• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords of Azeroth v1.0

Reactions: MaJlou and Kino
♦ Lords of Azeroth v1.0 ♦
''Stranglethorn Vale Conquest''

By lord_Marrowgrath

Gameplay
[tr][/tr]
Note: Game mechanics will improve on next update v.1.1!

Firstly, I want to talk about myself. I'am fan of Warcraft Universe and I love playing army-based strategy games. I decided to make diffrent Melee Map for improve warcraft melee maps. I hope you like it.

Here is list of Mechanics:

1) Faction Spells: Players can cast usefull spells like AoE, restore, summon creatures from Main Buildings. Spells have long cooldown and mana cost. Main Buildings Have low mana-regeneration. So, be careful when you use spells.

2) Army Train: Unit trains more than one always:
- Humanoid: 12 at a time.
- Cavalary: 6 at a time.
- Giants: 3 at a time.
- Monsters: 1 at a time.

3) Hero Basic Spells: Every hero has two imporeved own faction unit spells. Spells costs doesnt require mana, but they have long cooldowns.

4) Day & Night System: Weather color changes every minutes. Noon more brigther, Nights more darker.

5) New Camera View: It makes unique gameplay.

6) Players can capture neutral buildings for gather some resources:
-Use Attack Command (A button) to Neutral Building Flag. If Flag less than 500 healt, It changes owner.

-Farms, Burrows and Stores are gathering 5 gold every 5 seconds. Additionaly, Stores exchange lumber/gold on Ashenvale.

7) War Hut: Players can capture neutral buildings to train useful combat-harvest units.

There are 4 playable races.

1) Alliance: The Alliance is one of two major political factions of the mortal races in Azeroth, its counterpart being the Horde. The Alliance consists of powerful cultures and groups bound not by desperation or necessity, but by their deep commitments to abstract concepts like nobility and honor.

Faster-economy based race. Workers are train faster than other factions. Melee soldiers are cheap but weaker. It will usefull for rushing on early game. Defensive buildings have many option to defeat raiders.

2) Scourge: The Scourge is one of four major undead factions existing in the world of Azeroth and a major player for control of the world. They have a vast "empire".Created initially as the precursor to an invasion by the Burning Legion after their previous failures, the Scourge broke free from their demonic masters and — under the iron rule of the dread Lich King — have built up their power base on the Arctic continent of Northrend. Their influence spreads throughout Northrend, as well as the Plaugelands in northern Lordearon and southern Quel'thalas, and even Kalimdor to a small degree. A terrifying and insidious enemy, the Scourge remains perhaps the most dangerous threat to the world of Azeroth.

Early-rush based faction. Scourge can train diffrent unit groups in one time. Units are weaker but train so quick. Offensive units can gather woods but less than workers.

3) Night Elves: The night elves (or kaldorei, which means "Children of the Stars" in their native tongue of Darnassian) are among the oldest known races in Azeroth. They have a long and fascinating history. Native to the western continent of Kalimdor, the night elves ended a long period of seclusion at the end of the Third War and became members of the Alliance.

Ranged-combat based faction. Workers can gather wood so quick. Many units in highborn have long attack range to ambush enemies. Buildings are stronger and offensive. Many units and heroes can be invisible on nights.

4) Horde: The Horde is one of the two major political factions of the mortal races in Azeroth, its counterpart being the Alliance. The Horde, a faction founded by orcish immigrants from Draenor, has survived in the hostile world of Azeroth by forging alliances (some trusting, some less so) with local races such as the tauren people, the trolls, and the undead of the Forsaken.

Late-economy based faction. Units are expensive but stronger than other units from other factions. Base building using many offensive magics for defeat enemy units in battle area and recover mana faster than other factions.

Here is list of Coming features:

1) New Sub Races: They will be able to change the players' troops depending on the hero in the game. Next new sub races will be dwarves. (Example: Mountain King: Dwarves)

2) More Azeroth based Maps:
-Durotar, Westfall and more.

3) More unique train future and more.

