• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroScape Map! All Welcome!

Is this a unique Idea anyone would be interested in helping make.

• Yeah Homie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naww Cuzzz'

• Sheeeit, Cuzz naw

• Mhmm, hell yeah dawg

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Anyone interested in helping me develop a Heroscape/Magic gathering board game style map? So Far I've mapped out a Hive Race, Dragon Race, and Holy Race. All with specific styles of play, and "race abilities" such as the Hive race:
-15 units
--3 "Hive Organs". Starting the beginning of the game with 3 organs, a Hive Heart, Hive Lung, and Hive Mind. They are completely useless and weak other than their ability to root someplace, growing over a certain amount of turns and becoming a rooted organ. Each organ has a specific upgrade with 3 tiers (for example, heart may give more health to all units, lung will give more movement such as +2 blocks, and mind may boost Magic Or Physical (Can only pick one(?)). The more upgrades each organ creates over so many turns, slowly increases the hives overall power and if not stopped, to a nearly unbeatable overall power.
--1 Aemoth, The Hive Eye (Your PlanesWalker)
--2 Hellgate Guardians (These 2 units, along with your PlanesWalker are extremely powerful units, and take serious consequences if one or all of their Hive Organ's are Slain, along with losing any upgrades.)
--9 "Fiends"(Mind Fiend, Lung Fiend, Heart Fiend), 3 Strength based (quick, slightly beefier), 3 Agility based (dps), 3 Int based (spells). Whenever a specified Fiend(Example 'Heart Fiend') is near it's corresponding Rooted Organ(Example 'Rooted Hive Heart'), it gains a certain bonus for being within 1 or 2 blocks of it's organ(Example +50 health(50 health = 1 'hit'(or hitpoints before death) per attack-dice rolled over your defense dice rolled(anyone who's played hero scape or similar games will understand this))).
Heroscape05FIRST.png Heroscape06Second.png Heroscape02.png Heroscape01.png

As you can see the Dragon race only has only 7 units:
-7 units
-3 Drake Cultists
-2 Drake Shaman
-1 Zer, Dragon Priest
-1 Zod, The Last Dragon
although it has even less than half of the Hive's army mass, it's unit as far stronger individually, and focus on allowing the Last Dragon to get close enough in order to Nuke it's opponent's each turn. It's counter-part Zer, the Dragon Priest, is bound to this Dragon and must remain within 4(?) squares of each other if they wish to keep their +50% All Offensive/Defensive Stats bonus. Thus if one dies, the other becomes merely a basic unit, with potentially a decent Planeswalker/Super-Unit(dragon) ability or two.

Last edited:
Hi. It's my first time seeing this (from "What's new" on Hive and your recent post). Looks like your previous posts were 5 years ago!? That's a long time!

I visited a childhood friend a few years ago and we played a grand game of HeroScape on a big table at his place. It was a great time, but there was some kind of social drama. I made a friend of his really, really mad from some game decision I made and I didn't fully understand why at the time. It could have been a social awkwardness like I did something I didn't fully understand, or maybe the other guy just had some anger management kind of issue.

Either way, although I never got invited back a second time I had a great time to be honest. So from my limited experience HeroScape was fun.

Are you totally sure you don't have some kind of backup or access to old hard drive? Even if you posted something incomplete, maybe someone else could finish it for you some day.

Level 9
Hi. It's my first time seeing this (from "What's new" on Hive and your recent post). Looks like your previous posts were 5 years ago!? That's a long time!

I visited a childhood friend a few years ago and we played a grand game of HeroScape on a big table at his place. It was a great time, but there was some kind of social drama. I made a friend of his really, really mad from some game decision I made and I didn't fully understand why at the time. It could have been a social awkwardness like I did something I didn't fully understand, or maybe the other guy just had some anger management kind of issue.

Either way, although I never got invited back a second time I had a great time to be honest. So from my limited experience HeroScape was fun.

Are you totally sure you don't have some kind of backup or access to old hard drive? Even if you posted something incomplete, maybe someone else could finish it for you some day.
it's completely gone lmao. not that it worked all that great (im literally trash at triggers and coding)
but it was definitely almost there.
and same here man i played it with a couple of my friends friends it was dope. its like warcraft 3 melee but IRL on a board game,no?

its like warcraft 3 melee but IRL on a board game,no?
Yeah, from what I recall, was very fun. But it has been a long time. It's a wonder I haven't managed to play it again since then. Most of what I remember was that I had a giant dragon called Braxxas or something like that leading my army.

it's completely gone lmao. not that it worked all that great (im literally trash at triggers and coding)
We all feel that way from time to time. But don't look down on your own work just because it's lost. The inspiration of knowing you could make it that you gain as a part of yourself always stays with you for things like this.

Do you think you will make more Warcraft III content, or move on to something else? As Gandalf once said -- all we have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.