• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to upgrade items without replacing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an item that gives the hero bonus hit points, dodge chance, attack, strength,armor. I need to be able to upgrade this item, but without upgrading it. Because if the upgrade are many I'll find it time consuming to make X items and X abilities for one item-typ. Is there another way?

Maybe I can make with trigger his attribute to increase, and with handicap his health to increase, but what about dodge, attack and armor?

Level 26
Passive item abilities usually do not have icons. Adding them won't crash the game, at least not due to the (missing) command button. Visible passive abilities can be hidden by wrapping them inside a spell book ability, give that spell book to the unit and disable it by Player - Enable/Disable Ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.