask you a question。I just want to know if the campaign will be finished this year. Or wait until sometime. I really can't wait to play. Are you going to finish this battle before the New Year or is it going to be February or March? i hope u can see my letter

Level 31
hi,turnro If I may ask you a question。I just want to know if the campaign will be finished this year. Or wait until sometime. I really can't wait to play. Are you going to finish this battle before the New Year or is it going to be February or March? i hope u can see my letter

There will be a beta update coming out later this year. The complete campaign is expected to come out after this year.

Level 2
There will be a beta update coming out later this year. The complete campaign is expected to come out after this year.
I'm glad you got my message.It's my pleasure.I am a Chinese fan to know you this campaign。yes i know i Can't wait play u this campaigns I'm curious when it will come out beta update I wonder how long it will take to finish all the chapters

Level 31
Happy New Year everyone! Since my last update, I have continued to work on the gameplay and cutscenes for Chapter 8 (which is now 70% done). Once the map is finished, there will only be a couple of tasks left for me to do before the v1.5b release, which includes:
  • A new interlude called "Demons of the Past"
  • Final testing and changes to ensure everything is ready for release