1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Have you ever played old games?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by NoNZealot, Sep 29, 2007.

?

Have you done this,

1. I've played but now I'm not playing anymore.

19.3%
  2. I've played and I still play.

77.3%
  3. I didn't play but I saw some of them.

1.7%
  4. Damn I hate them.

1.7%
  1. noob

noob
    The olds games I played are Moktar,Blood and magic,Might and magic 4 and 5(it is one video game who is the merge of two others),Doom,Doom 2,Boulder dash,Diablo,Hellfire,Heretic,Hexen,Starcraft,Jack jazz rabbit,Jack jazz rabbit 2,heroes of might and magic 2,Rise of the triads,Total anihilation,Spear of destiny,3d Ultra pinball 1,3d Ultra pinball 2,3d Ultra pinball 3,3d Ultra pinball 4,Alley cat,Postal,Warcraft 2,Z,Carmaggedon,Strife(the doom mod who have no link with the stupid aeon of strife),Hovertank 3d,Commander keen 1,Commander keen 2,Commander keen 3,Commander keen 4,Commander keen 5,Commander keen 6,Mr driller,Zoombinis, Zoombinis 2,Duke nukem 3d

2. HFR

HFR
    Hundreds.

3. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf
    I just reinstalled Diablo II: Lord of Destruction not even a week ago, recreated my Druid (favorite class by the way) and I'm already near the end of Act I.

Gotta love classics like this that you can just play over and over again. :grin:

4. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2
    Yes.. sadly though there aren't a lot of classics i can play :( (IE Disciples : Sacred Lands, Might and Magic 6-8, Lands of Lore III).... it could be cause im running on Windows 7 premium rather than home edition, but none the less im still able to play diablo 2 and starcraft at least :)

5. Ramza

Ramza
    But you can just play those other games in compability mode. Or have you tried that already?

6. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg
    compatibility mode doesnt always work. i could try to help with lands of lore 3 though. if i get it working myself i will tell you how.

7. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2
    oo wow thanks man, i love that game! havent played it in 10 years! hope you find a way :D

8. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg
    in the meantime i could try to help you with other games. just tell me what games you have problems with and i will try to help you.

9. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2
    Well the games i really really wanted to play were the original Might and Magic VI-VIII, and Disciples : Sacred Lands... i tried every compatibility, but i can't seem to get them to work, i really wish steam would just put these games on there list like they do with a lot of old games to which all of them work on my computer.

10. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf
    One of the greatest drawbacks of any Windows after Windows XP is its near complete loss of reverse compatibility with older programs, most notably older games, its also the reason why I won't upgrade to anything past the latest service package for XP.

The reason older Blizzard titles like Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo II are still playable even in Vista and Windows 7 is because Blizzard puts great care into making their games and keeps them constantly updating with the times.

Also Diablo II and Starcraft are still played on line via Battle.net, another reason they are kept up to date with ever evolving operating system.

11. Geazergimli2

Geazergimli2
    lol ya i cant really see blizzard ever disappointing us, they take a lot of pride in making there games, lol every one of them won game of the year it seems like xD

As for Disciples : Sacred Lands, it absolutely works now! i dont know how, but i was able to install it today like 5 minutes ago, it made my mouth drop when i saw the setup xD im so happy :D

12. Raguzert

Raguzert
    Hmm, I have played some old games when they were not too old. digimon world, dragon force, Lufia II, mordor: ruins of dejenol, dragon quest IV... so on.
    Actually, it's the experience from those games that makes me dislike some newer games, specially when they are dumbly easy. Though I do not miss some older games, like asteroid or space invaders from my atari.

13. Drakz

Drakz
    Definitely, I had the old Sega Mega Drive as a kid, and then the PS1, but I download emulators and DosBox to play them now. Good ol Sonic, Mario, Super Smash Bros.
    I also loved playing DooM, and Jazz Jackrabbit, Monster Bash, Commander Keen, Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu 3, Wacky Wheels, Spyro The Dragon, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,....
    I could go on and on.

14. TaShadan

TaShadan
    i grew up with "old" games and i still play some of them from time to time
    like bw, wc1 and wc2

PS: i loved the games on my AMIGA... turrican, apiday, fire power, settler1, dune2 and many many more

15. andreariona

andreariona
    I play tetris, sometimes. no matter how pro you are, nobody ever win that game.

16. Swazi Spring

Swazi Spring
    Yep, I find myself playing the old Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games all the time. I don't play too many games from before the mid-90s though.

17. Da Fist

Da Fist
    Heh. Found this on the forum after I beat Contra WITHOUT CHEAT CODES~ . My big bro dug out his old console, let me played Contra ( he didn't let me when I was younger ). His face was like o_O when I finished it.

Also, currently playing Monster Rancher 2, with my frikin Kato ( Kato+Hare )with INT SPD 999 and others 700 ( 6th monster )

18. slashdraw

slashdraw
    There is one thing i have to say: *Takes deeeep breath*

Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy 2
    Final Fantasy 3
    Final Fantasy 4
    Super Mario 2: 6 Golden Coins
    Pokemon Yellow
    Game and Watch Gallery
    Metroid 2: Rerturn of Samus
    Super Metroid

Thats it *gasp*

19. slashdraw

slashdraw
    oh and many more i really cant post cuz its a really long list XD

20. sonofjay

sonofjay

Well, i know this thread is way back from 2007 but hell, just check the avatar yourself(really makes me lol). I wonder what game is it.

Anyway, on-topic.

Contra god dangit! And bomberman, mario, etc.