• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Campaign Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hi all,

I have recently come across this thread and wish to share my two cents of bugs I've found over the years, specifically about campaigns.

1. The difficulty level for custom campaigns only seems to affect the difficulty for the first map played. If the player immediately proceeds to the next map, the difficulty of the campaign resets to Normal.
2. There is a chance that hero game caches are lost while playing campaigns. This has occurred to me for both custom campaigns and the original ones. Some factors regrading this issue include:

- The player jumps playing from one campaign to another, or plays and completes the chapters of a single campaign in non-sequential order
- The player chooses 'Quit Campaign' at the end of a map, exits the game, and then plays other campaigns maps other than the next sequential map
- The bug does not seem to occur if the player always chooses 'Continue' at the end of each map, then loads the next map in Warcraft 3 straight afterwards before exiting the game or playing other maps

Status
Not open for further replies.