• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostmourne Fanart Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
http://www.blizzard.co.uk/frostmourne/

Okay, well let me just hear it from you. Whether or not this is kewl enough.

1. The Dark Successor (WIP shown bellow)
    (Arthas picking up his fathers' crown after "succeeding" him)
  2. Or an epic battle between Arthas and Mal'ganis perhaps?
  3. Arthas, The Fallen King (WIP shown bellow)
    (Arthas and a bunch of flashbacks)

Attachments

• TheFallenKing.jpg
    TheFallenKing.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 2,446
  • TheDarkSuccessor.gif
    TheDarkSuccessor.gif
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,012
Level 2
Just an idea because i'm not really good in drawing, but I think an artwork of Arthas picking Frostmourne out of it's base for the first time could be a cool artwork.

Now I let this idea to those who can use it and, of course, draw it.

(I'm really too bad in drawing >.<)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Archian, I say 3 would probably do the best as it keeps the mystery of what arthras is thinking / doing but can also shows off how powerful he is. Also the flash back images would probably make for a very good finish to the picture with frostmorn being in the center. I highly recomend you try and make atlest frostmourn to glow to show how powerful the sword is.

On a second note, it does not say that arthras can not be equiped with the full lichking armor set, thus maybe some people who are considering entering may want to show arthras holding frostmourn in that.

Level 7
I wanted to join, but:
Blizzard Contest Rules said:
Article 2:

The competition is opened to anyone aged 18 or more residing in France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Spain, or in Ireland, except Blizzard's personnel and their family, affiliates or business partners.

I don't meet the age, or location requirements... :cry:

Level 45
I am sure age can be faked, since as long as you act 18 (looking like one helps), how will they find out? However location I think is a factor that can not be easilly overcome.
Dsg, this contest isnt "just for fun" its got rewards/prizes and to my knowledge weapons (even blunt) have to be owned by people who are over 18 legally.
So if you were to enter and you are underage hoping to get something in return you are an idiot.

Archian, i never knew you drew so lovely, very clean style. I like them both. I cant wait to see them finished, personally i cant decide which concept idea is best.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Dsg, this contest isnt "just for fun" its got rewards/prizes and to my knowledge weapons (even blunt) have to be owned by people who are over 18 legally.
So if you were to enter and you are underage hoping to get something in return you are an idiot.

Archian, i never knew you drew so lovely, very clean style. I like them both. I cant wait to see them finished, personally i cant decide which concept idea is best.
I'm Art Director around here. What did you think? :p

Anyway, I think I might illustrate my version of Arthas' "assistents".

Attachments

• TheDarkSucessor.jpg
    TheDarkSucessor.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 508
Level 1
great concept, but i have to say that you must bring the great power of frostmourne to your artwork, not just stay cold in arthas hand. If you see the Cinematic ending in warcraft III The Frozen Throne when Arthas shattered ice prison of nerzhul with Frostmourne and become the New Lich King, i think that is the best pose for your artwork.
This is just my opinion, no offense. :thumbs_up:

Level 27
Hmm if 50.000 participate to this contest,Im sorry Archian you are over matched,there art work surpasses yours
You're missing the point. We're supposed to HELP Sir Archy with constructive crits here so that he will get the best he can do, not tell him how everyone else is better than his.
Emphasis on "the best he can do", as I find submitting a great piece to a contest that I'm proud of is much more satisfying than any prize they could dole out.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.