1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins is out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice

General Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale' started by Thyrael, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Vercas

Vercas
    Too fantasy for the map's style. :xxd:

2. Thyrael

Thyrael
    I think I'll add kind of icon tags over npcs to make them easier to find. The wingthing won't fit into the concept of the map. but nevertheless the world will change as your char grows. Depending on your actions the behavior of the people will change too.

3. olyvian

olyvian
    maybe you could add thropies too ^^

4. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx
    hey thyrael if you ever need a terrainer u can call on me whenever you want man.although i know you like to work solo. i dont blame you i like to work solo too.

just look at my maps and terrains and tell me if u ever need me. ill be more then welcome to help u out lol

5. Goldendemon

Goldendemon
    There's still a terrainer :>

<~ ME, i think ill get it alone but if i need help, we'll contact you

6. Vercas

Vercas
    You should make a thread about the team. :3

7. syltman

syltman
    There are only two people working on the project, Thy and Golden. Thy does everything except terraining.

8. Thyrael

Thyrael
    I want to keep the team as small as possible to stay independent. Syltman works as a kind of advisor who gives me constructive feedback about my creations like UI usability etc. As soon as there is an testable alpha built I wil recruit some alphatesters.

9. Vercas

Vercas
    God damn it. I guess I can't do anything then. :smile:

10. Theon

Theon
    Hey, i've recently read everything about this mod and i'd like to say that its really awesome, keep up the good work!
    Its especially amazing that Thyrael is creating most of everything, i can tell that he puts a lot of effort into it.

11. Vercas

Vercas
    I see that you want to use the arrow keys for the camera...
    I suggest using them for movement instead, and be able to so switch from camera to movement controll with the + and - keys.

12. syltman

syltman
    Is it even possible to use + - ?

13. Vercas

Vercas
    Yes it is. They change game speed in singleplayer and campaign and you can detect it by a trigger.

14. syltman

syltman
    k but arrow keys are pretty bad for movement

15. Vercas

Vercas
    You can also change the game speed back with triggers in less than 0.1 seconds. Unnoticeable.

16. killax

killax
    Hey, I just watched ur newest video and noticed that if u shoot a gun the bullet follows you.. I think it'd be better to make it where you shoot and it shoots a bullet that goes in front of you and it is possible to dodge the bullets and maybe by a mistake hurt an ally, it would make it more realistic then a weird bullet following a certain person.

17. Thyrael

Thyrael
    Ehm... all projectiles move in a straigth line. So if the targets move of the line, it won't be hit. Further projectiles will hit the first obstacle in their path, no matter if it is a tree or a monster. Because of the high speed it seems so that the bullet follows its target.

18. Vercas

Vercas
    And due to terrain deformation. :smile:

19. Vercas

Vercas
    Now, how's the progress to the Beta?
    I'm giving up on hope.
    An year ago we should've had a Beta of Everwood.
    An year ago we should've had a Beta of The Dark Cloud... (Well, I had but some others didn't!)

20. Thyrael

Thyrael
    The progress is good. I finished my exams => 7 weeks of freetime. We are allready working on the real demomap. You can see some WIPs in the screenshot thread. Most time consuming part is the creation of the different doodadsets. But after they are done, they can be reused in very part/map of the gameworld so the progress will speed up a lot when it comes to the pure terraining part. So don't be afraid, this is absolutly not dead!