• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero_Tradeprince

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Goblin tradeprince.

The walker robot has teamcolour.

Have fun with it.

Keywords:
Goblin, tradeprince, hero, walker, robot, awesome, spider
Contents

Hero_Tradeprince (Model)

Hero_Tradeprince (Model)

Reviews
Misha 3rd Jun 2013 Moderator's Review: that's a quite cool model and has a nice tweak of animations :) lill thing that you could improve though, is to add some global-anim shaking to the cockpit, just to make it more goblin-ish. and also...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
3rd Jun 2013
Moderator's Review:

that's a quite cool model and has a nice tweak of animations :) lill thing that you could improve though, is to add some global-anim shaking to the cockpit, just to make it more goblin-ish. and also.. why is the ejected-goblin mesh missing a whole half of his hat? Oo

16:18, 5th Jun 2013
Deolrin: In addition to what Misha said, I really think you should animate the goblin a bit. At least make his head bob, and look around in Stand - 2. Also, get rid of "Portrait Alternate" and "Portrait Talk Alternate"(using Oinkerwinkle's "AnimRemover", to save space... contact me if you don't have it), and perhaps change the camera a bit on the portrait. The Tinker camera is boring, and it will be obvious in-game that you based it on the Tinker if you have both in a map.
By the way, I love both the concept and execution on this one. Please update it soon. :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow! Well, I'll start by saying "It's about day-ung time", because a solid Goblin Tradeprince (Steamthrone Variant) is something that has been just waiting to be created.

The model itself seems in order; nice integration of Nerubian (or just Spider?) animations for the mount. The gun was nice, the mesh simple & elegant (craft-wise; physically it speaks of the inherent Goblin chaos), and the Goblin sufficiently pimped out (that's one huge gold coin on his hat. :p).

That being said, I have to admit a certain longing... Overall, I feel that this might almost be more fitting as a unit (minus the glow & dissipate). There's a few things that could be done to perhaps enhance this greatly. Varying levels of difficulty. However, also varying levels of glory and honor. :p

• My biggest beef is... Where's the beef arms!? I suppose maybe I was just thinking of
    9.1 - SteamThrone1.jpg9.2 - SteamThrone2.jpg9.3 - SteamThrone3.jpg9.4 - SteamThrone4.jpg9.5 - SteamThrone5.jpg9.6 - SteamThrone6.jpg9.7 - SteamThrone7.jpg9.8 - SteamThrone8.jpg
    . But I don't get why the filthy-rich namby-pamby Tradeprince is allowing himself to bash headfirst into enemies. :p perhaps as a last resort? Also, like the Tinker it allows for a plethora (bold for emphasis :p) of crazy-cool attack options.
    (I understand the limitations of animations. However, what about the Crypt Lord as a base for the Steamthrone? That has arms!)
  • The other big question is about the rider. Before Retera & the Matrix Eater, there was no option for rider/mount animation without custom animating one or the other. However, now that animations can be imported with surgical precision... He could definitely use some animations. Maybe even just something as simple as the Goblin in the Shredder, or the Goblin in the Tinker-bot.
  • Speaking of the rider, I've always been interested in style... Most people go with either the "kingly" type of greedy goblin, or the "businessman" style. Both are great. Don't forget
    9 - Tradeprince Concept.jpg118 - GoblinTradeprince.jpgGB - Tradeprince (EXCELLENT) (Monkybutt).jpg
  • As a hero, he could really use a few more animations (primarily for Spells). Arms will help that, though. Not sure what would work, though, in the mean-time.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Just some suggestions that I think will vastly improve this guy. At least for more Heroic use; like I said, it's a pretty solid late-tier unit. Really glad you picked this up, though. :p

//All Concept Art is compliments of "Handclaw", Goblineer Extraordinaire; except for the last Tradeprince pic (that's from "MonkeyButt")