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Features

3v3 Silverpine Forest
2v2 Northern Barrens
1v1 Ashenvale
1v1v1 Stranglethorn Vale
Advanced Melee Mechanics
Train Huge Unit Groups at a time.
Improved Terrain
Faction, Hero Spells
Capturable Buildings
Weather System

Credits

Tauer, Fingolfin, Direfury, infrenus, Herrdave, Buster, Callahan, Matis, Hexus Wowwikia and Blizzard Resources. (If I miss someone, Warn me please)

Changelog

Changelog
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Melee, Advanced Melee, Silverpine, Stranglethorn Vale, Barrens, Ashenvale, Forest, Warcraft, Horde, Scourge, Alliance, Night Elves, Lore, Rush, Fantasy, Defense, Teamwork, Strategy[/COLOR]
Contents

Lords of Azeroth v1.0 (Map)

Level 1
Hey author i really like the game and the idea of everything but i have one issue... and i would like you to make it an option to keep the camera default like a normal wc3 game i mean dont get me wrong i like the camera idea and stuff it is just not my style and i was wondering if u could set a command or something to where it could set the camera to normal. thanks

Level 13
Hey author i really like the game and the idea of everything but i have one issue... and i would like you to make it an option to keep the camera default like a normal wc3 game i mean dont get me wrong i like the camera idea and stuff it is just not my style and i was wondering if u could set a command or something to where it could set the camera to normal. thanks

Yea, I understand you. I was confusing at first time to try new camera view. I'am planing a Camera Feature for next update.

Level 2
I really like your map but since this a v1.0 map there a lot of improvement need to be done. the first issue i would like to address with you is the food cap, frankly this game need a 150 food cap to be fully enjoyed that or you cut the unit production to half of the current amount(i.e: 12 unit- 6 unit), the capturable food farm is good but i think you should but more neutral building in next map such as the tavern, goblin lab(god i miss the Deforestator mech), shop,... Also I think you should nerf the towers a bit and buff melee units durability. Also you need to add a gold-wood exchange center

Level 13
I really like your map but since this a v1.0 map there a lot of improvement need to be done. the first issue i would like to address with you is the food cap, frankly this game need a 150 food cap to be fully enjoyed that or you cut the unit production to half of the current amount(i.e: 12 unit- 6 unit), the capturable food farm is good but i think you should but more neutral building in next map such as the tavern, goblin lab(god i miss the Deforestator mech), shop,... Also I think you should nerf the towers a bit and buff melee units durability. Also you need to add a gold-wood exchange center

I'm glad to hear your review. Unit production wont reduce on future. I'll add capturable taverns, map bosses (It drops items) and goblin labs. Yea I know towers are stronger :D I nerfed towers before and I decided to use siege units to crush buildings. I dont have plans for towers now.

Level 26
The preview picture is beautiful. The camera angle changing in the start of the game is bad. I was just frustrated all the time, so I couldn't really focus on other things. The thing is, as the camera is slightly angled, and you cannot fix it, the minimap and the screen have different directions, so when navigating upwards in the minimap, the camera moves sideways and vice versa. This really ruined the game for me. This cannot be approved without a normal camera available aswell.

Level 13
The preview picture is beautiful. The camera angle changing in the start of the game is bad. I was just frustrated all the time, so I couldn't really focus on other things. The thing is, as the camera is slightly angled, and you cannot fix it, the minimap and the screen have different directions, so when navigating upwards in the minimap, the camera moves sideways and vice versa. This really ruined the game for me. This cannot be approved without a normal camera available aswell.

Lol try battle for middle Earth or command and conqurer kanes wrath. EA "strategy games" Using that camera angle. You need to review map not camera. Thats my game style. I think u cant judge camera. So many players like game mechanics and "camera System" reserve that map if "Only u cant play it" and "U only review camera, not the Game" I dissapointed so much.

Level 26
I'm sorry, you are right.
I was a bit tired when I checked it out, and it shouldn't have been prevented from being approved for just that. It is just a new angle on the game that no one is used to, which is ok.
The reason I said it needed to be updated, is because I thought it wasn't thought through really, but evidently, it was.
Judging from the other things in the map, it should be approved.

