• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Fortress 1.03d

Reactions: deepstrasz
ABOUT MAP:
--------------------------

- Name: Island Fortress

- version: 1.03d

- Genre: Hero Defense

- Number of players: 1-4

- Story:
---------------------------

The Orcs are the only race without a place in Azeroth they can call home.
They have been wandering the world for ages, searching for somewhere they can create their civilisation.
After ages of searching, they finally came upon an island, far from any of the lands reigned by the other major races, they decided that was the place.
For many years, they have lived on the island peacefully, but the peace was disturbed when a band of undeads discovered the island and lay siege to their fotress.
Many heroes were sent to defend the final fotress of the Orcs, only they can decide the fate of the Island...

- Main Quest:
-------------------------------
Protect fortress at the middle of your base.

- Victory:Defend fortress for 15 levels, kill Dreadlords in last level.

- Defeat:When your fortress is destroyed you lose the game.

- Levels:
----------

- Game has 15 levels each level has 3 waves.
- In each wave are 20 enemy units from four courners of the map.
- Every 3 waves attacking siege team effective against building.
- Every 3 levels attacking enemy units with ability.
- Every 5 levels attacking Bosses.
- Each wave has a leader,leader has ability to increase attack damage of nearby friendly units.

-Heroes:
--------

-Map have 14 custom hero with custom spells,maximum hero level is 20.

- Gold & Lumber:
----------------

- Gold is given as a reward for killing enemy units and bosses.Also you get gold and lumber at end of each level. If you die you lose 100 gold.

- Lumber can be changed for gold or can be used for repairing towers or for upgrades.

- Modes & Commands:
-----------------------------------------

- rh (all players get random hero).
- sm (enemy units do 3 times normal damage to buildings).
- im (enemy units do 1.2 times normal damage to heroes).
- em (enemy units spawns with 80% of their max hit points).
- fm (Fortress works like Fountain of Health).
- When Cinematic ends you have 15 second to chose mode.

-Game Commands:

-music_"number 1-5"|r (Change game music).
-speach_off\on|r (Turn off\on Grunt speach).
-kick_''player name'' (Removes selected player from game).CAN USE ONLY PLAYER 1 !!!
-ms (Shows your move speed).

- Items & Recipes:
------------------

- Map has 43 custom items and 24 recipes.

- Spell Caster:
--------------------------------------

- Spell caster is friendly unit that can help you to defeat your enemies but you must pay him to cast spells.

- List of his spells:

1.Battle Hunger - Increases damage of all friendly Heroes on the map.
2.Glyph of Fortification- Give a massive armor bonus to all structures.
3.Monsoon - Calls down a storm of lightning to strike all enemy units on the map.
4.Silence - Stops all enemy Bosses on the map from casting spells.
5.Spirit Healing - Heals all friendly units on the map.
6.Unholy - Reduces enemy units' attack damage.

- Block system:
---------------

- If player is kicked or leaves from game 1 side will be blocked.

- Funy things:
--------------

- If you attack ally unit,attack will be stoped and attacked unit will say ''Fuck You"

- If you attack neutal Hermit Crab,crab will become big,invulerable,and will attack you for 10 seconds.

- Challenge Sea Lord:
-------------------------------------------

All players must click on challenge icon to challenge legendary Sea Lord.
If you kill him, you will all get 400 gold,but if you lose, you will lose the same amount of gold.
At the end of battle must be at least one hero alive to win!
Players which die in battle will revive instantly at the end of challenge.
You can challenge Sea Lord only during the pause at the end of the level!

-Credits:
-------------------------

1.Dan van Ohllus - for Archmage model
2.MC - for Fire Elemental model

This map is protected!

Contents

Island Fortress 1.03d (Map)

Reviews
01:55, 18th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Works fine, not a bad map at all...

M

01:55, 18th Sep 2009
ap0calypse: Approved

Works fine, not a bad map at all...

Level 4
hmm....good idea :)
Let's see the results :)

Later: exellent map :)
Vote for.......approval :)

Last edited:
Level 4
pretty good map but it lags very often and for a long durations when lvls get bigger and also there is a lack of non-casting items and high agi items.I found a bug , the time(in Island Fortress) is the food (in warcraft) so when the time was 51 i got a LOW UPKEEP message :D.I Forgot to say that i saved the game and i loaded later , my courier had one ninja sword (if im right)and i was going for the item with the Ninja Slash ability but the first sword from the saved game couldn't combine to the recipe , so i had to sell it and buy a new one

Level 9
- As Falke13 mentioned you should make items usefull for every single hero in the map (I didn't see not one suitable item for Strength). I saw some words in the map wrote incorrect.. words like "Necromanser" and "Strenght". Yes, the map does need some balancing and taking down the lag.

- Except all those unfixed bugs I should point out the Good parts too! The map has great cinematic and presentation, plenty of imports to take us away from the "clasic" warcraft models and interface. In short words, its a fun map to play! GJ Freeze87

Level 4
I found another bug , players can control crabs :D and the cd of potions is so big also Tomas third spell only works without his second spell on auto cast

Last edited:
Level 10
That thing with crab is not a bag,how else players can see my email when click on crab and warning "please dont attack this unit " :D And i now that Tomas third spell only works when second is off but that can not be fixed,i only can to remove his 3rd spell and make another :(

Level 10
I think that game is more challenging without fountain,but maybe i can add new game mode,and if player chose this mode, fortress get ability to heal like fountain...becouse i dont have space to add fountain...What you think is this good idea?:grin:

Level 8
ya thats a fine idea, just make the fortress have a healing aura (possibly mana to). Also you should give the option to purchase units, i noticed that some of the heroes are mages and some rely more on meele units to take the dmg.. so maybe add a mercenary shop?

Level 4
remove unit spawning and towers unless they give xp or gold adding a fountain or aura would also be great, would be so much more fun if you can actually kite the units around.
make it so that you can atleast choose to play together, whats the point of playing the game on bnet if you can't even play together..?
Reduce mana cost on pots too.

Level 10
i set that towers dont give gold to prevent camping near towers, ally creeps give gold when you upgrade "share pray", but maybe i will set that you dont need upgrade to get gold from creeps.....Or i can set that you get gold when creeps kill enemy only if you are near creeps,what you think?? :wink:

Last edited:
Level 4
I prefer the second one , that ull gain gold when u are near.Also a mix of them would be nice like:u got gold from creeps that die even if u are away and if u are near at the dying ones ull get some extra gold for the creeps that ur allied creeps killed.
Example:
1)Killing a creep on your own gives u 50 gold(if u kill the creep it doesn;t matter if your creeps helped u)

2)The gold u gain from dying creeps that are away from u is 25

3)The gold u gain from creeps that die near u and u didn't kill them is 35

Numbers are just for example u can change them if u want, but i prefer the ''share pray'' to be upgratable and not permament

Level 4
just remove towers tbh or ATLEAST make them give xp, as it as soon as you retreat you lose both money and xp, removing towers and reducing cost on mana+health pots would balance it.