• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hemske's art/sketchbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So well, since I started digging into art more and now frequently actually draw stuff I figured I might start one of these kind of threads as well.

heart_by_yurnario-d7xiop2.jpg

Noble_Wombat_Brush3.jpg

filmstudy___tangled_by_yurnario-d7sncqd.jpg

pikachu_by_yurnario-d7jasw7.jpg

Attachments

• OrcShamanFin.jpg
    OrcShamanFin.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 249
  • TeaMrBubbles.jpg
    TeaMrBubbles.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Level 25
Sooo Uhh yeah I didn't post much here I see. I'll post a couple more unfinished work and sketches, here you go. I'll try to be more active. I'm sorry I don't got any "finished" works, I tend to lose interest in the images before I finish them a lot of times.

Edit: (would the last one be considered offensive or something? Just let me know and I'll remove it if that is the case.)

Attachments

• Kitsune.jpg
    Kitsune.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Wintergirlny2.jpg
    Wintergirlny2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 175
  • figure3.jpg
    figure3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 182
Level 25
Awesome, I love that red haired girl, more shading and it would be good, keep working:)

Thanks man, I am not sure I will find the motivation to finish that particular piece though, but perhaps some day :) (I'll probably redraw if it comes to that)

Anyway, this piece I'm posting here will be finished, but here's the sketch!

Attachments

• Windrunner.jpg
    Windrunner.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 175
Level 25
Uhhh alright alright then Heinvers! Today I spent some more time on the red haired girl, more like brown I guess but whatever :) Something feels a bit off with her though, but I can't decide what it is.

And actually, the ranger's color scheme is as a matter of fact green/orange. I've painted it a bit as well but I'll wait with posting it until I've finished more of it.

Attachments

• WinternewWIP.jpg
    WinternewWIP.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 146
Level 25
@Hein, Well, yeah basically. It was for an assignment in a course I am undertaking where you're supposed to merge an old painting with an animal of your choice. Lot's of crazy submissions I can assure you :p
You might have to stay curious then because I kind of grew bored of that one, but I'll make re-do it though some day.

@Morb, :D I will!

Another 50%~ finished painting from today.

Attachments

• Girl.jpg
    Girl.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 112
Level 25
Thanks all of you guys. I appreciate that.

I've worked a bit on another study, this time from the WOD trailer.
Hopefully I'll be finishing my entry for the fan art contest and perhaps even work a bit further on the Wombat tomorrow.

I also made a traditional drawing today, the quality of the picture is crap due to being taken by my phone but no matter.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 91
  • GromStudy.jpg
    GromStudy.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 102
Level 25
The lighting looks cool. Mind sharing tips? :p

Well absolutely, I love to help out people :D

I don't really know what I can say unless you specify a bit more though.

But something to think about is to use a wide variety of colors. For example, on the heart's lighting I've used like very saturated yellow, and almost pure white, also a reddish more subtle yellow as well as an orange glow.
It's easy to think if you want a yellow glow for instance you just get a really bright yellow and a soft brush and you got a nice looking yellow light. But the result is rarely looking good or believable that way. You also need to think about how the colors interact with other colors. Like how the light on her shoulders seems a bit orange. I've actually only used bright yellow and yellow-ish white there, but when that tint of color interacts with the color of the girl's skin it ends up looking a bit orange.

If I would have used a orange color for the light there it would have looked very weird and not lighted at all actually. So don't forget stuff like that ;)

Level 25
Gaaaarh, I did a photostudy today, the scarf and her lips are killing me. I just can't get them to look the way I want. Anyway, have a look.

And as a grand final, HEINVERS, look at the sketch. It's soon here I say, soon here! After the long wait I've finally got my head around it.

Coming soon, Bulbasaur fanart.

Portrait_Study.jpg

Bulbasaurwip.jpg

Level 25
You're my hero. Yay :D

@The scarf girl, I think that the lips could be moved a bit to the left and the scarf would love more shadows and a bit of redrawing :/

@Sleeping Bulbasaur, I love that you made him like he's sleeping under a tree branch, nothing to criticize or shoot at as of now :>]
I imagine some tall grasses in thar though.

Haha, Thank you for your tip, I'll move them a bit and see if that looks better. You might be right, now that you say that, they are a bit too much to the right perhaps.
The scarf really would, it really would, I've already redrawn it like three times. Damn scarf, it gives me nightmares. But I probably will end up redrawing it once more, because I feel like it destroys the whole image, it really is the weakest link.

Bulbasaur will get loads of grass and loads of awesome shade from the leafs above it. So your imagination is not wrong at all, sir.

Level 15
Like Mythic's comment. Her left face is kinda weird. Also the face looks like looking forward, but the position looks like a little bit left. Well, I guess it's because the lips. And also the ear, should be moved a little forward. It's also too high. That's all only based on my vision though.

Like Mythic's comment. Her left face is kinda weird. Also the face looks like looking forward, but the position looks like a little bit left. Well, I guess it's because the lips. And also the ear, should be moved a little forward. It's also too high. That's all only based on my vision though.
That's true but I think the cheek bones or cheeks should be given more details (or shades) in order to fix the misleading perspective as of now. It's up to your imagination Hemske.

On a side note, you should/could also make the nose a bit narrow-er.

Level 25
Whoa this is the biggest amount of comments I've ever got on anything here. I'm not sure if that means my art is worse than usual or if you guys just are in critique-mode, but let's hope the latter :D

Anyway, thanks all of you, as I said I didn't really feel happy about it, but I decided to post it at the current state to see if anyone could give me pointers, and apparently you got pointers for me. I'll look into these things tomorrow. I really appreciate it.

She is supposed to be turning her head in a sliiight angle, but perhaps her facial features should be a bit fine-tuned where they are placed for this to come out.
It might simply be lack of shading actually, Hein. Just like you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.