• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hemske's art/sketchbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Girl with the Scarf" is amazing.
U just need to make some small improvements to the eyebrows (especially the left), to the eyes, around the eyes, under the nose and the mouth should be moved a little bit.
I really like the scarf and the hair is really great.
The rest can be solved by shading.
Really needs shading, u wouldn't believe how much can change it. In the current state the shading is too "shy".

Level 25
Thank you for your kind words sin. I'll see what I can do. I'm almost always struggling with being too afraid of shading the really high values, both lighting and shade. I really ought to get rid of that feeling, as a lot of times does that big difference and really brings the object to life, just as you say.

Level 25
Some studies/gesture drawings and a sketch of Anna from Frozen. I draw dudes as well when I do figure drawings, don't judge me.

anna_sketch_by_yurnario-d812opc.jpg

figure6_by_yurnario-d812og2.jpg

figure4_by_yurnario-d812oam.jpg

figure5_by_yurnario-d812odv.jpg

Level 15
It's already very anime-ish. I like the color tone used for the face.

You should move his left eye (viewer's perspective) a bit to the right to make it more symmetrical.
I didn't see anything wrong with his left eye (viewer's perspective).
EDIT lol madararara, remind me to durarara

Level 25
I don't think I need to move his eye actually. But I agree on the ear and the highlights for the hair, that is true.

Still, thanks guys!

I decided I might as well post my drawings for Idaero Ace's weekly challenge thread here too. So here's the first one, last one was so unfinished so not that fun for you guys to see anyway.

Shark_Monk.jpg

Time to work some on that bulbasaur I hinted a while ago now!

Level 25
Do you use some grayscale filter, or draw them like that?

I draw it like that. Just sketching very rough, then I pick a black brush and a white brush with pressure sensitivity for the opacity. And just paint in, usually I start with filling in the whole object somewhat and then I go for the lighting after the shadows.

I hope that answer it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.