I must say though that having the camera like that intentionally might not be recieved well from a lot of people. It is a disturbance that doesn't really affect gameplay in any other way than making things more confusing.

I'll approve this map, and we'll see what people say. :)

Level 13
I'm sorry, you are right.
I was a bit tired when I checked it out, and it shouldn't have been prevented from being approved for just that. It is just a new angle on the game that no one is used to, which is ok.
The reason I said it needed to be updated, is because I thought it wasn't thought through really, but evidently, it was.
Judging from the other things in the map, it should be approved.

I must say though that having the camera like that intentionally might not be recieved well from a lot of people. It is a disturbance that doesn't really affect gameplay in any other way than making things more confusing.

I'll approve this map, and we'll see what people say. :)

Thank you for your kindness. I hope players will get used to that game-style :)

Level 1
Thank you for your kindness. I hope players will get used to that game-style :)
I mean I always like change, in this case the camera angle but at least set like a command to make it default camera angle an option and then for those who wish to keep the camera the way it is can, so everyone is happy :)

Level 2
I feel that me review is a bit lacking so i will adding more thing i think need to change, the flag of the capturable farm is sometime after several time of changing owner disappear from the map thus rendering in incapturable and belong to the last team capture it. the game need more capable tankers, most melee troop is usually turned into Swiss cheese after about 1 minute of siege, also you should make the villager unit into a timed life unit,they are generally useless for anything beside defending, take too much food due to how much they spawn. also the cannon tower defeat the purpose of spawning them due to their low hp and their clustering make a single shot the cannon tower turn 5-6 of them into bloody mess. Also due to the fact that only siege unit could effective destroy buildings battle usually drag out and become a stalemate bloody siege warfare that neither side has the advantage and is decided by who will run out resource first and i think you need to up the number of harvested wood/gold per harvest. Faster economy mean faster gameplay. These are thing i need you to fix and thank you for making such a good map the scenery is beautiful and the combat is epic though hard to control

Last edited:
Level 13
I feel that me review is a bit lacking so i will adding more thing i think need to change, the flag of the capturable farm is sometime after several time of changing owner disappear from the map thus rendering in incapturable and belong to the last team capture it. the game need more capable tankers, most melee troop is usually turned into Swiss cheese after about 1 minute of siege, also you should make the villager unit into a timed life unit,they are generally useless for anything beside defending, take too much food due to how much they spawn. also the cannon tower defeat the purpose of spawning them due to their low hp and their clustering make a single shot the cannon tower turn 5-6 of them into bloody mess. Also due to the fact that only siege unit could effective destroy buildings battle usually drag out and become a stalemate bloody siege warfare that neither side has the advantage and is decided by who will run out resource first and i think you need to up the number of harvested wood/gold per harvest. Faster economy mean faster gameplay. These are thing i need you to fix and thank you for making such a good map the scenery is beautiful and the combat is epic though hard to control

Thank you very much for your review. I'll fix issues on farms, siege damage on units and remake tower status for melee combats. Thank you again to share ideas.

Level 2
I realized that I haven't really played all the race( I like to play as orc and human) but I think there is certain Racial weakness that 2 race I have play(Okay I have also play as undead but to be frank I suck as them and I haven't play as Night Elves yet)
ORC: . yeah I know that the orc are tuff and all but in this map where melee troops die in drove and the orc are mainly a choppy race that is a serious problem. this map take away their durability, a huge racial strong point of the orc this plus The fact that orcs have to rely to healing slave form Heroes to heal until tier III while every body else have a healer of there own since tier II is a real pain in the ass
HUMAN: Well I gonna whine about their lack of offensive meaning i will list the problem: nerfing of Knights Hp, Skyfire cost of food and no offensive spell in the town hall also the priest prayer of darkness is kinda hogwash since when I read the ability description there is no change form the normal one

