1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice

HeroMoonPriestess

Submitted by garfield
By: Garfield
Type: Hero Unit

This model is only authorised for download on www.wc3sear.ch and WC3Campaigns.com. If you wish to upload this to your site you must contact me first (via WC3campaigns.com) and ask permission.

Description: A recreated version of the Priestess of the Moon riding an Owl that was in the pre-beta version of Warcraft 3. There are two versions: with and without heroglow. This is not the original model from Blizzard. Hopefully they will one day release all the models that never made it to the final version.

Legal: This model was created from two models by Blizzard Entertainment, modified by Garfield. Please feel free to use this model in your maps but you MUST give me full credit. If you make any changes to the model you release the new model to either WC3Campaigns.com or wc3sear.ch and give me credit as co-author.

Portrait: The portrait is included in the model.

You can throw away the priestessofthemoon.blp file. It is a dummy that was needed to upload the model since the priestess of the moon skin path isn't recognized.

Keywords:
moon, priestess, owl, rider, tyrande,
Contents

HeroMoonPriestess (Model)

HeroMoonPriestess (Model)

1. » Wolverabid «

Date: 26th of September, 2007
    Approval status: Approved
    Rating: (9) Excellent!

Main points:
    [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
    [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

2. garfield

garfield
    An updated version of the Priestess of the Moon (PotM) riding an Owl. I changed the timing on the Walk (uhh, flying) animation sequence. It should look a bit better now.

This is not the original pre-beta model from Blizzard. I recreated the pre-beta model using PotM model and the snowowl_portrait model.

Blizzard was kind enough to leave the button in the game. The path for that is:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroMoonPriestess.blp

Images of the original pre-beta model can be found here: http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~seleniat/war3res/

Hopefully blizzard will one day release all the pre-beta models that didn't make it into the final version.

The download should contain two versions: with and without hero-glow. The portraits are included in the model itself. You can delete the priestessofthemoon.blp file in the download. It is just a blank dummy texture that was needed to upload the model.

3. LordSephiroth

LordSephiroth
    Very good model

4. GreyArchon

GreyArchon
    Nice. The earlier versions were awesome already, but updates are always welcome! :D

5. Taur

Taur
    hmmm, looks nice, but the changes seems a bit small to upload a new one

6. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin
    You're working on HoS with Rommel?

Go tell him to make a portrait for the illusionist model. :p

7. Mecheon

Mecheon
    The Illusionest has a portrait. Rommel just hasn't given it to you guys =P

Anywho, you already know my opinion on it

8. Eusira

Eusira
    Well you should recreate all those awesome pre-betas

9. GreyArchon

GreyArchon
    Which is totally stupid.

"Hey, here's my kickass model! It's sort of my tablescraps, so you wc3sear.ch guys can have it."

"Oh, and btw, I'm making it impossible for you to use by not including a portrait, because you all would do sucky shit with the model anyway."

He might not've said that, but half-done work like that does give that impression/feeling.

10. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin
    I just want the complete model so I can replace the Sorceress model.(I would prefer a non-slutty elf for my campaign)

But I want my campaign to actually be good, so potraitless models aren't going to be used.

11. Mecheon

Mecheon
    Yeah... about that...

The Illusionest uses the unwrap of Jaina/Villager Woman. So you can easily make a portrait from geomerging ears on, or just using the villager portrait <_< >_>

12. Kyuuketsuki

Kyuuketsuki
    The owl is kinda big.. :?

13. DarkpowerZone

DarkpowerZone
    Nice Idea!

but maybe you should have used another
    model than an owl... kinda big :p
    but a very nice idea, i maybe would have used it. but its 471 KB!.. thats what the
    crystal dragon is using (`Created by General Frank) i give it 5/10

14. nexus196

nexus196
    wow thats realy awsome!!! soon or late tyrande ride's a wyvern xD

15. ChaosWyrm

ChaosWyrm
    There is an icon for this as well.
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroMoonPriestess.blp

16. FrIkY

FrIkY
    Great idea and it looks awesome! ^^

17. soulstrikez

soulstrikez
    LOOKs cool~~

18. Shan Potter

Shan Potter
    Good job,
    Your HeroMoonPriestess, an eagle riders are in my top 10 favorite models. Any chance you could do a flying HeroFelThrall on the back of a Red Dragon. Or a HeroUndeadNight on the back of Sapphiron living or undead. I got on this flying mounted heroe's kick an I would like to have at least 1 for each race. Might be a great idea for you to creat those requests an make a flying mounted heroes model pack. TY for you time.

19. Mr G W

Mr G W
    I like it, but death and dissipate animations look awful on game, making it a bit unusable, unless you are doing cinematics.