• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hayate Random Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine if you make your art in a 4961x3506 canvas, but you need to resize it down when publishing it as final! =P It'll help both the viewer (less image size, loading time, etc) and you (it'll look waay less blurry). Great improvement on the troll nonetheless!

What would be the ideal size for viewing in Hive?

Anyway, a new piece,
MoonElfHuntress.jpg

So I changed my painting software from photoshop to clip studio paint, damn that was such an amazing tool
the Pencil feels so natural, the brush feels like actually painting and the blending is amazing, pressure control the value very well, i dont need to change my color alot, and the GPen is amazing for line art, Ive been always hating to do line art but i actually finishes on this piece, feels great overall, the switch is definitely worth it

Painting with the brush feels so good, and it became so much easier and faster to paint

ClipPaintStudiotest.jpg

Last edited:
Level 28
Indeed one can tell you're feeling better at drawing in this software. The last one looks really polished and nice. Good work!

What would be the ideal size for viewing in Hive?
There's no ideal size because people have different monitor sizes so the site can be much larger for an user than for another. I try to stick to 1000~1500 pixels maximum in width or height

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.59 PM.png

Definitely need to do portrait and hand study soon, :V...

just curious, any good place to find good portrait reference besides google images?
I want to practice female portrait, wanna find reference that have similar poses to kuvshinov ilya's drawing but in real life. Ive always wonder what kind of reference he/she use before he/she goes pro. :V

Level 28
I like the pose a lot! Much more dynamic, less stable and cool to look at. Good work!

About where to find human references, I don't do it too much, but I know deviantart has plenty of users that have solely upload stock photos of human poses and faces for references, so it's a good place to try. I think it even has a search tag under "photography" named "reference" or "stock", but I may be wrong. Perhaps @Mr.Goblin knows a good place for this!

I like the pose a lot! Much more dynamic, less stable and cool to look at. Good work!

About where to find human references, I don't do it too much, but I know deviantart has plenty of users that have solely upload stock photos of human poses and faces for references, so it's a good place to try. I think it even has a search tag under "photography" named "reference" or "stock", but I may be wrong. Perhaps @Mr.Goblin knows a good place for this!

I seems to have always trouble to find real life reference with poses and stuff that i imagine or want, though they do exist in some of other people's paintin. :/ especially anime-ish pose which i wanted to refer to

yeah deviantart is great to find nice reference picture, but Pinterest it's where it'S at with it's search tool. and if not. = take pictures of yourself or your friend. it's always the best idea because then you can ask them to pose exactly like you want, and take the exact angle you need. Nowadays it'S really easy with your smartphone.

yeah deviantart is great to find nice reference picture, but Pinterest it's where it'S at with it's search tool. and if not. = take pictures of yourself or your friend. it's always the best idea because then you can ask them to pose exactly like you want, and take the exact angle you need. Nowadays it'S really easy with your smartphone.

Agreed :) i use pinterest as well

Designing concept of a troll skirmisher / troll raptor rider (non kyrbi0/hero version)

And i will make the model once the concept is done

I give him extra protection on the leg because he will be a calvary, and legs are the parts that will most likely get hit

And since mohawk is too overated, i decided to go for another hairstyle instead, and this hairstyle does feels a little agile, and fits the light calvary design

IMG_6943.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.