• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I STOP unit freezing after that unit plays an animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm creating a cinematic whereby a unit (in this case Thrall) is casting a spell, hence I've got him all wired in to play the animation.

• Animation - Play CineThrall's Spell Animation
Problem is after playing it, he doesn't return to breathing and his looping stand animations, he just freezes. In the interest of everything looking as natural as possible, I'd really like to get him, y'know, doing his whole standing around and breathing thing.

I've come across this problem before and just got frustrated by not being able to find an answer. So could somebody please enlighten me on how to correct this issue?

I apologise if this question has already been asked as I'm sure it's a very basic fix that I've overlooked, but I'm unable to find a fix by searching myself. If I have missed it I'd be unbelievably grateful if someone could link me please.

Many thanks in advance!

Yoysu

You should queue the "Stand" animation, so that it'll play the "stand" animation when it finishes the spell animation. It should be under "Animation - Queue Animation" (if the GUI function exists).

I don't remember what the GUI function for it looks like (or whether it exists in the first place). In JASS, it would look something like this:
call QueueUnitAnimation(udg_CineThrall, "stand")
You would just add it after the "Animation - Play CineThrall's Spell Animation" line.

Level 3
Thanks, that's awesome, I've just put it in as Custom Script and it works perfectly. Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.