1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

KABOOM - A New Plan of Old Design [Construction Thread]

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Grey Nightmare, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Amargaard

Amargaard
    Another storytelling RP? :D
    I'll consider joining then, if it's not too late? :)

2. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    A wizard is never late! ;D
    And I'll be sure to return the gesture :)

3. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Well, this technically isn't a storytelling RP. It does have rules and you can't control other people's characters nor can you play God (Thankfully). But good to have another on board!

BTW, Grey, how are we related to each other? Friends, colleagues or just plain strangers?

4. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    It's story-driven as opposed to stat/combat driven, but the story remains primarily under DM direction :)

5. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Well actually, it is, but it's not that simple.

This type of roleplay is called a Traditional (One thread, One 'party') Freeform Storytelling RP (This means that there are no rules, only a 'Storyteller' guiding the story, whom is familiar with the world/plot.)

AYE!

6. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf
    Here are my (three) characters, which Grey said would be okay, I’ll add them to the RP thread soon.

Name: Norm, Melvin, and Iggy Spanklehammer

Race: Goblin(s)

Description: All though physically similar, given they are brothers, each of the brothers acts, dresses, and sounds different from the others, each having a slightly higher pitched voice that the pervious brother with Iggy being the highest (and in his brothers opinion the most annoying).

Biography: Norm, Melvin and Iggy are trio of Goblin brothers, inventors and mechanics by trade with a habit of getting themselves into trouble. Each of the brothers is unique and his own way and though it seems like they fight often over trivial things the brothers rarely part with one another and should all three ever work together, great and sometimes extremely dangerous things come about from their cooperation. The trio is also known to be extremely resistant to their own antics, having survived several massive explosions with only a few scratches.

Norm - Norm is the smartest and eldest of goblin brothers (but as Melvin says only by seven minutes), having a very high IQ and is the inventor, expert hacker and master mechanic of the trio. Although having no formal education Norm can craft military grade weaponry and revolutionary inventions out of discarded tech and parts others wouldn't take a second look out.

Melvin - The middle of the three brothers Melvin is self proclaimed “merchant” of the group, being noted as very greedy and going to great lengths to get people to by the brothers wares as Melvin himself put it: "I'll make a buck off of yeah if it kills me! And it almost has! SEVERAL times!" Unsurprisingly Melvin is the cause of most of the brothers trouble, often choosing the wrong people to sell the trios sometimes faulty equipment.

Iggy - Iggy is the youngest of the three brothers and is unlike most goblins a complete idiot, as Norm once put it "He's got the IQ of a stump and is twice as dense." Iggy is known to spit out random childlike nonsense in the middle of a conversation, which is usually followed by a whack to the head by Melvin, usually with a wrench.

Iggy is always exceptional jovial, never becoming angered no matter what is (often) heaped on him by his brothers. One thing unusual about Iggy is his un-goblin like strength, having the physical strength of an average Human male, but outwardly no more muscular than the average goblin. Norm and Melvin explain this by saying: "We think it’s the Gods way of compensating for him being a complete idiot.”

7. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Ah... Red vs Blue <3
    Approved ;-)
    Very interesting!

8. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Back, sorry about my absence... ;(

9. sanofa

sanofa
    May I join? Looks VERY cool! By the way, if you wouldn't mind, can you please tell me what happened thus far? I'll post my character sheet later until I'm clear of what happened :p

10. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Hey there! SURE YOU CAN =D
    And thanks, I appreciate that. It's actually my first time being a proper DM so there's a lot I'm regretting atm, but I'm learning quickly and will turn the RP around shortly.

Thus far the players have found themselves aboard "Thor" a prototype "bullet" train engineered to provide rapid transit between Lyss and Krynn, humanity's biggest settlements.

You can find information about the races and world in the first post, so I won't go into the gory details but in a nutshell.

The players are on board for a matching reason:

Though none of them know they share the invitation yet, they all believe it to be individual to them.

