• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom Hearts Theory: What's so Special About Sora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
For any of you who follow the Kingdom Hearts series you might ask, why is Sora so special? I mean he literally gets along with every and all other main characters in the story has a enormous connection to Sora. So what is so special about Sora, why does everything center around him? I would argue that there is absolutely nothing special about Sora what so ever but he is only a kid caught in the middle of something much larger than himself.

You probably have a lot of questions about why I'd think that. What's special about Sora is really only two other people. Before the adventure of Sora had even begun his heart had fused with that of two princesses of heart. "But wait" you say, "the only princess of heart he has fused with is Kairi", to which I would say, FALSE! First of all what is a princess of heart, that is a person whose heart is devoid of any darkness, they have hearts of pure light. The 7 princess of heart are commonly considered to be Kairi, Alice, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine and Belle, but if you ask me there's an eight princess of heart. Lets think for a while, do we know anyone who doesn't have a single shred of darkness in their heart besides these seven... hm...

latest

That's right, Ventus! When Ventus was the student of master Xehanort, Xehanort literally pulled out all the darkness from Ventus heart in order to form Vanitas. Ventus was unable to deal with such a loss of his heart and almost died. The heart of Sora whom had still not been born into existence came into contact with the heart of Ventus. And just look at their conversation, when Ventus asks "Why are you in my heart" Sora replies "The light brought me. I saw it shining in the distance and followed it here." Think about that out of all the hearts Sora could have picked he just so happened to pick that of Ventus because it radiated light like no other heart on Destiny Island. Still not convinced? When first encountering Aurora, a princess of heart Terra, best friend of Ventus literally confuses the two, seeing Ventus instead of Aurora. Now unless Ventus both was and is a princess of heart then how is that possible, I mean Ventus doesn't exactly visually resemble this lady?

character_princess_aurora_52a72304.jpeg

So I ask you is there any possibility remaining other than that Ventus is a princess of heart, I don't think so? After their conversation about the light of Vens heart Soras heart says, "Then you should join your heart with mine." Sora fuses his heart with that of Ven and in doing so saves the life of the young keyblade wielder. And that is what makes Sora special, his connection to Ven, Sora in truth, according to my theory has no actual power on his own.

So that's it, this is some cute theory about two boys being able to persevere against all odds because they are together. Sadly no, because this got me thinking what actually happened to Sora's heart when the two fused? The logical answer I came to conclude as the most likely is quite depressing. When Ven entered the heart of Sora Ven also unknowingly robbed Sora of any form of individuality, seems like a jump in logic? Lets first look at the similarities between the two because quite rapidly you realize that the two are basically the same person. First we have Riku and Terra who Sora and Ven has basically equal relations with. Second, when Ven first leaves his home he does so with two goals, first and foremost to find Terra and save him from what Ven sees as a threat in Vanitas and his second goal is to make friends. Sounds familiar, well it should because in Kingdom Hearts I that is exactly what Sora does, he tries to save Riku and Kairi as well as traveling to new worlds and make new friends. Lets also look at their attitude towards the darkness, neither Ven nor Sora ever yield an inch of ground to the darkness, never falling to despair. Against all odds Ven always finds the will to fight against darkness even when the odds seem overwhelming, just look no further than Ven's fight against Vanitas. Once again this is also perfectly mimicked by Sora never yielding an inch.

This brings us to the most depressing part of all, Roxas and Namine. The two were created when Sora became a heartless in order to free Kairi but wait Soras heart had at this point fused with both that of Ven and Kairi, right? So why is it then that there is no Nobody shaped like Sora but only one shaped after Ventus and one after Kairi? Well quite simple, a nobody is formed from the body of someone with a particularly strong heart once they become a heartless. So if only people with strong hearts have nobodies and Sora doesn't have a nobody that would mean... Sora doesn't have a strong heart. And in fact not only that but Sora is nothing, I mean that in a literal term, Sora as an individual doesn't exist, without Ven Sora is nothing but a blank canvas, an empty husk. The existence of Roxas I believe is the ultimate indicator that Sora doesn't exist nor have a mind of his own but in truth there are two Ven, but the Ven in Soras body believes himself to be Sora because that's the only body that he remembers having.

Not to mention the other questions this would answer, why can Sora wield the keyblade even though never being chosen? Because he isn't Sora he's Ven, when Ven fused his heart with Sora he also denied the unborn child a possibility to ever exist or experience life. Ven is the protagonist of all the games aside from 358/2 days where it is his nobody. Sora as tragic as it is died before he was even born.

Level 15
Nice theory! Thats pretty acceptable for me. Although I prefer a theory that I read a couple years ago, about Sora was mentally broken and playing dolls of himself and his imaginary friends in his room lol

Level 24
Nice theory! Thats pretty acceptable for me. Although I prefer a theory that I read a couple years ago, about Sora was mentally broken and playing dolls of himself and his imaginary friends in his room lol

Well, we all have our favorites. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.