Last edited:
Level 13
I realized that I haven't really played all the race( I like to play as orc and human) but I think there is certain Racial weakness that 2 race I have play(Okay I have also play as undead but to be frank I suck as them and I haven't play as Night Elves yet)
ORC: . yeah I know that the orc are tuff and all but in this map where melee troops die in drove and the orc are mainly a choppy race that is a serious problem. this map take away their durability, a huge racial strong point of the orc this plus The fact that orcs have to rely to healing slave form Heroes to heal until tier III while every body else have a healer of there own since tier II is a real pain in the ass
HUMAN: Well I gonna whine about their lack of offensive meaning i will list the problem: nerfing of Knights Hp, Skyfire cost of food and no offensive spell in the town hall also the priest prayer of darkness is kinda hogwash since when I read the ability description there is no change form the normal one

Orcs are late-game faction. I think that race hardest to play than other races. Shamans and witchdoctors save the game for orcs. I will nerf healing amount per second for totems. I'm releasing other versus azeroth (Barrens 2v2, Ashenvale 1v1, Ungoro 1v1v1, Stranglethorn Vale FFA, etc.) maps. I will update game-mechanics, improvements and new sub races after when I release maps.

Level 1
Orcs are late-game faction. I think that race hardest to play than other races. Shamans and witchdoctors save the game for orcs. I will nerf healing amount per second for totems. I'm releasing other versus azeroth (Barrens 2v2, Ashenvale 1v1, Ungoro 1v1v1, Stranglethorn Vale FFA, etc.) maps. I will update game-mechanics, improvements and new sub races after when I release maps.
can you make the camera normal tho please :)

Level 2
you should buff the Silverhand Paladin into a full blown tank unit for the humans,you just need to add 2 skill: Heal(the paladin version with long cold down and can self-heal only, shorten the cool down time a bit) and Hardened Skin( should be renamed) and maybe replace the Holy Bash(the animation and effect kinda weird) skill with Cleave(due to the model is wielding a huge two bladed battle axe and give them more crowd control) to counter this just nerf the damage a bit, lengthen the cool down of the summon spell and make them have mana pool( which increase the lethal-ness of Mage Hunter against them due to Control Magic could Hijack them and mana+ feed back = more damage and less heal, make the mana pool small)

Level 2
Yeah I just think about the weather system,it is nice and I want it to have a bigger impact on the gameplay so I have this idea have the weather applied debuffs on unit ex: Foggy reduce accuracy and sight range, snowy make unit have the cold debuff, windy reduce accuracy, rain make floor slippery and increase chance of miss for melee troops,etc...... This make the gameplay more dependent to the weather, Bad weather could mean your army doom.

Level 13
Yeah I just think about the weather system,it is nice and I want it to have a bigger impact on the gameplay so I have this idea have the weather applied debuffs on unit ex: Foggy reduce accuracy and sight range, snowy make unit have the cold debuff, windy reduce accuracy, rain make floor slippery and increase chance of miss for melee troops,etc...... This make the gameplay more dependent to the weather, Bad weather could mean your army doom.

I dont prefer to add wheater buffs, debuffs. It's visiual art, not for change balance of game. I dont want to remove racial advantages (Night elves sight, Frost resistance, attack speed bonus etc.)

Level 13
full

Lords of Azeroth Returns! In 1.1 patch ''Quaraji rises'', there is a lot of changes in-game. So many model replaced better ones from hiveworkshop. And here is a lists what is new on 1.1:
-New models
-New Capturable Camp locations: Capture base and build your reinforcemens (Little Garrisons) You can build and train Forsaken, Tauren, Dwarf, Troll, Gnome armies etc.
-New units
-New Buildings
-New maps: Silithus (5 player), Ungoro (2v2) and tanaris (1v1)
-New melee events: Quaraji attack, Trade-routes)
-New WoW atmospheric-m

Level 14
Just played this one too, the 1.3 verziones. Liked the army themed maps. Anyways, you might make a system when you click a certain unit, the squad members belonging to that unit, will also be selected to. :)

Level 5
Undead is a little op, given that they can swarm any races in a short period of time. Though, I love the map the new camera style, coz I also play EA games, moreover I love what you did when you minimized the size of the unit so that they are not awkwardly taller than the buildings. I like the new gameplay, though I suggest you put more neutral buildings and try it to other maps such as in sunkern ruins where the neutral camps are the naga army.

Level 5
TBH I have downloaded this long time before, and still waiting for the next version