The train has since begun speeding up to alarming rates due to a terrorist(?) takeover, the rear carriages then combusted causing it to roll to a stop in the underground chasm network surrounding Lyss (which is an underground city). The 'RedWings' a Techno-Faerie organisation (Faeries traditionally shun advanced technology) were quick to arrive on the scene and seem friendly thus far, suggesting the survivors come to their Headquarters, but are not currently demanding it.
    They are led by a Lena Telkay and refer to themselves as the seventh division.

Everyone but Theos has yet to make a decision (he has decided to go with them).

The only other thing to note is that a "Mysterious" Faerie male had attempted to stop the train but due to racial contact with human's in the first class carriage decided he'd disconnect the cars. He didn't survive the blast but may be of worthy note.

---

You can be another invite passenger, a member of the Red Wings or even wait until they get within the city walls and be someone else entirely. I'm pretty open, but if it's an unusual character give me a heads up first - I'll likely say yes, I'll just to tweak stuff to fit :)

Hope you enjoy! :)

Any more questions feel free to ask, although it's worth checking the front post first! :D

11. -Peper-

-Peper-
    He didn't survive? HE DIDN'T SURVIVE? Oh fuck.

12. sanofa

sanofa
    Name :Vayne Vendamus

Race :Human

Details :With hair as white as the sky, Vayne possess an unusual hair color compared with other humans and a pair of ember colored eyes. His white cloth armor, which seems to be plain, has more cloth than armor. His wrist, waist and ankle has more armor than other parts. He always carries a katana around him. Vayne, unlike all other humans, treats all other races equally, except to those brutal killers or cold hearted bastards, other than that, he is respects everyone, even his enemy.

Biography :Born with exceptional abilities to wield a blade rather than a gun, his family thought of him as an failure, and thus, expelled. But when even called a failure, he manages to feed himself by hunting down large bounties rewards. He was nicknamed "Lightcutter Vayne". The nickname was given to him because of his fast quickdraws, though exaggerated, the name means cutting even that of light. His katana, called the Howling Storm, was given to him by his brother, Utamus Vendamus. Howling Storm was crafted also by Utamus, as he was their city's most trustworthy and great blacksmith. As Utamus is also not skilled with a gun nor blade, he was expelled at the same time as Vayne. They worked for money and survival, but Vayne said that he wanted to go to the city of Lyss, to experience more of the world. So Utemus crafted Howling Storm, as a farewell gift to Vayne.Not long later, his mother was heavily ill, so he went to visit his mother. But by the time he reached her, she passed away. His father did not care about the death of his wife, and only ordered people to give her a proper burial. Vayne decided and left with a goal set in mind, he will not fail in saving his mother.

Scratch that, I'll just be like another invited passenger.

EDIT
    I've change my details a bit.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  13. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    So that biography, but on the train?
    You'll be with Johlkr (Arcisal) the Dwarf, in the human car/carriage a couple of miles down the track.

Welcome to the RP

ACTUALLY, to make things a hell of a lot easier, I'll just act as if all of you are in the front car. You still got approached by the Faeries and Lena, but the cars are connected - the Faerie didn't actually manage to uncouple them - I won't make a habit of this but I think in this case it'll simplify things a terra-load.

14. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Wait, fuck. Sorry for the inactivity again. Internet went down.

So am I still six feet under or am with the rest of the gang?

15. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    I'm assuming you've all gone to Abbith Tower (since it was getting rather messy).
    I'll post a big and detailed chunk in a few hours :)

16. GunSlinger

GunSlinger
    Can I still join?

17. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Of course! Please do! :)
    Just write up a character and I'll slot you in asap!

18. GunSlinger

GunSlinger
    Yay!
    :D

Name: Flora Sky
    Race: Human
    Description: A slim lady standing at about 5 feet. Long black hair reaching to about her waist. Hazel eyes that can penetrate even the darkest of souls. An orchid perched atop her head.

19. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Approved! :D
    I'll slot you in before the week is out (i.e. tonight or tomorrow!) ;)

20. GunSlinger

GunSlinger
    Awesome.