• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gray's artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: If you are just looking at this for the first time, please look through the entire thread. I have gotten alot better, and my first works on this post are not good examples of my stuff.
Hey hive, I'm kinda new to art with a digitizer, but I made this and thought it looked ok. I'll give him a staff when I get more time. I'm still learning, so I wan't constructive critisizm. I know that shading is all messed up, and all that, but anyway, give me some feedback. I was going to draw a naga, but didn't feel like putting on the arm flappy thingys.
Naga2.jpg

Edit: I know there is no background, I didn't feel like drawing one.

Edit 2: Pic 1: I tried to fix the naga thingy Naga_No_Fabric.jpg
Pic 2: I tried to add cloth or somthing Naga_W_Fabric.jpg
Pic 3: It's a dragon, and it'll eat your cookies!!! (so keep your cookies close)Cookie Dragon Shaded.jpg

Last edited:
<<Bump>>

Heres some examples of pencil sketches by me:
1st one: some random hero person on a hill
2nd one: a ghoul or somthing, done today during a humanities lecture
3rd one: a crossbowman who I never got around to putting a face on, that one is old. About 4 months or somthing.

Hero on a Hill.jpgGhoul.jpgCrossbow.jpg
Seriously, I want feedback.
PLEASE :cry:

Edit: I just finished another one: I call it Bird Thingy
Birdy Thingy.jpg
As you can see, I actually made a background. :xxd:

Last edited:
Also, it helps a lot if you do a quick skeleton of your characters first so you get their pose right.

Yah, I do that for all of my photoshop drawings, like the bird thingy. But it is really hard to get the shading right. I'll try to upload more art soon. And Pyrite, I love your dragons, but the red one you worked really hard on, I noticed that there was no orange glow from the fire on her clothes. I thought that was kinda weird.
Maby just me being picky.
And I still don't understand perspective all that well.

But it is really hard to get the shading right.
Try to get down perspective first before you move on to shading and stuff. Once you understand perspective then the rest will be easier.

And Pyrite, I love your dragons, but the red one you worked really hard on, I noticed that there was no orange glow from the fire on her clothes. I thought that was kinda weird.
Oh, there was. It looked more pale yellow than anything though.

New photoshop art. :xxd:
Just a WIP or whatever, trying to adopt a new style using lower opacity brushes and stuff.
And I figured out that photoshop was being an @$$-hole and not recognising my pen pressure so I had to fix that by looking for a new driver. Anyway, here it is- I'm going for a bit more TDR'y exept about 30,000 times less epic.
Practise or WIP or whatever.jpg
It's a torso right now.

I'll put a head on it, then you'll see it's kinda torso ness.

Edit: Added a head to it. Now it should look more like a torso.
Green stuff with heade.jpg

Edit 2: Finished. I know, the background sucks. What can I say, I'm lazy.
Omg-It's green!.jpg

Edit 3: Just a speedpaint I shat out
In like 15 mins.jpg

Edit 4:
Speedpaint WIP 2: not a lot of improvment, I hate the face so I might do it better later.
WIP 2.jpg

Also, I would like to bring to the atention of my friends epic drawing skills: I give you, the ultamate sketch (massive amounts of sarcasm)
IFeelPwetty 001.jpg
As you can see, this picture might deserve to be burned.

Maby not, because it made me lol :eekani:

Last edited:
Level 6
Well why don't you try and make some stuff.
I'd like to see your art :smile:

:s i dont have a scanner and i suck at drawing on pc, But i will draw a few things since and post then en i do :)

BTW my reply was unfinished But i just wanna say that you could spend more time wwith your drawings, and try to add shadows too (they look too "plane" if u know what i mean (thst would be a great improvement (at least at my eyes)))

GL

Level 8
i think you should focus on perception and position, 'cause all ur pieces seem kinda flat/stiff

Well, I was trying to give myself a less blurry final product, so I found the brush hardness setting and put it to 72%. I liked the experement, but found it much harder to get smooth color transitions. I don't know, In the future I'll probably have it around 40% mabe. But I don't think I'll ever have it set to as low as 0% anymore. That's just rediculouse.
Hard Brushes Experement.jpg
Well here it is, I tried giving a metal look to the mask thing, but I didn't spend enough time on it.

Edit: Heres some more stuff.
Wraith.jpg
Resembles the Skurble sketch.

Last edited:
2 new ones :xxd:
First is ostridge man, done on a request by one of my friends
Ostridge Man 500x.jpg

Next is a really crappy swordsman, an atempt to paint armor. I hope to get better as I go along.
Swordsman 500x.jpg

Edit: After looking at the armor on the crappy swordsman and deciding it looked like crap, I decided to start again.
Armor Test.jpg

Edit: I think I'm going to practice making armor right now. Later faces. Here's a guantlet or somthing.
Armor Practice 1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.